Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

I look back on your trip reports and see Hunter as a little boy and think wow I cant believe he is 17 now ! Time sure does fly ::yes::

What a great birthday dinner! All your meals look good. To bad you forgot the voucher. That is something I would do.

Oh man, I would have obsessed over fur getting the voucher too! I'm the same way!

Your dinner does look yummy!

Lisa- when will you be there for your 2015 trip? We'll be there May 20-25th, hope to cross paths with you all!:thumbsup2

I look back on your trip reports and see Hunter as a little boy and think wow I cant believe he is 17 now ! Time sure does fly ::yes::

It sure does! He was just one when we took our first trip. I think that he was eight when I wrote my first report.

Nice birthday dinner for Hunter. We haven't been to PH in years. One of the things we really liked about POFQ was the boats to DTD.

I did enjoy the boats to DTD when we stayed at French Quarter. And, I went over to look around when the guys were in Disney Quest so I used the boats then too.

Sounds like a great birthday dinner for Hunter. I like that he got "flicked". I hate to tell you but the madness at DTD was no better in September and I'm not sure how much better it will be when I get there at the beginning of May.

I'm with John...I can drink coffee all day long.

I am ready for the Downtown Disney construction to be done. It's such a mess.

John loves his coffee.

I love your trip reports. I read a couple of your previous ones when I was thinking of booking CBR in '13, but I decided to go with Pop and extend our trip instead :) However, we are planning on CBR this year, so I'm back.

I love that Hunter got a birthday message at PH!

Thank you! Welcome aboard for another report. Hunter was surprised at the huge birthday message.

SO COOL!!!! I mean that is SO COOL!!! On a jumbo tron!!! excellent!
DTD was the worst when we went. they totally closed off the road by lego. It was fun to people watch as it was like people bumper cars once they got as far as the blockade!

Our (Chicago) Planet Hollywood closed a few years back i haven't had it in so long. Your food looks delish and wish it was still around!

It was the coolest birthday message ever!

Loved the update! Dinner looked delicious. Yumm.....

It was all so good.

Did they have any cheese at the end?

:teeth:

What's a "pasta tube"?

Just a big old round pasta...well, tube.

Anyway, all the food looks really good! I had never really heard good things about Planet Hollywood before.

It's always been good when we've eaten there. Maybe we are just not very picky eaters.

Don'tcha hate it when that happens! :headache:

:sad2:

One of the creators of Phineas & Ferb used a didgeridoo in a song. I saw a behind-the-scenes clip with him and he said, "A lot of people are down on the didgeridoo because it only plays one note. But if you think about it, every song contains at least one note."

:lmao::rotfl2:

So why did he go to Starbucks? :confused3

:rotfl2: Kidding!

Cause that's the only place that wasn't super busy and he was in desperate need ot coffee.

John is right. Coffee is for all times. :coffee: Especially on vacation. Even at work I usually end up with 3:00pm cup. Of course, some of that is because my office is an icebox. (although the Captain is right - if he needed a good cup of coffee, why'd he go to Starbucks?:lmao:)

Ugh -Downtown Disney Springs looks horrible. Not looking forward to spending much time there next trip.

John is a Classic Roast Folgers coffee kind of guy but Starbucks will do in a pinch.

No excuses necessary for taking your time posting. And some of us who haven't had time to DIS this week appreciate it since we are not finding ourselves too far behind!!!

:lmao:

We have never been in Planet Hollywood, but what neat mementos from movies. Love the Jurassic Park stuff since that is one of our favorite movies.

The food looks awesome too. John's LA Lasagna looks and sounds amazing and your fajitas also look fantastic. Yum, indeed!

What a cool announcement for Hunter's Birthday. Nice job getting a picture of it.

Looks like Buzz is giving Hunter a little goose on the rear! Maybe a pinch to grow an inch?

:goodvibes

The "new" dis is wigging me out and I can't find the "color" option anywhere. Jurassic Park is one of my favorites and Hunter's too. I sure hope that it's not a pinch to grow an inch. The boy is already a half inch from being six foot tall.

That's awesome! I think I speak for us all when I say I would love to see pics of your early trips to Disney!!!! If you have prints that need scanned, I volunteer to scan them for you if you send them to me!! :flower3:

Aww, thanks! I have so many pictures from the early trips but they are all stored in the top of the closet.

Did Buzz replace Cinderella and Aurora at Once Upon A Toy? When we went in 2009 we took pictures with their statues! Maybe it's a different entrance we didn't come across.

Hum, I think that the Cinderella and Aurora are at World of Disney but I could be wrong.

I just love getting e-mail updates that there are new posts to the thread. I have to say, honestly, this is my favorite trip report I have ever read! You have such a great personality and I just love all the photos.

Thank you! I hate that I have been slacking in the update department lately.

Well, goodness. I read everything, but now I have forgotten. I thought I commented before I started working and now I've read too much MD stuff... AHH!!!!! :sad2:

Okay, well, I do remember that I loved the Dinosaur picture. Great use of what you already had! :good vibes

OH yeah!!! Hunter's birthday! He got Fliked! So sweet of them! I didn't know that they did that sort of thing! pixiedust:

That's exactly why I've been slacking too. LOL! We saw other birthday wishes but didn't know how they got acknowledged.

Another great update :thumbsup2 That was a nice birthday surprise for your son. Planet Hollywood looks great.

It was a neat way for them to say Happy Birthday to Hunter!

joining in.....even though you started this report over 7 months ago.....:rolleyes1 it's better late than never right :goodvibes
Welcome! You know that it's never ever too late to join in on the fun.

DTD was a huge mess when we were there last March too.
You dinner looks really good. I always say I will go there and use out voucher but we have yet to go. I really need to take some more trips. :lmao:

I am glad you are going slow because I have been busy too.

I vote for more trips too! How else are you going to try all the restaurants?

GOODNESS GRACIOUS! I AM WIGGING OUT OVER THIS "NEW" DIS. I THINK THAT I REPLIED TO EVERYONE'S POSTS BUT I CAN'T TELL. I ALSO CAN'T FIND THE "COLORED TEXT" FEATURE. I'M NOT SURE IF IT'S BECAUSE OF MY OLD COMPUTER OR THE NEW DIS BUT I AM TYPING WAAAAAY FASTER THAN THE LETTERS ARE COMING UP ON THE SCREEN. YOU WOULD KNOW THAT I RUN INTO THESE TROUBLES WHEN I ACTUALLY HAVE TIME TO POST. :rolleyes:

GOODNESS GRACIOUS! I AM WIGGING OUT OVER THIS "NEW" DIS. I THINK THAT I REPLIED TO EVERYONE'S POSTS BUT I CAN'T TELL. I ALSO CAN'T FIND THE "COLORED TEXT" FEATURE. I'M NOT SURE IF IT'S BECAUSE OF MY OLD COMPUTER OR THE NEW DIS BUT I AM TYPING WAAAAAY FASTER THAN THE LETTERS ARE COMING UP ON THE SCREEN. YOU WOULD KNOW THAT I RUN INTO THESE TROUBLES WHEN I ACTUALLY HAVE TIME TO POST. :rolleyes:
The coloured text may not be up and running yet they are saying in some threads about the new boards there main priority was to get everything running again and over the next few days they will add more features to it.

I think I found it just click on the A with a thick line underneath it, and it will change the colour.

The new board is feeling weird to me too, I guess it will take some getting used to. I posted on my TR earlier this morning and found that the picture limit is now 20 instead of 25, too so there's another change.

Getting caught up on your last couple of updates, loved the Dinosaur Pic! That's fun that they put Hunter's B-Day wish on the big screen at Planet Hollywood. I haven't been to the Disney one but I remember going to one in Vegas and liking it a lot. Sorry you forgot your voucher. Sounds like something I would do, LOL

Oh dear! Did your ear get stuck in a waffle iron?

During the planning process, this day started out as a do nothing day. However, over time, I got to thinking ( and we know what "I got to thinking" means, yep, a change of plans) why not book us a breakfast somewhere. I had read lots of trip reports that included breakfast at the Crystal Palace and I was envious of their pictures of a near-empty Main Street USA. I went to the Walt Disney World website to see if there were any semi-late Crystal Palce reservations available and, there were! Taking that as a sign that it was meant to be, I booked a 9:30 ish (I don't have my notes on me but I am thinking it was around that time.) After booking, I thought "Lisa, you dummy, you booked a late breakfast and now you won't have those empty Main Street pictures. Of course, there were no earlier times available because those who were smarter than me had already grabbed them up. Oh well, at least we'd be doing another something "new to us" experience.

We got up in plenty of time to get ready, catch the bus. Right behind the driver's seat, I spotted a hidden Mickey! That's the first time that I had seen a hidden Mickey on a bus:

Our seats were at the front of the bus and I was able to take a picture of the Magic Kingdom entrance sign.

We arrived at the Magic Kingdom along with lots and lots of other folks. I realized that I didn't really think this through very well. Yeah, next time I won't book an ADR right after park opening. We followed the crowds down Main Street USA and arrived at the Crystal Palace about ten minutes prior to our scheduled ADR. I check us in and we were called almost immediately after which was a first for us. Usually, when we eat dinner there, we always have a wait. Not a super long wait but a wait nevertheless.

Our table was near the windows overlooking Cinderella's Castle. That wonderful view made up for the fact that I had bummed up our reservation time.

Our waiter was there immediately and asked what we wanted for our drinks. Orange juice, milk and coffee was brought within minutes and we were told that we could go to the buffet whenever we wanted.

We had just missed Eeyore but I was able to snap a picture of his tail and bow as he was taking pictures with guests at a table or two away from us.

You'll notice that John's chair is empty in the "orange juice" picture above. That's because he was already visiting the buffet while Hunter and I were waiting on Pooh who was at the table next to us. We didn't want to miss out on seeing Pooh Bear.

No other characters were in sight so Hunter and I set off to see what the buffet had to hold for us this morning. I have no idea which plate belonged to whom but I do know that Hunter didn't get much. He's a Little Debbie Fudge Round or Cocoa Pebbles kind of breakfast eater. Hey, don't judge! When he was young, that's all the heck that I could get him to eat for breakfast and it stuck. I figure it's better than sending him to school with nothing in his stomach. And, for those who say "he'll eventually eat when he gets hungry", nah, he'd starve.

Oh dear! Did you ear get stuck in a waffle iron?

I know that some people don't care for buffets for cleanliness/health reasons but we have found that the buffets at Disney are well-maintained and clean. There are always castmembers standing around to wipe up spills, change out utensils and replace empty or near-empty dishes. I also like the fact that I can sample dishes that I would not have tried if I were ordering off of a set menu. Everyone on the Dis had raved over the Pooh Puffs and I did try them but I guess that I had hyped them up too much and they were kinda sorta a let-down. That's not to say that they weren't good because they were. They just weren't as good as I thought they would be.

Piglet was next up on the character parade:

Our waiter came to our table frequently and kept the glasses refreshed and took away the plates and bowls. He chatted with us a while about where we were from, that he had visited Louisiana before, etc. It's nice when a waiter engages you in conversation and doesn't seem as if they are trying to shoo you away too quickly. He took our plates away and came back with a birthday cupcake for Hunter complete with a candle.

Tigger came bouncing up just as Hunter was blowing out the candle and he gave Hunter high-fives and waved his hands in the air as if he were singing Happy Birthday to him.

Hunter had to have a selfie with Tigger too:

He also came over and gave me a hug and posed for a picture:

Now that we had seen all of the characters and had sufficiently filled our tummies, it was time to settle our tab and head out. But, not before I took a couple more pictures:

**Up next: Zambesi Zelda? That sounds like a magical spell!

The coloured text may not be up and running yet they are saying in some threads about the new boards there main priority was to get everything running again and over the next few days they will add more features to it.

I think I found it just click on the A with a thick line underneath it, and it will change the colour.

Thank you! I used your info and was able to post in color.

The new board is feeling weird to me too, I guess it will take some getting used to. I posted on my TR earlier this morning and found that the picture limit is now 20 instead of 25, too so there's another change.

Getting caught up on your last couple of updates, loved the Dinosaur Pic! That's fun that they put Hunter's B-Day wish on the big screen at Planet Hollywood. I haven't been to the Disney one but I remember going to one in Vegas and liking it a lot. Sorry you forgot your voucher. Sounds like something I would do, LOL

I didn't even see the link to your report. Is it there?

I was so mad at myself for forgetting the voucher. That was $10 wasted.

Oh my...I am with you....I no likey this new board at all.

I have not done breakfast there yet either....but plan to in the future as well. We always have enjoyed dinner though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter