Disney college program internet

Discussion in 'The College Board' started by joey1521, Mar 28, 2013.

1. joey1521

joey1521 Earning My Ears

Hi, I was just accepted into the WDW CP for fall advantage and was wondering about how restrictive the internet in the housing is? I don't really like the idea of my net being monitored/blocked, is it as restrictive as disney makes it seem?

Also if anyone knows if I can get an outside cable company to put internet in that would be awesome as well.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. eadavis

eadavis Mickey is my Homeboy

Treat the internet there as if you were on a computer at you grandmother's house. If its something you wouldn't look at there, just don't do it. I never heard of anyone being terminated for internet violations, but you never know who is watching. It's 2013, anything you do online is being monitored

That's not going to happen, the internet is slow, intentionally. When I lived there in 2010, you could go to the housing office and for a fee like $75 for 3 months (about $12.50 each for an apartment of 6), they would increase your bandwidth which is ideal if you play games online or have a Netflix/Hulu Account.

4. tikistitch

tikistitch Mouseketeer

Don't look at anything illegal, don't download anything illegally, and don't cyberbully anyone and I think you'll be okay.

5. leeg229

leeg229 Mouseketeer

To be honest, if you have a 4g capable phone and can use your phone to create a wifi hotspot that would be faster than using the housing internet.

6. Time Traveler

Time Traveler the best around

Unfortunately, bandwith caps severely limit that.

Does anyone have a clue of how fast the internet is if you opt to pay for the upgrade?

7. eadavis

eadavis Mickey is my Homeboy

Sadly no, but when my roommates and I upgraded, I could watch Netflix in one room, my roommate was playing XBOX in the other, we never noticed slow speed.