Disney Christmas Village

jsrowdon

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone, my first post on these boards.

I am starting a Disney Christmas Village collection and had a couple of questions for the collectors here.

I have been looking around for whats available and so far I have found a few different sets out there, The Dept 56 Mickeys Merry Christmas Village, Dept 56 North Pole Village has some Disney pieces, a Frozen village also by Dept 56, and a Disney Parks Village from the 90s that I am not sure who the manufacturer is.

To the questions. Are there any other villages that I do not know about that I should check out?

Any tips on places to pick up some of these pieces for reasonable prices? I have been checking ebay and craigslist and did get a few from craigslist already but if someone know of another site that sells these that I should check out that would be great.

Does anyone know of any pieces that are notoriously hard to find?

Thanks in advance

I am starting a Disney Christmas Village collection and had a couple of questions for the collectors here.

I have been looking around for whats available and so far I have found a few different sets out there, The Dept 56 Mickeys Merry Christmas Village, Dept 56 North Pole Village has some Disney pieces, a Frozen village also by Dept 56, and a Disney Parks Village from the 90s that I am not sure who the manufacturer is.

To the questions. Are there any other villages that I do not know about that I should check out?

Any tips on places to pick up some of these pieces for reasonable prices? I have been checking ebay and craigslist and did get a few from craigslist already but if someone know of another site that sells these that I should check out that would be great.

Thanks in advance
We are in the same place as you! Just started our research on Villages. We haven't found anything more than you've found. How are you doing on your collection? We are looking on ebay, Pinterest, thefind.com, disboards.com and amazon. How about you?

My search is going petty good. I picked up 7 pieces, 2 houses and 5 figures, off Craigslist for $100. I also grabbed a couple houses from sears.com. that they have a pretty good price on.

From sears they actually had a deal where I bought 2 things and signed up for their trial of their shop your way program and that gave me $20 in points that I used to buy another one. Free shipping on both orders.

There was a series called Disney Village Christmas Collection sold in the parks around 2005-2006 ish. Best set imo. There was set for WDW & another for DL. Each set included a castle, train station, fire house, cinema, emporium, Caseys corner (WDW only), Carnation Corner (DL only), and City Hall (not sure if DL got this one). There was also a Haunted Mansion from this series, but it wasn't decorated for Christmas and really doesn't fit with the Main St setting if you ask me lol. Also, there were accessories, such as a train, benches, lamp posts, etc. This entire series is VERY hard to find, and once you see pix compared to the adept 56 pieces, you will see why.

2004 from the Disney Catalog also had 4 Christmas character cottages, pinocchios workshop, white rabbit cottage, Briar Rose cottage, and 7 dwarf cottage.

There is a thread on here more about the above mentioned pieces with some pix.

I am currently hunting the DL cinema, carnation corner, train station, and city hall (if exists), and selling my WDW train station and DL fire house.

Thanks in advance

The village from the 90s was also Dept 56 I think it was only around for two years with about 5 house and some accessories.

City Hall exists, I had the WDW one. Sold it years ago for an insane price on Ebay. (I had the whole set, but City Hall sold for the most $)

I wish they would re-release this set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter