Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

We had such an amazing time on the cruise!!! I couldnt have asked for a better trip!! everything was fantastic!!! hope upcoming brides have as much fun as we did :)

You look stunning! And your husband looks so daper in his suit. Do you mind sharing where he purchased it?

You look stunning! And your husband looks so daper in his suit. Do you mind sharing where he purchased it?

Thank you so much, what a nice comment! :) The suit was nothing special We purchased it at JC Pennys for around 300.00 maybe not that much. The bow tie was from there as well and it was 9.00 I though he looked amazing in it as well. :)

You look gorgeous!!! :) Congratulations on your marriage, and glad to hear it was a wonderful wedding trip! It was especially exciting to see your bouquet! I'm leaning toward the oceanfront elegance as my choice too! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

The bouquet was beautiful! You should def go for the oceanfront elegance. When Brent (my onboard cord.) gave it to me I was like Oh My I LOVE IT!! I cant say enough good things about the trip. I will try and get a post on here soon about the wedding and some pictures as soon as I figure out how to make a PJ :)

On another note, do you happen to know if they ever are willing to add a ribbon to the bottom of the tiers on DCL cakes?

In the past DFTW has been super-stingy about what can be altered in the cake design because the resources on the ship are so limited. If DFTW shoots it down, I think your best bet for getting a modification like this would be to give the ribbon to your onboard coordinator as soon as you meet and see if s/he can make it happen.

In the past DFTW has been super-stingy about what can be altered in the cake design because the resources on the ship are so limited. If DFTW shoots it down, I think your best bet for getting a modification like this would be to give the ribbon to your onboard coordinator as soon as you meet and see if s/he can make it happen.

:worship:

You have completely summed up what I've thought and felt when I call them. I would have used different words but I think yours convey the emotion perfectly while still maintaining some poise. Thank you.

:worship:

You have completely summed up what I've thought and felt when I call them. I would have used different words but I think yours convey the emotion perfectly while still maintaining some poise. Thank you.

:rotfl: + :hug: (for the bad experience)

You guys are awesome! From what I gleaned, I figured I'd have to talk someone into it onboard but I so appreciate you all.

I am officially booked and waiting for the call from DFTW. Trying to make some hard choices on bringing our long time photographer. And having a hard time with considering myself a bride after so many years of marriage.

Hi Everyone! So happy to have found this thread! I'm renewing my vows with my DH in less then two months on the Dream at Castaway Cay! I can't wait. I hope everything goes smoothly. Have to read all the replys to make sure I got all the tips. Thanks!:cool1:

Hi all,

Any brides have the later onboard ceremony at 5:30pm followed by an 8pm dinner on pirates night? (I believe this only happens on a 3day) I'm wondering did you find the ship super crowded for taking photos in other areas? Did you eat at Palos or dining rotation? Did you feel dinner was rushed to make it to fireworks? Sorry this is my main concern since I don't want to do the early ceremony and really want this later slot but just can't wrap my head around how this will work. Do you feel that your guest missed out on pirate night stuff. I think I've asked this all before but haven't gotten an answer yet.

Thanks all

I'm so glad I finally found the new page! I'm horrible at navigating DIS when I'm looking for something :confused3

I've got 55 days until final payments are due :hourglass and 130 days until we set sail on the Dream on September 13th! I still haven't touched my wedding packet or linked my guest rooms together (I've got 50+ guests!) but I'm getting all sorts of favor-related crafts accomplished! (custom favor bags, door magnets, post-it-note holders, handmade mickey soaps, etc!) My dress just arrived recently, but I have to fly from Orlando to Chicago for fittings, and I finally got enough time off to schedule my first fitting later this month! I also bought a Cinderella Castle cake topper from Arribas at DTD! After booking this cruise last september, I feel like I'm finally getting things accomplished!

Check out my PJ, I just added a zillion photos the other day ;)

Happy Planning, everyone!

Our son will be getting married on CC in September, and wanted to have all their guests at Palo that evening. We were on the Fantasy 2 weeks ago, and talked to the Palo manager who told us it would not be a problem and to let the land coordinator know. Our son advised Shanda, and she replied that it was confirmed. All of the guests are adults so this will be a great ending to a wonderful day. They were able to do this because the last night is slow at Palo; therefore if you interested in a Palo dining experience for your guests, ask.

Ok so I have been lurking for a couple of months now. We were engaged on a preview sailing of the Fantasy on March 11th. We are now planning on a cruise wedding. I am thinking the Feb 3 sailing of the Dream. I certainly would appreciate any ideas or help you all ca give.

Our son will be getting married on CC in September, and wanted to have all their guests at Palo that evening. We were on the Fantasy 2 weeks ago, and talked to the Palo manager who told us it would not be a problem and to let the land coordinator know. Our son advised Shanda, and she replied that it was confirmed. All of the guests are adults so this will be a great ending to a wonderful day. They were able to do this because the last night is slow at Palo; therefore if you interested in a Palo dining experience for your guests, ask.

who was the manager at Palo?

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have just got back from our beautiful wedding on Castaway Cay! It was a b wonderful experience and an amazing trip! Can't wait to post pictures once we get back from the honeymoon on the 23rd!

Recent Brides - I know I saw a post on here somewhere, possibly the old thread ...

We booked our cruise and put the deposit down. When I called to have the package added, they told me that we needed the additional 20% of the wedding fee also. Is this a true statement, or should I call back later and talk to someone else? I thought I had read on here that it was not required.

Recent Brides - I know I saw a post on here somewhere, possibly the old thread ...

We booked our cruise and put the deposit down. When I called to have the package added, they told me that we needed the additional 20% of the wedding fee also. Is this a true statement, or should I call back later and talk to someone else? I thought I had read on here that it was not required.

When we originally booked we had to place a deposit on the cabin and on the wedding otherwise they will not reserve the wedding date.

We just got back from our wedding check out my trip report. The link is in my signature .

The DFTW website is very vague about that, and I was just as surprised as you were about that "surprise" deposit you ALSO have to put down on the wedding package.... (the DFTW site makes it seem like ALL you need to reserve your wedding is the deposit on your stateroom! tsk tsk) While on the phone reserving our onboard wedding package, we had to scramble around to figure out where to get an extra $500 we weren't expecting to spend that day! :faint: Ah well, I guess it's just less I have to pay later on!

Our Castaway Cay wedding is next Saturday...yay! We did NOT pay a deposit on the wedding package prior to reserving/confirming the wedding date. This was our payment timeline:

Nov 2010: cruise booking window for 2012 was released; stateroom was booked and deposit paid

Feb 2011: wedding package was added to stateroom and May 2012 wedding date confirmed

Jan 2012: cruise fare balance paid on concierge stateroom

Feb 2012: $3,500 wedding package paid

April 2012: final fees paid for additional wedding guests

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter