Disney Cruise Ships on Google Earth

TJ_from_Nashville

DisneyRookEase
Last night for fun I looked at Castaway Cay on Google Earth. You can see it pretty clearly, although all the details are fuzzy of course. No ships are docked there, but you can see the port. You can see why they don't need tenders, because the island is right next to a deep trench. I also looked at Port Canaveral. You can see 4 cruise ships in port - 1 is Disney but I can't tell if it is the Magic or Wonder. Maybe I will look at some of the ports of call now.

We're pretty sure that the one in Port Canaveral is the Magic. My DH is a big fan of Google Earth and likes to start in outer space and fly in to land on the Disney cruise. :confused3

Google Earth is very cool and I also have zoomed in on Port Canaveral.....what I want to know is....I know the pics are not "live" but how long ago were they taken and how often do they update.....?

i just downloaded google earth and i cant find out how to work it.

i just downloaded google earth and i cant find out how to work it. :confused3

The ship in the google earth picture is the Wonder. The huge ship next to the Wonder is the RCI Mariner of the Seas. She goes out on Sundays, the same day as the Wonder. Also pictured is the Carnival Fantasy.

I love this site. Looking behind the scenes at Disneyworld is great. You can also see the Radisson south of the ship. I haven't been able to find Castaway key though. What did you put in to find it?

I wasn't able to put in anything to "zoom" straight to it. Castaway Cay, Bahamas does not work. I eventually went to the Disney cruise line site and clicked the 7-day western cruise, where it shows you a graphic of the itinerary map. That gave me a good idea where CC is, and I just moved Google earth around until I came to the same spot, then zoomed way in. The view's a little blurry, though, and hard to tell if there is a ship there or not.

mmouse37 said:
Google Earth is very cool and I also have zoomed in on Port Canaveral.....what I want to know is....I know the pics are not "live" but how long ago were they taken and how often do they update.....?

Well by pictures of my moms house they are at LEAST a year old since there is still a tree in her yard that fell on her house this time last year.

crzy4dsny said:
I love this site. Looking behind the scenes at Disneyworld is great. You can also see the Radisson south of the ship. I haven't been able to find Castaway key though. What did you put in to find it?

Castaway Cay Coordinates: 26 degrees 5 minutes 20 seconds North, 77 degrees 32 minutes 18 seconds East

Yes, this site is way Cool! :thumbsup2

mdisdis said:
Maybe I did something wrong, it put me in India. :confused3

Swap the North & East around, and I think you'll find yourself a little closer to where you need to be? :confused3

Leave North alone, change East to West, and you got it. Here are the coordinates for the Castaway Cay Post Office. 26 04.822' N 77 32.195' W This format will work in Google Earth. Would you like the coordinates for the Heads Up Bar?? :teeth:
Allen

OT - BigRed1, my pirate name is Captain Bess Bonney.

I will check out Google Earth. Sounds great.

pirate: Most of the pictures that you are getting from Google are over two years old. There will be nothing up to date on there. The company whose satellite takes the pictures can only release older photos due to government regulations. The picture of our house is at least 5 years old. I work for the company that built the satellite and it takes awesome photos.

captchris said:
The ship in the google earth picture is the Wonder. The huge ship next to the Wonder is the RCI Mariner of the Seas. She goes out on Sundays, the same day as the Wonder. Also pictured is the Carnival Fantasy.

OK, I have to ask. How can you tell it is the Wonder?

This is funny timing as I just pinned the stops for our 7-day Eastern. Castaway was probably hardest to find, but is obvious once you find it.

Thank you for sharing! I had not seen this before -- this is great!!!

Google Earth 40 42.692' N 74 00.767' W If you want to see how old the pictures are. These are the coordinates for the World Trade Center Site.

I know the Magic is at Port Canaveral because it has a ducktail and it has the two new water slides, but the Magic is also at Miami because it has the two new water slides and it has a ducktail, which is weird. So i checked at castaway cay and couldnt determine if it was the dream or the fantasy because i knew it was a dream class ship, the disney dream only goes to 3 ports and those are port canaveral, (the magic was there so that wasnt it), Castaway cay (undetermined ship) and NASSAU! so if no disney ship was at nassau then it was the dream at castaway cay and i was able to determine that it was the dream at nassau because the fantasy has never been to nassau

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter