Disney chiropractor?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by AllieV, Jun 18, 2011.

1. AllieV

AllieV DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if there is an on-site chiropractor on Disney properties? I will inevitably pinch a nerve in my neck on some ride and be miserable for the rest of the trip (even if I avoid the rough ones). We won't have a car, so I was wondering if there is something onsite where I could see a chiropractor for an adjustment.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. greengeen

greengeen Mouseketeer

Virtually every ride has a sign that says DON'T ride if you have neck or back problems (or heart condition, etc.). So really, why would you.

4. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Sorry, no doctor of any type on site. You can take a taxi to one nearby.

5. mousefan1972

mousefan1972 DIS Veteran

And if you are prone to that type of injury, constant "adjustments" are not going to cure you. ;)

(says the physical therapist with 16 years of experience)

6. AllieV

AllieV DIS Veteran

I don't have any injuries or anything in particular wrong with my back, etc. It just seems that in the last few years, I pinch a nerve in my neck at unpredictable times and it is painful to turn my head until I see the chiro and he does an adjustment and unpinches it (and sometimes it works itself out overnight). The culprit is often the pillows at a hotel. With a 3 yr old, we won't be doing any of the jerky rides anyway. But it would be nice to know there's one around.

Thanks for the info, everyone. Maybe I'll look up a local one just in case.

7. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Good Sailing Master. Average Banjo Picker.

1) Lots of Chiro's and/or Massage Therapists will come to the hotel.
    2) They will bring their own table or neck-chair.
    3) Not excessive costs, like for doctor house calls.
    4) If necessary, there are three Chiro's in Celebration.
    5) That is a quick taxi ride away.

NOTE:
    I even know of a Disney employee who does Message Therapy.
    He comes to houses or hotels with his apparati.

8. brekin67

brekin67 DIS Veteran

If the culprit is sometimes the pillows, why don't you bring your own? You could also have Wal Mart or another place ship new pillows to your hotel if needed.

Can your Dr. prescribe anti-inflammatory medication (Lyrica) or somthing OTC for you?

If it happens while you are at a park, you can go to the first aid station, staffed by RN's or there are also EMT's in the park. Maybe they can give you a shot that will help??

9. WendyWuWu

WendyWuWu Mouseketeer

OP, I've been a nurse for 20+ years. All of those years pulling and tugging and walking on concrete has caused me to have problems occassionally from a bulging disc in my back. A couple of years ago, DH and I came to DisneyWorld to celebrate my graduation from anesthesia school. I literally graduated from grad school one day, and caught a plane for Orlando the next. The morning of my graduation, I bent over to pick up the dog's food bowl and threw my back out. I thought it would work itself out, but packed some muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatories to take just in case. Unfortunately, that time, nothing seemed to help. I finally broke down and went to a chiropractor (something I'd never done before) and he gave me the only relief I had had in nearly 4 weeks (yes, I waited a month before giving in and going to a chiro). The week at Disney was a waste as I spent most of it in bed, sluggish on muscle relaxers and Motrin. My chiropractor told me, in spite of the fact that I'd never been to him before, I should have called him while in Orlando. He would have been happy to refer me to a chiro there. I bet your chiropractor could do the same for you if you should run into trouble.

10. viluvsdisney

viluvsdisney DIS Veteran

I do PT once a week to strengthen (I have Fibromyalgia) and I use a chiro once a month. But it seems when I travel it's just enough stress on the body to throw something out of whack. One trip a few years ago - I avoided all "tough" rides, slept great, ate well, drank all my water, did all my stretches, brought my own pilllow - on and on.....I went to close the door of the minivan (just the front door) and pinched my neck something awful :mad: I have often said I should find a chiro in FL that I can see if those mechanical issues pop up. Hope you fair well this nect trip....pinched nerves are a stinker :sad2:

11. Saddleback10

Saddleback10 Earning My Ears

When I was at Disney, I called Orlando Chiropractic and Physical Rehab. I drove to their office, which is on the south side of Orlando, but they said he will travel to hotels if needed. Very convenient and friendly. I threw my back out carrying the luggage and thought my vacation was ruined, but after I got adjusted I was good-to-go for the week.

12. AllieV

AllieV DIS Veteran

Thanks, saddleback. On the last trip, I was very careful (and probably a bit luckY) but my plan was to take a cab over to Celebration. I had a list of chiros I brought with me. I'm headed back in May for 10 days and am a bit nervous about going that long. I'll look up this guy of yours in case I need a hotel visit. You'd think with as many people as stay on-site, there'd be some kind of central medi-clinic that takes out of state health insurance.

13. scottmel

scottmel <font color=darkorchid>Does my logic in my origina

I researched this same thing for my last summer trip. I emailed my concierge at YC and was told a staff member at YC sees Dr. Felt in Clairmont and really liked him. Then a friend who works at the BC told me she heard good things about a Dr. Felt in Clairmont. So I took this as a sign. Thankfully I didn't need to see him during my trip but I sure kept his info handy in case!!!!