Disney Cruise Wedding questions

Matrix21

Mouseketeer
Hi Folks,

My fiancée and I are getting married in February 2016 on the Disney Magic. Our package is not yet booked but we manage to made a deposit for the staterooms and the plane.

Since the Wedding Ceremony on the beach is over our budget, we would like to have it on the outside deck of the ship while we'll be coasted in CC.

My question is, if we booke the "onboard ceremony while we are in CC, can we ask the DCL photographer to take picture on the island before the ceremony ? Since we don't have the budget to do it on the beach, we would like to have at least some professionnal pictures before the ceremony and then come back on the ship for the big event.

Speaking of photographer, does anyone here have a pricelist for the DCL Photography services ?
I called the FairyTale DCL Weddings and the person told me that the wedding planner will provide me that. But i'd like to know the price BEFORE i book the wedding package lol

Thanks a lot.

You can book a ships photographer for the ceremony. I want to say ot was 300 when my wife and I got married on the Magic in 2010. In addition to the regular ships pictures. You basically have the photog for the duration of the cermony. We had sat down with the onboard planner and got some ideas and by the time we were done it was like 2 or 300 pictures. On the Magic it's a little differnt now. There was 3 spots for wedding to be done ( on 7 day cruises). I can't speak for the shorter cruises. 2 were shipboard and the 3rd was on the island. Since ours was at sea on the now gone deck 7 overlook (the Wonder is the only ship to retain this feature) I'm not sure where the onboard ceremonies would be on the Magic. I want to say one was the adult clubs in the foward area of the ship.

On our last cruise we had a couple get married on the ship. One of the guys in our dismeets group was a photographer and was willing to help the couple with photos. They also had the new extended family from the cruise take photo and send the photos to them. This may help with the cost.

We were married on the Dream last spring and had our ceremony on Nassau day (5pm) so our guests could enjoy Castaway Cay. CC was the day after Nassau, and we paid for extra photo time (want to say it was about $100 an hour) and our photographer took us in a golf cart around the island to take more pictures.

We rented a cabana on Serenity Bay and changed there after the photos and joined our friends and family on the beach (all adults). The photo package we opted for included all photos digitally on a CD and it was $1000, but I know printed photo packages are cheaper, though I'm sure prices fluctuate year over year. Hope that helps!!

You can book a ships photographer for the ceremony. I want to say ot was 300 when my wife and I got married on the Magic in 2010. In addition to the regular ships pictures. You basically have the photog for the duration of the cermony. We had sat down with the onboard planner and got some ideas and by the time we were done it was like 2 or 300 pictures. On the Magic it's a little differnt now. There was 3 spots for wedding to be done ( on 7 day cruises). I can't speak for the shorter cruises. 2 were shipboard and the 3rd was on the island. Since ours was at sea on the now gone deck 7 overlook (the Wonder is the only ship to retain this feature) I'm not sure where the onboard ceremonies would be on the Magic. I want to say one was the adult clubs in the foward area of the ship.

So if i understand correctly, you can take a ship's photographer for the ceremony only and take the same one or another one for the extra hours on CC ??

What's included in the 300$ package ? a couple of printed photos i presume.

This may have changed since we got married. But we had the photogtapher for the ceremony and some pictures afterwards. Once you get onboard you'll do a civil ceremony and meet with your planner. They'll show you a book with some of the more popular locations for wedding pictures. We did most of the suggestions plus a ton of our own and some that the photographer came up with on the fly. We did pics like in the atrium at the piano (photos idea)on deck with the sunset in the background, the funnels with the DCL logo lighting up behind us. You're imagination is basically the limit. Theres several different picture packages. Its pretty much the same (or was the same) as the regular onboard pictures. Except its a different cd etc. The 2 are seaparate. We had to pay extra for the reg pictures. The wedding one we paid for was about 300 and the price included the photographer and the cd. We had the photog for just before the ceremony and for about an hour or so after. I dont remember if it included actual prints. With the cd we can print off however many pics of what ever size we want. Keep in mind also this was 2010 pricing. I cant swear the pricing or anything else changed. changed.

This may have changed since we got married. But we had the photogtapher for the ceremony and some pictures afterwards. Once you get onboard you'll do a civil ceremony and meet with your planner. They'll show you a book with some of the more popular locations for wedding pictures. We did most of the suggestions plus a ton of our own and some that the photographer came up with on the fly. We did pics like in the atrium at the piano (photos idea)on deck with the sunset in the background, the funnels with the DCL logo lighting up behind us. You're imagination is basically the limit. Theres several different picture packages. Its pretty much the same (or was the same) as the regular onboard pictures. Except its a different cd etc. The 2 are seaparate. We had to pay extra for the reg pictures. The wedding one we paid for was about 300 and the price included the photographer and the cd. We had the photog for just before the ceremony and for about an hour or so after. I dont remember if it included actual prints. With the cd we can print off however many pics of what ever size we want. Keep in mind also this was 2010 pricing. I cant swear the pricing or anything else changed. changed.

Great. At least it includes some times with the photographer after the ceremony.

As for the pictures locations, would it be possible to have some on CC ? we are planning to do the ceremony onboard, on CC day, and have some pictures on the beach after.

Thanks again.

Since we are Canadians, are we gonna have a form to fill before taking the plane to get our marriage license ?
or everything will be done onboard on arrival ?

Since we are Canadians, are we gonna have a form to fill before taking the plane to get our marriage license ?
or everything will be done onboard on arrival ?

Great. At least it includes some times with the photographer after the ceremony.

As for the pictures locations, would it be possible to have some on CC ? we are planning to do the ceremony onboard, on CC day, and have some pictures on the beach after.

Thanks again.

I can't swear to either. Your planner can fill in those gaps.

We attended a wedding on our 2006 Magic cruise. Since it was raining, the ceremony was moved inside to Sessions from the deck 7 location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter