disney character autographs

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Vickie46, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Vickie46

Vickie46 DIS Veteran

I would love to bring a pillow case and have it autographed.. has anyone else ever done this?? We have done a 11x14 matte frame.... but I think she would like the pillow case?? I know I will need fabric markers.. and probably like some card board to put under it when they sign?? I would love some advice if someone else has done this.. thanks.

2. snomofinn

snomofinn Queen of MY castle

:cool1: I've never done a pillow case but I've done a tee shirt. You need a special kind of marker for clothing. Over the washings, the autographs will fade a bit. It's been about 4 years since we did that and my daughter still uses the tee shirt to sleep in, but you can't read any of the names anymore.:sad1:

3. mommapoppins

mommapoppins Disney Lovin' Daycare Provider

I know alot of people do this on the cruises. I think it might be more difficult in the parks - but definitely doable. You can get fabric markers at Walmart, and just put a piece of cardboard or a clipboard inside. Just make sure to have it ready before you get to the characters. Have fun!

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. Vickie46

Vickie46 DIS Veteran

well.. I would only use it at the character meals... I wouldn't carry it anywhere else.. what do you think?

6. Ratpack

Ratpack WL VET DVC Gold

We did the Tshirt with sharpie markers. To keep the area tight enough for them to write on, we placed a cross stitching hoop on it- so we didn't need the cardboard underneath. After many, many washings, we can read the names a little bit- but they use them to sleep in now.

7. Vickie46

Vickie46 DIS Veteran

that is a neat idea too!