1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by DisneyDmbNut, Apr 25, 2012.

1. JBeanBunny

JBeanBunny royal purple pigment

So sorry to hear about your bunny! I have one too (if you check my PJ, I think there's a few pictures of her in there) and I always have separation anxiety when I leave her alone! Yeah, I have people who will feed her when we're away, but nobody who will let her out to roam. I do wonder about getting her a bunny friend, but I also worry that since she's 2 years old and used to being an "only" child that she won't adapt well... I hope everything goes well for you!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

How sweet!

4. cruisn2castaway

cruisn2castaway Mouseketeer

We got Sam 3 months before gabby joined us. there was some jealousy for the first day but then they became best friends, never leaving each others side. Gabby would have been 10 next Monday and Sam is 10 1/2. I'm sure if you decided your bunny would love a friend. I found your picture of your bunny, she is such a cutie! I loved your planning journal, so many great ideas!

5. Fifitrixabellee

Fifitrixabellee Earning My Ears

Hi everyone,
    I've just finished reading all 47 pages and Jillian's pj it's only taken 2 days. Phew!
    We are getting married in the Med Aug 14 and I've already started planning.
    Your tips, advice and experiences have been really helpful, especially knowing that I'm not the only one have the same kind of issues, such as important people not booking yet!
    Jillian I just loved reading about your wedding I'm a crafting addict too ;)
    I just wanted to say hi for now and I'm sure I will be asking lots of questions along the way. I have started blogging my planning on Tumblr but not sure if I'm allowed to put a link on here?

Fi

6. GrimGrinningVal

GrimGrinningVal Disney Hotel Snob

Has anyone requested a ceremony site on Serenity Beach or near the cabanas? Just wondering if there are others options..... :confused3

7. JessieGlitter

JessieGlitter Earning My Ears

2 months and 3 days till I leave!!! Can't wait!!! Have to submit my planning packet to Meredith on Monday.

How do you ask her questions? Just though email??

<3

8. dclwonderprincess

dclwonderprincess Mouseketeer

I always just emailed her, she was prompt with her responses.

9. cruisn2castaway

cruisn2castaway Mouseketeer

Congrats!It felt like it was really coming together once the planning guide was submitted. Meredith always responded back the same day for me, if I emailed her in business hours. Once the planning guide is submitted she sets up a phone call to go over all of your plans. It was great to be able to talk to her and make sure that we were on the same page.

10. Fifitrixabellee

Hi all, General question if Brides past and present could help. When did you send out your invites and how near to your cruise was the RSVP? I've already sent Save the dates out. I know traditionally people have sent me invites about 3 months before and RSVP 6 weeks but this is a little different? I'm crafting quite a lot of things myself for our Wedding and don't want to find out I've got an extra family to make things for a few weeks out. I'd be freaking out! Fiona

11. dclwonderprincess

I sent out my save the dates basically as soon as we booked our cruise. I didn't have a large group so I didn't worry about RSVPs. Be prepared for people to book then have to cancel, this includes immediate family.

12. Evi

Evi DIS Veteran

I told immediate family at the 1.5 year mark. Sent out save the dates at 1 year and invites at 6 months.

13. Fifitrixabellee

Thank you for the replies. I've since had another response that one of my good friends is definitely coming. I do take your point about people cancelling I've already had my best friend book then not confirm. I guess I'm just going to wait to personalise things. We have had verbal confirmation from all but one family. So far we have 10 guests booked plus us and another 6 saying they will come. So I nice size group. I'm really hoping to marry on deck.
    I've also seen an adorable invitation that's a fan that I love so I'm going to attempt to make them nearer the time as I won't have many to make. I know I don't really need to, I just really like them.

14. GrimGrinningVal

What is the rule about who can come to the legal ceremony? Can family come on board just to witness this, then depart?

15. dclwonderprincess

You are only allowed 2 guests for the legal ceremony and I doubt you can have someone that is not going on the cruise come whiteness it due to security.

16. chris31997

chris31997 Disney Kid at Heart

I'm pretty sure if they aren't on the cruise they can drop you off but can't even go in the terminal. Like dclwonderprincess said, security.

17. GrimGrinningVal

Thanks everyone! I couldn't remember if people could get guest passes to hop on the ship for a minute or not. My fiance in good with the cruise wedding, but worries that some of his family won't want to do the cruise, but would want to witness the legal ceremony. I guess we will have to have more talks with his family

18. Fifitrixabellee

Which cruise are you planning on? I only ask because we are marrying on a Med one and have to have the legal part back home.

19. JBeanBunny

JBeanBunny royal purple pigment

I know a lot of people do smaller "at home" receptions for those who couldn't make it on the cruise! Unfortunately my family is so scattered and so far away that this wasn't really an option... it was a "destination" just for everybody to get to orlando to see us! Honestly, we had more people come on our cruise than we had expected- I thought MAYBE 25 people would join us and we had 47 guests!

As for the Save the Dates and Invitations- I sent my invitations immediately after booking the cruise around the 1 year mark. I wanted to get everybody aware and serious about booking ASAP. I had an RSVP 'website' set up to save on stationary that was linked to a google doc- so people gave their full name, the name of the guests coming onboard- their confirmation number- address - e-mail - phone number... ALL of these came in handy for me during MY planning process! Especially when linking all of the reservations for dining! I didn't set an RSVP date (I hate deadlines) and I got most of my guests booked within the first 4-5 months with only a few later joiners. I didn't get a lot of "NO" Rsvp's- I think people feel BAD if they can't come so they just don't respond... I didn't take it personally- a cruise is a big responsibility, especially if you're also factoring in airfare and lodging.

Oh, and since I haven't been on lately, I just wanted to share a recent blog post that Jackie Pacheco wrote about my wedding cruise in case anybody is interested! http://www.bridalquinceguide.com/en/blog/jillian-michaels-disney-cruise-wedding Happy planning, everybody!

20. GrimGrinningVal

The 4 day Bahamian Cruise. My fiance is trying to make everyone happy but I'm feeling like I have to alter everything I want just to fit his family's financials. I am the one paying for everything wedding related. I know doing an at-home legal ceremony is an option, but worry it would feel weird having two ceremonies.

21. GrimGrinningVal

I like the idea of setting up a RSVP website for linking everyone's info. :) I have no idea how many family members would come on the cruise with us, but I would love to be pleasantly surprised like you! 47 guests is a good number!