Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

Hi, all!

I got an e-mail yesterday with my table arrangements- it looks like I got my Table #82!! I've got the one 10-top, three 6-tops, and five 4-tops. I made a spreadsheet to keep myself organized and once I had a seating plan that suited me, my groom, and my mother, I e-mailed it to Meredith! I still don't know when or WHERE my event will take place because my party is so large... It's making me anxious! I get married in 44 days! I want to knoooow!

Congrats, Jillian!! :goodvibes That's awesome news about Table #82!! I can imagine the seating arrangements is a part of the planning process that takes quite a bit of finessing. Did you find that it took you very long? Hope they get back to you soon with your ceremony location! I can imagine how anxious you are to know!! I would be too!

Hello All,

Just wanted to post back with some details about my Castaway Cay wedding on the 14-21 July Eastern Carribbean sailing of the Fantasy :bride: The cruise was great and the wedding was awesome!

Our travel from CA to FL was a nightmare at best - long story short; United oversold the flight by 15 seats and since we are a party of 7 (between the two of us, DH and I have 5 girls) we were not allowed on the flight :sad: We were scheduled to fly in a day early, so that was our saving grace. We were compensated nicely by the airline (to the tune of $867 per person) but it was still a pain in the rear. When we finally arrived in Orlando we stayed (as orginally planned) at the Hyatt MCO (inside the airport) and I highly recommend it. Had two junior suites that were roomy, clean, and updated.

I made mickey ear door magnets and small gift bags for the guests. Bags contained sunscreen wipes, a bottle of water with a custom label, and personalized wooden fans.

Ana was the onboard coordinator and she was so sweet! I'm pretty low maintenance (partially because this was a second time around for both of us) but I don't have any complaints. We had perfect weather for our ceremony on Castaway Cay (well it was hot and humid, but perfectly blue skies) :beach:

The cake/champagne reception in Outlook was really nice. For those of you that will be having your ceremony there, it is a gorgeous location. I had the Touch of Romance cake with marble cake and vanilla buttercream. It was very pretty, and even better - it was yummy :thumbsup2

We used Disney photography and were assigned Robin. I thought he was awesome and our pictures came out great (can't post attachments, but if I get the time, I'll try to upload a few to an internet album and post a link). I didn't have alot of expectations in this area though, as pictures weren't that important to us (we got the least expensive package).

Link to photos - hope it works http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/t...otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

We had brunch, tea, and dinner in Palo. I loved them all; definitely book them if you get the chance (I hear they are doing away with the tea though).

Did the hot stone massage in the spa on the first day of the cruise and it was a great way to get into relaxation mode :goodvibes

This was our second Disney cruise, and we booked another onboard (Med next summer on the Magic). If you have any specific questions, I'll try to answer them for you, but we were a small party (16 total) and I didn't have a lot of extra needs/requests, so I might not be able to help that much.

Happy planning to all the future cruise brides. I know you will have an awesome experience just like I did! pixiedust:

Emily, your photos are fantastic! You were a beautiful bride, and your girls looked adorable in their dresses!! :goodvibes So glad to hear you had a wonderful experience. Thanks so much for sharing your special day with us!

I'm trying to come up with subtle Disney ideas for our engagement photos, other than a red polka dot dress does anyone else have some cute ideas?

I'm trying to come up with subtle Disney ideas for our engagement photos, other than a red polka dot dress does anyone else have some cute ideas?

What kind of elements are you thinking of. You could try a hidden mickey but if you want guests to make the disney association I'd be less subtle maybe you can wear disney shirts or have a mickey plushy or some other prop in your photos.

Evi said:
What kind of elements are you thinking of. You could try a hidden mickey but if you want guests to make the disney association I'd be less subtle maybe you can wear disney shirts or have a mickey plushy or some other prop in your photos.

I was thinking Mickey ears but df doesn't want to wear them.

I was thinking Mickey ears but df doesn't want to wear them.

Sounds like you have an unwilling party perhaps your going to have to find a hidden mickey he won't notice also lol. You could wear an ears headband or have ears added to your shadows or something like that.

Evi said:
Sounds like you have an unwilling party perhaps your going to have to find a hidden mickey he won't notice also lol. You could wear an ears headband or have ears added to your shadows or something like that.

Great idea, I'll start working on hidden mickey's.

Ok so I'm a bit upset. I've been working on my wedding packet to send back in to meredith and it asks for our stateroom number, so after digging and calling our travel agent I find out our room is GTY and it's a obstructed view! Not very happy right now. Anyone else have had a GTY room before?

Ok so I'm a bit upset. I've been working on my wedding packet to send back in to meredith and it asks for our stateroom number, so after digging and calling our travel agent I find out our room is GTY and it's a obstructed view! Not very happy right now. Anyone else have had a GTY room before?

I'd contact your travel agent. Unless you requested a gty or least expensive room available I would complain. I selected one gty room for one of our guests but it is last room grade before a veranda room so I know at the very least they are getting that room or a verandah.

I didn't want to chance not getting a room I would be happy with so I called and made our reservations $25 room credit not worth my frustration.

I'm starting to feel like the disney stepchild bride lol. With the increases to the cost of the cruise wedding and once you add elements to your wedding, you pay the increase for guests over the 8 they provide, you add upgrades to cake, add diner for you and your guests cover onboard event for guests, cover alcohol at dinner, add a photo package, pay to transport guests to port and anything else you can think of. I see many brides doing dessert parties or fireworks cruises, mini golf, dinner plus park tickets etc etc and on and on. Cruise brides spend as much as Escape brides once you total it all up and we guarantee Disney Cruise guests.

So why is it Disney treats us like step children. They offer no discount on group room block for day before the cruise, no park pass discount no annual pass for the newlyweds. It also seems to me like some cruise brides get little extras and gifts while other don't. Doesn't that seem strange? I mean honestly I could care less about a cake topper. But it would be nice to see some incentives for cruise brides. A little pixie dust or frosting on the cake would be nice. I feel like whenever I call the response I get is like someone is doing a favor for me vs me paying for it.

I tried to inquire about a desert party or renting the grand one today and all I got was a ton of bs and minimums that I know don't exist. Then I'm told call your wedding planner whom had already told me she does not coordinate these things.

Ok sorry ladies needed to vent a little.

Hi Evi,

Well said. I think it's a very valid "vent." I agree that cruise brides end up spending much more money on our weddings than we are given credit for.
I think the biggest shortcoming is in the planner area... I don't think one planner is sufficient for all the brides booking DCL weddings/VR. Customer service is such a huge emphasis for Disney that I've been surprised that they do not make a better effort in this area. I understand we may be more limited in customization options because our weddings take place so far from DCL, but I wish the planning process was a bit more hands-on/enthusiastic.

I'm sorry DFTW has not been helpful with giving you information about ancillary events. When I decided to plan a DP, I emailed Shanda, who in turn, passed my inquiry along to a different consultant, Michelle Gilhooly (Michelle.R.Gilhooly@disney.com). Michelle was absolutely fantastic, and in terms of planning this event, I was treated as an 'escape bride.' Perhaps try emailing our new planner, Meredith, again and ask her to put you in touch with someone in DFTW that will help with planning a DP? Or you could email Michelle and see if she can provide you with some information? What type of DP are you interested in? If you're interested in planning a Wishes DP, I may be able to help with some of your questions also.

Have a good weekend! :goodvibes

Hi Evi,

Well said. I think it's a very valid "vent." I agree that cruise brides end up spending much more money on our weddings than we are given credit for.
I think the biggest shortcoming is in the planner area... I don't think one planner is sufficient for all the brides booking DCL weddings/VR. Customer service is such a huge emphasis for Disney that I've been surprised that they do not make a better effort in this area. I understand we may be more limited in customization options because our weddings take place so far from DCL, but I wish the planning process was a bit more hands-on/enthusiastic.

I'm sorry DFTW has not been helpful with giving you information about ancillary events. When I decided to plan a DP, I emailed Shanda, who in turn, passed my inquiry along to a different consultant, Michelle Gilhooly (Michelle.R.Gilhooly@disney.com). Michelle was absolutely fantastic, and in terms of planning this event, I was treated as an 'escape bride.' Perhaps try emailing our new planner, Meredith, again and ask her to put you in touch with someone in DFTW that will help with planning a DP? Or you could email Michelle and see if she can provide you with some information? What type of DP are you interested in? If you're interested in planning a Wishes DP, I may be able to help with some of your questions also.

Have a good weekend! :goodvibes

Thank you Ginger =)

I tried to inquire about a desert party or renting the grand one today and all I got was a ton of bs and minimums that I know don't exist. Then I'm told call your wedding planner whom had already told me she does not coordinate these things.

If your planner won't help you do a dessert party, just go through Disney's Catered Events. I have all the info HERE: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/

In order to set up a room block with Disney, you need to guarantee 10 or more room nights. Call Group sales at 407-828-3200

Wow, I get wrapped up in work this week and look at all that's happened on here! :rotfl:

Emily, your wedding photos look lovely! I especially love the one where you're laying in his lap with the port hole behind you! Where was that photo taken? I don't remember seeing a place like that!

Evi, I'm so sorry you're having so many issues getting the proper information regarding your prospective DP! I'm not having one, and I'm completely jealous of everybody who is! I'm hoping one day I can find the extra funding and excuse to have a Fantasmic DP! Every time I see one, I'm completely jealous! Hopefully you can contact the right planner soon and get the process underway!

To anyone who hasn't seen my last PJ post, I've gotten my seating chart submitted to the cruise line. Apparently once you submit your seating preferences, they CANNOT be altered. This is unfortunate because I might have ONE late joiner depending on whether or not the Army will grant his leave! DCL also sent back confirmation of my event. It's going to be held in the D-Lounge (Yuck!) from 4-5 PM on 9/14 while docked in Nassau. Most of the information in that packet was just a regurgitated version of my planning journal, but it's still nice to see your options confirmed. Honestly, the report did seem a little impersonal the way it was all displayed matter-of-fact. I hope I have a good onboard coordinator who is going to help make it special! But now I've got until friday to cough up the $800 for my guests & for the crystal mickey pins for my bouquet. Just a heads up to fellow brides- the price for the crystal mickeys has gone from $6 to $9 each! I ordered 5, so that's an ADDITIONAL $15 I'm spending on them than I was expecting! Also, my parents/grandparents seating song for scrapped. I'll be honest, 12 songs seemed like a lot for an hour-long event, but it would've been nice to know in advance that they weren't going to include it in my wedding! I'm glad that song I picked wasn't one I was too attached to! I really wish they'd put in the effort of wheeling in a grand piano, but since I'm in D-Lounge, I'm stuck with a keyboard. They just don't sound the same :sad2:

Well, I gotta be up at 6:30 to open my park tomorrow. Got to catch some much deserved ZZZ's! At least tomorrow is my "friday" and I'm off on tuesday and wednesday! Hopefully I can get a lot accomplished on those days! My brain feels fried with all of this wedding planning and associated stress! Wish me luck and sanity! ;)

Afternoon all .... well, I've finally caught up with the new thread, thankfully only at 18 pages right now)!

My plan is to get married on CC in October of 2015 .. some way to go yet, but plans are already starting to be put in place thanks to you all.

We are very lucky as one of our best friends is studying photography and is very good ... she's never done a wedding before, but I'd rather trust her than anyone else. We have offered a 'fee' towards her family's cabin, but although she says no now, we'll sort something out I'm sure! A whole ton of on board credit for cocktails maybe!! :thumbsup2

My one question is related to the 'where' on CC .. I know where they normally hold the weddings, we looked at it in February on a pre-visit cruise (any excuse)!!. But, my problem is that I can't stand sand .. it brings me out in all kinds of bumps and lumps so it's a definite no no for me!
But .... that lovely wooden pontoon by the Heads Up bar looked perfect!! What do you think the chances are of holding our wedding there?

I know most CC weddings are in the morning and, when we were there in Feb, that bar didn't have any visitors in the hour we were taking photos (we were there from 10 - 11am). It's a lovely place with enough space for alot of people to stand or use the bar stools .. I'm not fussed about pretty chairs etc!

Anyway, good luck to all future brides and for those who have just gotten married .. more photos please!!!

Joa :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter