Disney Cruise Line and Allergies

MedicGoofy

DIS Veteran
Anyone have any experience cruising with DCL and having some extreme allergies?

Anything other than the peanut or shellfish allergies? I know that those are the most common and Disney seems amazing at dealing with them...but Im wondering if anyone with some 'odd' allergies has cruised and how you and Disney has coped with it?

My SIL is allergic to different things; fruits, veggies, some spices, oils. Im wondering how realistic a Disney cruise might be for her in the future if our family decided to try this?

Has anyone had a reaction while on a ship? What has the cruise line done for you?

Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can help her and put her at ease:thumbsup2

I think your best bet is to call DCL and ask to speak with someone in Special Services. Alternatively you can download the special services form, list the allergies, and note that you'd like to be called. I do know that they try their best to make sure everyone has a wonderful cruise including those with extreme food allergies but they cannot alway accommodate every request. There is no guarantee of particular products because they are dependent on vendor deliveries to the ship, etc. On the Dream and Fantasy there are special allergy kitchens to keep things separate including cookware and ingredients but the other ships do a great job at avoiding cross contamination also. Normally she would be asked to eat in the main dining rooms including breakfast and lunch so that her meals can be prepared safely. HTH!

Thank you!!

That does definitely help. We are looking at (in the future when her little one is a little older) on cruising either the Dream, for a shorter cruise, or the Fantasty, for something longer. So knowing that they have seperate kitchens is awesome:thumbsup2

What you mentioned about vendors bringing in food was my one concern. And there is no problem with eating in just the main dining rooms. She realizes sometimes she has to give up other perks due to food allergies (ie, room service or buffets), so that is no problem.

I will give them a call and see where I can get. Thank YOU:thumbsup2

I actually spoke to a cm re food allergies and they said it would not be a problem. I was told that all but buffet items are made on a per person basis. Actually I was also told my best bets would be room service, palos and remis.

I actually spoke to a cm re food allergies and they said it would not be a problem. I was told that all but buffet items are made on a per person basis. Actually I was also told my best bets would be room service, palos and remis.

I'm not sure who you spoke with but buffet items are not made on a per-person basis. Room service may not be able to accomodate allergies either, although they do try depending on the allergy. Palo and Remy are dining rooms, so just like the main dining rooms, they are the best way to go since a chef will prepare your meai just for you.

Keep in mind that Palo and Remy are not part of the main dining room rotations, are adult-only, require a reservation and there is an additional fee. In the main dining rooms your meal will be prepared just for you, they will do their best to accomodate omitting sauces and such; your Head Server (for dinner) or even the Chef will likely come to your table and discuss your options each meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter