Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

Still strollin' along! I feel like papparazzi!

I was still strollin' along at the CBR! I was still in Trinidad North and was walking towards Old Port Royale. This picture was taken from the Trinidad North building that is closest to Old Port Royale:

Getting closer to the main pool:

I am really not sure why I took this picture other than maybe I was curious what this door led to. I'm sure that it's just a castmember entrance to a storage area but I still wondered:

You can see the towell return bins to the left in this picture:

Lots of loungers placed around the main pool:

I guess that I was just too lazy to walk into the actual pool area and kept taking pictures from the promenade. I was looking between the trees and snapping pictures. I felt like papparazzi!

This is a blurry picture but it's one of the two hot tubs at the resort:

The promenade goes around the main pool area and there are several picnic tables that have great views of the resort:

I rounded the corner and was in the courtyard outside of Old Port Royale:

Ahhh, the marina. I hate that the moderate resorts no longer have watercraft available for guests. At least they still rent bicycles and surrey bikes.

Seating in the courtyard:

**Continued in next post

For those who may be interested in the cost of the bicycle and surrey bikes rentals as well as the excursions:

I could see that the castmembers had the nightly marshmallow roast going on the Martinique beach:

Speaking of Martinique, I was now in the village of Martinique:

One of the standard parking lot views from Martinique 2401:

The Martinique quiet pool which was, indeed, quiet at the moment:

This would be a water view from one of the Martinique buildings:

Back out on the promenade, I took this picture of my view of Aruba:

Looking to my right towards Barbados:

Here I go with the papparrazzi pictures. This is the Barbados quiet pool:

Just beyond the Barbados quiet pool was a pathway into the village:

I found this pretty courtyard in between two buildings. This would be considered a courtyard view:

I walked around Barbados Building 13 and took the following pictures:

Views from room 1308. Looking a little to the left but mostly straight:

Looking to the right:

I know that a lot of people think that the views from a standard room have to be horrendous. As you can see from the pictures, the landscaping is quite lush so guests aren't looking at just a plain old parking lot. From room 1308, I went to my left and this is the landscaping at the end of the building:

**Continued in next post

This pathway led to the main promenade:

Barbados building:

View of Martinique from Barbados:

And Old Port Royale:

My walk wasn't finished yet. I went to right and soon thereafter the concrete was replaced with wood:

The pathway towards one of the other Barbados buildings:

We stayed in one of those buildings for two nights prior to our Disney Dream cruise and it was really quiet there. The view from Barbados, looking towards Aruba:

Again, I turned right and walked through a wooded area of the resort:

the walkway was back to concrete for a bit and then back to wood again:

The view across the lake as I was approaching the village of Aruba:

There's Aruba up ahead:

Ahh, the white sand beaches that we love so:

I walked a little deeper into the village of Aruba and took another "room view" picture from :

This is the water view:

I took one last picture before going back to our room and that was of the quiet pool in Aruba:

Looking at these pictures makes me wish that I were at the CBR right this very minute!

I want to thank ya'll for waiting so long between updates. Life has been a little bit on the wonky side lately. I am getting back in the swing of things and will be updating more often, I promise.

Coming up: Hum, I am not sure because I've misplaced the pictures for the next update!

You really should be a Disney TA...specifically related to the CBR.

I believe that Andy stayed in Barbados several years ago when he was there.

The only thing I don't like about the Disney pools and the loungers...there are so many of them and I feel like someone is always on top of me.

Oh my gosh I love the photo tours! I miss CBR so much today....we are experiencing a wintery mix of ice and freezing rain in central PA right now, and are supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow tomorrow. It is March, right????????

Hope life stops being wonky for you, Lisa. :)

Great Photo tour! It really does make me want to stay at CBR one of these days. Life always seems to get in the way but it always works out in the end. I really wish I was in warm sunny florida rather than cold snowy Wisconsin.

Such pretty pictures! Considering we are due for (another!) round of ice and snow tonite looking at Caribbean Beach pictures is really making wish June would hurry up and get here!

This is our first onsite stay as a family and picking the resorts was totally up to me (and I've already switched twice!) but these pics make me feel like I (finally) made a good choice:) Thanks for such a great guided tour!

oh what a beautiful walk!!! THANK YOU for it!!! very impressive! it's a BIG resort isn't it!!!
the quiet pool was really quiet wasn't it!!!
next update about the Party?!?!

I love all of your photos of CBR. When Disney released % off discount, I jumped on switching our stay at Pop Century to CBR. I am so excited that in just a few short months, I will be walking in the same places you have taken pictures of! :yay:

I am loving your walk-about around Caribbean Beach. I can't wait to go back...

Too funny that you stopped at Room 1308 in Barbados. We were in Room 1307 during our first Disney trip in 2008!

3078196286_3959865d59.jpg

Our "parking lot view" was very similar to the one you posted...

3079689557_4cee384c78.jpg

Loved the walk around CBR! I'm pretty sure that is going to be the next resort I stay at with Jim. We've stayed at POR and CSR now so we need to try CBR. Well, I did stay there with Mom a few years ago but Jim has never been.

You really should be a Disney TA...specifically related to the CBR.

I believe that Andy stayed in Barbados several years ago when he was there.

The only thing I don't like about the Disney pools and the loungers...there are so many of them and I feel like someone is always on top of me.

I think that you are remembering correctly. Most times, the baseball teams get placed in Barbados.

Yeah, I wish that the loungers were more spread out too.

Oh my gosh I love the photo tours! I miss CBR so much today....we are experiencing a wintery mix of ice and freezing rain in central PA right now, and are supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow tomorrow. It is March, right????????

Hope life stops being wonky for you, Lisa. :)

I miss it too! Just 78 days until we start the drive back to our happy place.

I think that life is going to start settling down a bit. The medical issues that have hounded our family seem to be getting better.

<--- my avatar is an etching in one of the beaches' sand that a Cast Member did one morning. :)

How cool!

Such pretty pictures! Considering we are due for (another!) round of ice and snow tonite looking at Caribbean Beach pictures is really making wish June would hurry up and get here!

This is our first onsite stay as a family and picking the resorts was totally up to me (and I've already switched twice!) but these pics make me feel like I (finally) made a good choice:) Thanks for such a great guided tour!

I'm ready for pretty Spring weather too!

I hope that you and your family fall in love with the CBR just like we did. I think that I have even more CBR pictures to post later on.

Love the walk around CBR. I definitely want to stay there again in the future!

I'm ready to get back to the CBR and those beaches!

oh what a beautiful walk!!! THANK YOU for it!!! very impressive! it's a BIG resort isn't it!!!
the quiet pool was really quiet wasn't it!!!
next update about the Party?!?!

The resort is large but that's an attribute to me. The guests can spread out and not feel cramped together.

Party post is coming up soon!

Great pictures of CBR.

Thank you!

Great pics

Thanks so much!

I love all of your photos of CBR. When Disney released % off discount, I jumped on switching our stay at Pop Century to CBR. I am so excited that in just a few short months, I will be walking in the same places you have taken pictures of! :yay:

Yay from jumping aboard the CBR train! If you can, take the walk around the promenade. There are so many nooks and crannies to explore.

I am loving your walk-about around Caribbean Beach. I can't wait to go back...

Too funny that you stopped at Room 1308 in Barbados. We were in Room 1307 during our first Disney trip in 2008!

3078196286_3959865d59.jpg

Our "parking lot view" was very similar to the one you posted...

3079689557_4cee384c78.jpg

What a coincidence! We took almost the exact same pictures! Look how young Elizabeth was. Just a baby!

Loved the walk around CBR! I'm pretty sure that is going to be the next resort I stay at with Jim. We've stayed at POR and CSR now so we need to try CBR. Well, I did stay there with Mom a few years ago but Jim has never been.

Yay for a possible say at the CBR! I hope that Jim loves it as much as John does.

More great tour photos!!! Love your descriptions and attention to detail. I can see the size of the resort being a double-edged sword. Lots of places to explore and walk around, but I'm sure some of the areas are out of the way.

Tell me about the view categories- are the views from an inside window or from the outside hallway?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter