Disney Club Codes vs. General codes

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by bkcwilliams, Jul 23, 2002.

1. bkcwilliams

bkcwilliams Wish I was at WDW Right Now!

I currently have room-only reservations at ASMo for the week before Thanksgiving through Disney Club ($69/night). I called last night to see if I can switch to either of the other 2 All Star resorts with the new codes and was told that there were none available.

My question is: did they set aside only so money for Disney Club and so many for the general public? Should I try to reserve with the general public code and then cancel my DC reservations? I know it is only a savings of about $14/night, but that is money that I can spend elsewhere...

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. K P & J's Grandma

K P & J's Grandma Now there are 4 grandchildren - K, P, J & A!!!

I called the Disney Club yesterday to try to get the 'code' for reservations that we already had. In December we are staying at the All Star Music & were able to get the DC code discount. The CM just had to change the price on our reservations - no problems. For our October trip we are staying at the Caribbean - I could not get the DC code discount but could get the general public one. She had to make a new reservation & I have to make a deposit by Aug 5th & then she had to cancel the other reservation & will credit our charge card!! I will be checking on the Annual Pass discount rate when they come out to see if it will be any better!!! ºoº

4. grover

grover <font color=violet>DIS VETERAN<br><font color=CC99

I had made a regular code ressie yesterday for All star sports for Nov 7-18,today I decided to check what rate I could get with DC, they were able to give me the same resort-same time time frame for .60 cents more than my ressie yesterday plus I will get mini golf tickets included! I am only paying 61.70 per night taxes included! I am glad I have disney club, they are getting me a discount on room,mini golf tickets,discount on park hoppers and discount on shopping and I can use there codes for my car rental with national-seems worth it to me!
    Grover in Winnipeg
    :D

5. pugdog

pugdog DIS Veteran

We had a DC ressie at AsMo and called yesterday and the changed us to the new DC code at ASsp without a problem. we are going to be paying about $52 a night with tax under the new code versis the public code and the old DC price.