Disney Contractor -- Perks?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Marshay, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Marshay

Marshay I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bi

Does anyone know if you get any CM discounts (tickets, resort, merchandise, etc) as an Independent Contractor for a Disney company?

I just saw a part-time position I could be interested in but the salary is very low. However, with a discount on things we purchase anyway, it would make the package more attractive.

Thanks!

(Mods -- Sorry if this is not the right place to post. I wasn't sure...)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. diznygirl

diznygirl <font color=701e72>I have a symmetry thing<br><fon

When I worked for Disney I was a considered an independent contractor. I had a green ID that gave me no privileges at all. No discount, no access to Disney castmember events, nothing.

But that was where I worked. It's possible that different areas could have a different agreement with Disney that gives them perks. You'd have to ask them specifically.

4. Handbag Lady

Handbag Lady Disneyland Bride 2000

In all of the dealings I've had with contractors at Disney, no, no one gets any perks.

5. Marshay

thanks guys! Obviously I will ask if they even call me back but I figured I'd get a quicker answer asking on DIS!

6. akcire

akcire <font color=royalblue>Mouse expert, computer chall

When I did work for Disney I got nada. In fact on one visit the person who was supposed to meet me for a site inspection in the parks forgot twice. After that I got an AP and billed it back. The only "perks" I got were the grumpy old men I worked with would often give me the freebies they got.

Also Disney was always slow to pay billing invoices. Wasn't a big deal for me, but if you are living in the money it could be a problem. My invoices said po net 30- they were typically paid 90-120 days. I never made a fuss since Disney was a minor client and it wasn't a major source of income.

7. tvguy

tvguy Question anything the facts don't support.

Even Disney stockholders don't get perks anymore. I guess that could get to be a huge problem for Disney since Disney is a company a lot of people buy one share of for their kids. We used to get discounts and special packages, but that ended about 20 years ago.

8. Marshay

thanks guys for the quick response!