Disney Cruise disembarkment to WDW

cswolfpack

Earning My Ears
my family is heading on our first cruise in November followed by 4-5 days at the World.

Trying to plan when we would arrive at the World after we get back to Port Canaveral. Has anyone done this and what time should I expect to get to my resort (getting FP+ is gonna be a challenge).

Thanks.

If you do bag walk off at debarkation you can get on a WDW bus pretty quickly and get to the resorts quickly. I just looked at our pics from that cruise...on the bus at 7:33am; and I show the timestamp on our first picture at MK as 9:49am. So I'd bet 11 or 12 would be a good starting point, if you want to hustle off.

They have changed the bus to WDW process (we were on on February). The buses would not leave for WDW until 9am - no earlier. They are trying to have buses go to fewer resorts according to the driver. We got out around 8am and sat and watched Cars 2 on the bus until 9am when we left.

They have changed the bus to WDW process (we were on on February). The buses would not leave for WDW until 9am - no earlier. They are trying to have buses go to fewer resorts according to the driver. We got out around 8am and sat and watched Cars 2 on the bus until 9am when we left.
If so, there are going to be a lot of disappointed people, and, hopefully, some negative comments directed toward DCL.

That's also how it worked for us last month. Bus was full by 8:15 and we didn't leave until a little after 9.

That's also how it worked for us last month. Bus was full by 8:15 and we didn't leave until a little after 9.

Thanks for the reports!! So, in effect this punishes those people who have main seating, get to their breakfast early. They get to sit on a bus to wait for the people with second dining to eat breakfast and get off the ship. I would be really upset about this! (not that this would ever apply to me, we are always second dining people...)

We started our FP+ at noon and were back way before that.

We did this in 2012. If memory serves, we got to our resort about 10.30, and got to DHS around 11.30 or so. That was OK with us as we stayed to watch Fantasmic so had a full day despite the late start.

I was horribly disappointed in the new process. If it's the same when we go next February, we will be having a car service pick us up. Was not a magical ending to the vacation and we were very surprised. The bus driver asked if we had gotten a letter in our stateroom the last night. We did not, but even if we did, it's a little too late to get this info on our last evening when there is nothing you can do about it.

Same. We cruised on the Dream at the end of January. We received this letter on the last night.IMG_3363.jpg
Well, people were still getting on the bus after 9. I have a time-stamped photo of us driving through the WDW gates at 10:11, fwiw.

I like this new process. You can depend on a departure time, so you can depend on an arrival time (a bit over an hour later), and the coaches visit fewer resorts which actually helps you get there better. Knowing how they do it helps a lot in worrying about getting off the boat, etc. I think this is a nice move on their part, helps us all out.

Does one bus go to all of the resorts? And if so, does anyone know the order? We're staying at the contemporary.

I think its kind of silly to wait till 9 for busses to leave the port. your going to have a bunch of full buses leave the same time. it will take them an hour there and an hour back and possibly they will (could) all pull back into the terminal at the same time. you would think staggering would work so much better.
anyways, last October when we used the buses to get to wdw it took 2 hours and 35 minutes from getting on the bus to arrival at our resort. first time it has taken so long and very disappointing.

I think its kind of silly to wait till 9 for busses to leave the port. your going to have a bunch of full buses leave the same time. it will take them an hour there and an hour back and possibly they will (could) all pull back into the terminal at the same time. you would think staggering would work so much better.
anyways, last October when we used the buses to get to wdw it took 2 hours and 35 minutes from getting on the bus to arrival at our resort. first time it has taken so long and very disappointing.
Wow. That is disappointing. Where were you staying? This is my concern as well. I've already booked transfers but considering cancelling

Wow. That is disappointing. Where were you staying? This is my concern as well. I've already booked transfers but considering cancelling
we were staying at the animal kingdom lodge. it is the only time we have had this happen and i'm pretty sure its not the norm but it was annoying at the time. I also think it was a new driver, he didn't seem to know what he was doing.

Does one bus go to all of the resorts? And if so, does anyone know the order? We're staying at the contemporary.
No, they'll ask you which resort you're going to and send you to the bus stopping at that resort. We stayed at the Grand Floridian and our bus made stops at Saratgo Springs, POFQ (I think), the Poly and the Grand Floridian (in that order).

No, they'll ask you which resort you're going to and send you to the bus stopping at that resort. We stayed at the Grand Floridian and our bus made stops at Saratgo Springs, POFQ (I think), the Poly and the Grand Floridian (in that order).
Thanks! That's what I was wondering.. If they work their way to the MK resorts. One of my favorite things about our last trip to the Poly is that we were first stop from the airport. And to other parks we only shared with GF, and busses were never crowded. I need to factor the several stops in to my fast pass selections.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter