Disney College Program

Discussion in 'The College Board' started by grumpy101, Feb 24, 2005.

1. grumpy101

grumpy101 Loving my Life

I was wondering if any one is doing the Disney college program because I am looking to work at Disney.

:goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SoonerKate

SoonerKate <font color=FF66FF>I'm so good, I was tagged!<br><

Hey! There are a TON of alumni on this board, and a few people who have applied for the Fall 2005 program. If you do a search or even look at some of the more recent active topics in this forum, you'll find a bunch of great information. And of course, if you have any questions, you'll definitely get great answers.

4. TSR6

TSR6 CT

I am an alumni of the College Program, and am also a Campus Represenative for the Milwaukee Area schools. :)

5. Angelgirl13202

Angelgirl13202 <font color=CC00FF>Planner extradinar<br><font col

Iv done the Program 1 and a Half times (had to self term the last time) personal reasons.

6. jimmybop

jimmybop DIS Veteran

*waves* Anther alumni and campus rep here too :-)

7. strmtroopr96

strmtroopr96 DIS Veteran

Hi from another CP alumni! :wave2: It was one of the best expereiences of my life. This time 8 years ago, I was down there doing my stuff at the World of Disney. Now I'm freezing my butt of in Upstate New York. LOL :confused3

8. TSR6

TSR6 CT

This time, last year, I found a poster on my dorm room door about the program, and had just started doing my research.

This year, I am the person putting the posters on the dorm room doors. :p

9. SoonerKate

Isn't it great? I don't think they could possibly make those boxes of doorhangers any heavier.

(The great things about being a campus rep get even better once you're DONE with your LAST PRESENTATION EVER and you never have to deal with that awful pink styrofoam ever again...)

10. Rustyflwr3

Rustyflwr3 <font color=teal>"I only hope that we never lose s

Hey, what if you are not able to make the presentation that you put on your application? Can you change it? How would you go about doing that?

Thanks!

11. teh fish

teh fish DIS Veteran

I'm doing it right now.

12. TSR6

TSR6 CT

:rotfl:
    I wish they were heavier...

We went through our doorhangers, and had them ship us more. We ended up going through all of those, plus the ones we had for another school ( we do presentations at 3 schools in the Milwaukee area ). We had to pop labels over the other school's name, but in the end, we had JUST enough. :rotfl:

13. SoonerKate

Yeah, we went through 1500 this semester, all shipped in one box. That I could barely lift. (There was even a UPS tag on it noting that their people shouldn't try to lift it.) And I live in a 3rd floor apartment. The UPS man loves me now, I'm sure.

14. mickeyinjune

mickeyinjune Mouseketeer

How Can I get one of those posters for my daughter, she is just starting to look at colleges and programs. princess:

15. TSR6

TSR6 CT

The posters are really only for putting around campus, all it really says is "Magic. Money. Experience." then it has the Presentation location and time on it. It's an informational poster, directing them to the website ( disneycollegeprogram.com ) and to make everyone aware of when the Presentation is.

16. TSR6

TSR6 CT

Yeah, Our lead got that box, and distributed posters to the rest of us. :p

I only got the little box sending us more door hangers.

17. SoonerKate

Lucky you! Our posters and rack cards were in different boxes. Those weren't fun to lift, either, but doable. :)

18. scillacc

scillacc Finzup!

Hi,
    My son is going to be there, from Savannah College of Art and Design, GO SCAD, anyhow, I wouldlove to visit him down there, can he get me any discounts on rooms?

What are some perks or benefits you kids get for working there?

Thanks!

19. TSR6

TSR6 CT

Definately!

Your son would have to call the Cast Reservation line to make the reservation for you. I don't have the number off hand, but from his apartment phone, he can dial zero to be connected to the Disney operator. They can connect him to the Cast Reservation line.

He will also need to show up at the resort to confirm the reservations with his Disney Cast ID ( which he will receive when he goes through "Traditions" class ) within 10 days of the reservation arrival date.

Perks / Benefits:
    Visiting the parks for free
    discounts on merchandise, rooms, tickets, ect.
    2 complimentary tickets for friends/family ( 1day park hoppers )
    Meeting people from all around the world
    Improving guest/customer service skills
    Improving communication skills

I'm sure I could go on... :P Be sure to visit wdwcollegeprogram.com and read under FAQ's. :)

20. txSleepingBeauty

txSleepingBeauty <font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color

:wave: I worked at Splash Mountain in Merchandising last spring. had a blast!!

21. ajaznun

ajaznun Earning My Ears

Hey guys i am new to the boards and i going to apply to the college program, does any one have any information adn tips they can give to what i can expect. i would really appreciate it.