Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

just caught up..phew! been MIA for a while but back and planning this years trip!..we have gone the last 6 years in May but this year decided to try September..of course its killing me now having to wait so long..oh well. Nice to see you all you guys on here again :)

It's taking me some getting used to as well. But I've got the hang of it now. I never got email alerts...didn't want them. But I am understanding the alerts. I just wish I knew if the author had updated...that would be nice.

I'm soooooo lost without the email notifications! And, my alerts only work every once in a while.

I actually turned off the alerts button because having that little number at the top was driving me nuts. I just click on the "Watched Threads" button a few times a day and see if there are any updates that way.

I don't even get alerts like I am supposed to.

How can you tell if there are any updates that way? It doesn't show who posted last.

Actually it does tell me who posted last. The last column on the page is labeled "Last Message" and it shows me who was the last person to post to the thread. But I also just go through each thread once in the morning to see all the new posts. Then during the day, I look for posts by the author in that "last message" column or a change in the title to indicate a new update. If you are looking on your phone, you need to turn it sideways in order for the "last message" column to show up.

You see, I don't like going through every single thread that I'm watching. Too time consuming for me.

Love the Crystal Palace meal! We had dinner there last time and it was great! Good food and great seeing Pooh and his friends!

Have you had your DisneySide party yet, Lisa?

I'm having the party on the 28th! I'm soooooo excited!

just caught up..phew! been MIA for a while but back and planning this years trip!..we have gone the last 6 years in May but this year decided to try September..of course its killing me now having to wait so long..oh well. Nice to see you all you guys on here again :)

Good to see you again! We've only been once in September and it was only for a long weekend. Hoping that the time goes by quickly for you.

Is it just me or did he reallllllly go overboard with the spray tan?

Our ride in the clamshells done, we stepped out into the Florida sunshine. You may recall waaaay back when I started this trip report, that John had a special shirt. A shirt that, when worn, would draw people to it. A shirt that had gotten so many compliments that we made a family joke out of it. We really have no idea why the shirt was such a hit with people but it was and, as I said, it is a running joke in our family. John stopped to let me take a picture of "the" shirt so I could send it to Lacey and Jesse.

Yeah, we know....it's just a shirt from Dillard's but he's received so many compliments on it. Go figure? :confused3 After sending the picture to Lacey and Jesse (they were with us when John first wore the shirt to Disney and are in on the joke), I took a picture of something of real significance. A hidden Mickey!

That particular Hidden Mickey can be a little hard to see and, honestly, I would have never noticed that it was there if I hadn't seen it in another Diser's report.

We had another Fastpass that we could use and, boy, were we glad that we had it. You see, we had Fastpasses for the hottest attraction in all of the Magic Kingdom. We were taking another ride on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! We had ridden it on the official opening day and we were going to ride it again! The standy-by wait time was 75 minutes which was shorter than it had been on our previous Magic Kingdom day.

Our green Mickey appeared when we tapped our Magic Bands and we were boarding our mine train in no time at all. I tried taking pictures of the details but this is what I got.

Even though it's not a thrill ride, Hunter was excited to ride it:

The train slowed and we could see the dwarfs hard at work. Is it just me or did he reallllllly go overboard with the spray tan?

:rotfl2::laughing::lmao:

I took one more picture while on the mine train:

Like I said, this was supposed to be a down day but it turned into a Crystal Palace breakfast, three Fastpass ride kinda day. With John's epilepsy, he does need some time to unwind and get away from the hustle and bustle of the parks. So, we decided to go back to the resort and spend some time on the beach. I believe that we stopped at the Emporium on the way out and then walked on out to the bus stop. The bus that came was one of the older buses. I'm talking OLD...the old style buses with the fabric seats old.

Once we got back to the resort, we got off at Old Port Royale and ordered a large pizza to take back to the room. Some folks don't like Disney pizzas but this one was pretty tasty.

**Up next: Another secret mission! Gotta watch out 'cause the bail money's getting low!

Ah yes...THE shirt. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Funny that you sent the picture to L&J.

Oh that 75 minute sign looks familiar (and it was even worse in September at times). But it's a great ride for the area and fun too. I was :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: when I finally got to the picture that explained your title. I think most of our pictures turn out like that.

I'm one who doesn't like Disney pizza. In fact, we don't like Florida pizza period. But when hungry, we will eat it if nothing else is available.

A ltitle beach time and rest for John sounds perfect.

That's one Dynamite shirt! :rotfl: And yes, I'm channeling Fix it Felix there if you didn't catch it.

I looked and looked for that hidden Mickey last time I was there! Never did find it.

Nice pictures from the Mine Train! It's so hard to get good ones in the Mine part with the Dwarfs. At least you're are clear although a little weird with the colors. :rotfl2:

Oh, that pizza looks sooooo good right now! I'm on the opposite bandwagon from Kathy and love Disney pizza.

Ah yes...THE shirt. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Funny that you sent the picture to L&J.

Oh that 75 minute sign looks familiar (and it was even worse in September at times). But it's a great ride for the area and fun too. I was :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: when I finally got to the picture that explained your title. I think most of our pictures turn out like that.

I'm one who doesn't like Disney pizza. In fact, we don't like Florida pizza period. But when hungry, we will eat it if nothing else is available.

A ltitle beach time and rest for John sounds perfect.

John has that shirt in the very back of the closet and now only pulls it out for special occasions. Not really!

Really? I don't think that the pizza is that bad. It's not great but not bad either.

That's one Dynamite shirt! :rotfl: And yes, I'm channeling Fix it Felix there if you didn't catch it.

I looked and looked for that hidden Mickey last time I was there! Never did find it.

Nice pictures from the Mine Train! It's so hard to get good ones in the Mine part with the Dwarfs. At least you're are clear although a little weird with the colors. :rotfl2:

Oh, that pizza looks sooooo good right now! I'm on the opposite bandwagon from Kathy and love Disney pizza.

Dynamite Shirt! I need to tell that one to John.

I would love to have a Disney pizza right now too!

John has that shirt in the very back of the closet and now only pulls it out for special occasions. Not really!

Really? I don't think that the pizza is that bad. It's not great but not bad either.

I would save that shirt for Florida trips only so that he doesn't get any holes in it.

You have to remember, I grew up in Chicago with Chicago pizza. It's a big difference. I think a lot of it has to do with Florida doesn't use the right ovens and their water.

I haven't had a chance to catch up yet, but I wanted to give you a suggestion for receiving email updates again. I wasn't receiving anything when the disboards changed. I read somewhere to add, webmasteralex@wdwinfo.com to my contacts in my email program. Once I did that, I started receiving emails again. Good luck! It's back to reading for me! :)

Another secret mission! Gotta watch out 'cause the bail money's getting low!

I've always been really active over on the CBR thread and am often asked questions about the resort. During each of our trips, I take at least one stroll around the resort and take pictures to share on the CBR thread and on the CBR picture thread. This trip, I tried to do something a little different. I wanted to take pictures of the various views. Annnnnd, I still wanted to try and get pictures of what were, at the time, "new" rooms. I set out on another secret mission but I had to watch out 'cause we were now over a week into our trip and the bail money was getting low!

Oh, what were the guys doing while I was putting my life on the line for the Dis? They were lazing on the beach! That was fine by me because I enjoy the strolls around the resort and I'm not one that can just sit around for long periods of time.

Let's start our walk around Caribbean Beach! Instead of taking the closest path to the promenade, I walked around the top floor of the building and tried to get a sneak peek at the building where the workers were. Alas, they were all still working and the guards were still there. DANG IT!

I was still upstairs in Jamaica building 42 when I took this one and I was looking to my left:

And looking to the right:

I went to the promenade and took a right:

There's a slight hill at the end of the village of Jamaica (sorry for the blurry picture):

At the top of that hill, the promenade curves to the left and you walk over a bridge. This was taken while on the bridge. The pathway below is the walkway from Trinidad South to Trinidad North:

The (ugh, blurry again) view from the bridge:

For some reason, I don't have pictures that I took in Trinidad South. Maybe, during this walk, I didn't go to the village of Trinidad South? Taken from the pathway looking towards the main pool:

Heading into Trinidad North:

The beach at Trinidad North:

If you have a water view room in Trinidad North, this could be your view:

If you forgo mousekeeping, they will leave a bag of toiletries and towels hanging on your door:

Continuing the walk along the promenade. The bench is a designated smoking area:

The flowers at the resort are beautiful:

This was taken from the corridor of Trinidad North Building 31. The parking lot to my left:

The ice machine and soda machines are located inside a little room:

While there are no "courtyard" categories to book at the resort, if you happen to have a courtyard view, this is an example of what you may see from your room:

The parking lot outside of one of the Trinidad North buildings:

**Up next: Still strollin' along! I feel like papparazzi!

I always enjoy your pictures as you tour around the CRB, Lisa, and today is no different. Lord how I wish I was in Florida with those beautiful flowers, etc.

Loving your walking tour.....I am still having issues with this new set up. some things I do like but the email notifications are really a big thing for me too.

I haven't had a chance to catch up yet, but I wanted to give you a suggestion for receiving email updates again. I wasn't receiving anything when the disboards changed. I read somewhere to add, webmasteralex@wdwinfo.com to my contacts in my email program. Once I did that, I started receiving emails again. Good luck! It's back to reading for me! :)
Thath and double check your spam folder. I've noticed I get some updates from the email listed and also some just from a generic Disboards one

i love the pictures! Thanks for the walking tour!!! It is beautiful! you did a great job with the mine train too! LOVE it with the castle!
I can't sit still for long either.. I would have to roam around too!!
I am with Kathy. I wish i was seeing those beautiful flowers, along with some WARMTH!!! Need a break from the dead of winter here!!!

Ahhhh, Jamaica 42. That was the building Mom and I stayed in in 2012.

I really miss CBR, I need to stay there again soon. I think next time Jim and I go I'm going to book us there. Thanks for the picture tour, I really enjoyed it.

Just got caught up - love your report! We are big CBR fans, heading back for our third visit later this year. Love seeing all the resort photos!! We've stayed in Martinique and Trinidad South and hoping to be in Jamaica this fall!

I'm having the party on the 28th! I'm soooooo excited!

I want to insert a "thumbs-up" icon here, but my smilies won't work. But yay to the 28th!

The train slowed and we could see the dwarfs hard at work. Is it just me or did he reallllllly go overboard with the spray tan?

:rotfl2::laughing::lmao:

Yes, I think he really did go overboard! LOL :) Mine train looks awesome -- lines were always a mile long and fastpasses gone when we were there. Next time!!

Another secret mission! Gotta watch out 'cause the bail money's getting low!

I've always been really active over on the CBR thread and am often asked questions about the resort. During each of our trips, I take at least one stroll around the resort and take pictures to share on the CBR thread and on the CBR picture thread. This trip, I tried to do something a little different. I wanted to take pictures of the various views. Annnnnd, I still wanted to try and get pictures of what were, at the time, "new" rooms. I set out on another secret mission but I had to watch out 'cause we were now over a week into our trip and the bail money was getting low!

For some reason, I don't have pictures that I took in Trinidad South. Maybe, during this walk, I didn't go to the village of Trinidad South? Taken from the pathway looking towards the main pool:

Heading into Trinidad North:

The beach at Trinidad North:

If you have a water view room in Trinidad North, this could be your view:

Awww you're making me 'home'sick!! :( Lovely pics. We didn't take many of the walk between Trin South and Old Port Royale.... it was always on the verge of raining I think, so I usually had the camera tucked safely away. We were bummed b/c 3 yo DD had this rock that she loved along the path, it was at one of the forks in the path, and she pointed it out to us (from her vantage point in the stroller) and said "Look! it's an alligator rock!" And it really did look like the profile of an alligator head. After we were home and reminiscing, I looked through our hundreds of pics, and sadly, not a one of the alligator head. :( Next time!!!...

Yes I really do think he went over board on the spray tan he's even got it on his glasses lol.

That is definitely some old fabric I don't know if I've ever even seen that before.

I like Disney pizza. Pizza is pizza to me except for a few exceptions.

I have never stayed at CBR but it does look like a nice resort and would love to stay there some day.

Hahaha great shirt, too funny about all the attention it gets!
Woohoo! Mine train fastpass! We weren't able to get one last year so we actually waited in a 75 minute standby line! Let me tell you, it's a wonderful thing that you had the fp. lol
Not a bad down day for sure!
I've never been to CBR
, so thanks for the great photo tour!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter