Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

I do hope that's not true. I had my heart set on marrying out on deck 7. I've had no notification from Meredith to say I couldn't. How do you know this?
Thanks

Came via email from Meredith unfortunately. Anxious to know what the alternatives are. That information isn't available yet unfortunately.

Hi Joan! We are going to get married on the ship when we are docked at Nassau. This is technically a renewal but I never had a true wedding. So I will be wearing the whole Princess gown with full train and veil and not to forget the tiara! I have 4 grown kids from a previous marriage ( no wedding) 6 grand kids and I am proud to say I am only 48!! So all the kids are going and some other family members. December of 2014 is not going to come quick enough!!
I'll be 43 when I get married next year!! No-one is too old for a wedding!
Joa

Those are fantastic! Do you get to request specific favorite characters/movies, or are they just going to be anything & everything Disney-themed ? Either way, they're super cute! They'll make for awesome photos :)
You can either choose all the pictures yourself and send them to her, or you can give her the ideas and she'll scout the piccies out for you.
For the Australian wedding I'm going to, I've just told her to use pictures that show Perth, koalas, wedding rings, kangaroos etc. I should get them in the next 3 weeks so I'll come back to show a photo of them.

Hello everyone! My name is Katie, and i'm so excited, the future husband and I just put our down payment for our Disney wedding cruise aboard the Dream for the June 22-26th 2014 sailing! I have a million and one questions but I want to make sure I read through the entire thread before I ask anything that might have been answered already! I've been trying to scout out good videos that show the ceremony aboard the ship.. a lot of the youtube videos I've watched have been more along the lines of a slideshow of pictures.. and I was curious to see how they "Disneyfy" the music during the wedding. I can't wait to get to know and learn from all of you! :cheer2:
Welcome Katie and congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I think it's been answered, but you can choose your own music (on cd), or you can get the piano player to play a choice from DCL's list. Some brides have been abl to ask for music not on the list, others have not.

Hi Disney Brides! I am on a hunt looking for Brides or anybody that will be on the same cruise as I am. I will be renewing my vows...but I should say that it is full Disney Dream Wedding. I have never had a wedding so know I am getting my full Princess wedding. Well back on track know....I will and my whole crew be on the Disney Dream December 15-19 2014.

I am getting myself involved in so many things for this cruise not only am I getting married I will be involved in the FE on the ship. I have 6 grand kids that would love to get involved in that.

Can't wait to here from anybody that is going to be on that cruise :)
Congratulations!! We've done FEs a few times .. it's really good fun.

Came via email from Meredith unfortunately. Anxious to know what the alternatives are. That information isn't available yet unfortunately.

Oh that's a bummer for those wanting Deck 7.:sad1:

I can't believe that we are to our 30 day mark for the wedding already. Heard back from Meredith that she got our confirmation. We should now be getting the confirmation from the ship in another 2 weeks when we are only 2 weeks out. It seems to be coming so quick now. Wedding rings are ordered and should be arriving the end of July. i have all of the magnets printed for the stateroom doors. I'm not doing any stateroom gifts since there will only be 10 of us total and between all of us we already have the necessities that need to be brought. I feel like I have everything ready to go (It's a really low key wedding for us). I hope I still feel this way in another couple of weeks. :)

Congrats to all the new cruise brides! Can't wait to hear about your planning.

Beth

I have a link in my signature.. It is a Deck 7 ceremony, but you could see how it turned out.

I hope they aren't doing away with deck 7 ceremony's... I didn't want to get married in the inside bar.. It was so perfect Nd intimate out there

I can't believe that we are to our 30 day mark for the wedding already. Heard back from Meredith that she got our confirmation. We should now be getting the confirmation from the ship in another 2 weeks when we are only 2 weeks out. It seems to be coming so quick now. Wedding rings are ordered and should be arriving the end of July. i have all of the magnets printed for the stateroom doors. I'm not doing any stateroom gifts since there will only be 10 of us total and between all of us we already have the necessities that need to be brought. I feel like I have everything ready to go (It's a really low key wedding for us). I hope I still feel this way in another couple of weeks. :)

Beth

I can't wait for that feeling. I still have a year and a half for that! You are going to have a wonderful magical time. Can't wait to hear and see pics of your wedding. Congratulations!!!

we got married on the Disney dream on the 6th may this year and it was the most wonderful and magical day of our lives
we got married at meridian patio which is an outdoor venue and it was done lovely they couldn't do enough for us we were treated like royalty,
it was only the 2 of us but they made it even more special for us
we booked the Disney photographer and our photographer lee was the best, our photos are lovely,
I felt like a princess and was treated like one, when we went round the ship to have our photos taken every one was congratulating us, I would highly recommend Disney cruise weddings the only bad thing was it went far too fast but loved every minute of it (we were on a 4 night, 5 day cruise)
we also took part in the fe group and got some lovely presents that we will keep forever to remember our wedding on the ship
the ship is so beautiful and the staff were wonderful

Hello! I have not posted on here in quite some time and I had hoped that when I do stop being lazy it would be a happier post.

While I finally got my dream career (police department) and was accepted into the training academy, it interferes with our wedding. This means we are canceling/postponing it. Now I have a bunch of welcome bags, bubba kegs with DCL stickers, magnets all sitting next to a wedding dress collecting dust. :eek:

I will be putting my PJ on hold, but I really wanted to let the DCL brides that have yet to select photographers know about the one I selected (who I just canceled for October 12, 2013 Fantasy Western C. cruise). She has excellent ratings on theknot.com and wedding magazine and numerous reviews from other wedding sites. She does boudoir(sp?) shoots and the pictures really did amazing. We were even going to do a few shots from my mother's wedding in mine as a sort of 'mother/daughter' gift for my mom. It would have been her first DisCruise Wedding and so all we had to do was pay for her cruise fare if we agreed to let her use the pictures on her business website here. If you are looking for a photographer, please consider her as I feel absolutely horrible about offering her an opportunity and then having to cancel it, not to mention she could have booked another wedding. She is so nice, lives in Florida, and is a WDW regular.

I will still be lurking around here until I can reopen my wedding PJ... :cool2:

Hello! I have not posted on here in quite some time and I had hoped that when I do stop being lazy it would be a happier post.

While I finally got my dream career (police department) and was accepted into the training academy, it interferes with our wedding. This means we are canceling/postponing it. Now I have a bunch of welcome bags, bubba kegs with DCL stickers, magnets all sitting next to a wedding dress collecting dust. :eek:

I will be putting my PJ on hold, but I really wanted to let the DCL brides that have yet to select photographers know about the one I selected (who I just canceled for October 12, 2013 Fantasy Western C. cruise). She has excellent ratings on theknot.com and wedding magazine and numerous reviews from other wedding sites. She does boudoir(sp?) shoots and the pictures really did amazing. We were even going to do a few shots from my mother's wedding in mine as a sort of 'mother/daughter' gift for my mom. It would have been her first DisCruise Wedding and so all we had to do was pay for her cruise fare if we agreed to let her use the pictures on her business website here. If you are looking for a photographer, please consider her as I feel absolutely horrible about offering her an opportunity and then having to cancel it, not to mention she could have booked another wedding. She is so nice, lives in Florida, and is a WDW regular.

Congrats on getting your dream job. That is awsome. Getting a job the you always wanted. :goodvibes

I'm sorry the job meant you had to postpone you DCL wedding. I hope that you can get back to planning it very soon.

we got married on the Disney dream on the 6th may this year and it was the most wonderful and magical day of our lives
we got married at meridian patio which is an outdoor venue and it was done lovely they couldn't do enough for us we were treated like royalty,
we booked the Disney photographer and our photographer lee was the best, our photos are lovely,
I felt like a princess and was treated like one, when we went round the ship to have our photos taken every one was congratulating us, I would highly recommend Disney cruise weddings the only bad thing was it went far too fast but loved every minute of it (we were on a 4 night, 5 day cruise)
we also took part in the fe group and got some lovely presents that we will keep forever to remember our wedding on the ship

I'm glad to hear your wedding was wonderful. I would love to see some of your pictures if you don't mind. We also booked the Disney photographer becasue we couldn't afford to bring one for the cost of the Alaskan cruise. I hear some bad things about them on the boards and I am feeling better hearing that you had a great experience with them. We are also having an outdoor wedding on deck 7 since we will be sailing the Wonder this time. Are their any tips or advice I should know?

Thanks,
Beth

I'm glad to hear your wedding was wonderful. I would love to see some of your pictures if you don't mind. We also booked the Disney photographer becasue we couldn't afford to bring one for the cost of the Alaskan cruise. I hear some bad things about them on the boards and I am feeling better hearing that you had a great experience with them. We are also having an outdoor wedding on deck 7 since we will be sailing the Wonder this time. Are their any tips or advice I should know?

Thanks,
Beth

I had Mikey as my onboard photographer on the Wonder back in May and he did a fantastic job.

So sorry you had to postpone your wedding, but at least the reason was a good one. Getting your dream job is great news and hopefully you will be back planning really soon. Congratulations!

Beth
Wow, only 30 days .. well, less now!! Being relaxed is a great thing and hopefully you can carry that through to the wedding day too :)

Are you able to put any pictures up for us to look at? :thumbsup2

Hi All!
I'm getting married in about 10 days on a Disney Dream Cruise at Castaway Cay :)

Quick question about photo locations:
-We are going to try to get some engagement photos done in Nassau Bahamas the day before. I had seen in someone's PJ a beautiful location that looked like a garden/orchard of some kind. Can anyone tell me where this beautiful place is or what it is called?! I've been trying to look back and find it with no luck.

Much appreciated!!!
-Amy

Has anyone purchased the Photo CD from the wedding and been able to include photos from the cruise portraits on other nights? Thanks!

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!