Disney Channel Games Will Be GREAT in '08!

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
THE GAMES ARE RETURNING!They will once again be held at Walt Disney World.The dates are April 28-May 3,2008.:) For those of you who went last year you know how much fun it was,so I wanted to post this information for people who have been before and those who have never been to the DCG.If you like the Disney Channel and its Stars(or someone in your family does:) ) this is THE event for you.:)

How are the crowds at that time? And how hard is it to get tickets to the events? My kids would love to go.

crap crap crap.. I won't be there than. Eek. Id love to see that. :[ Im disney channel freak.

Aww, this stinks. I won't be there. If they continue it in 2009 though, I will be.

How are the crowds at that time? And how hard is it to get tickets to the events? My kids would love to go.
My experience has been great at that time of year.The crowds have been manageable and the weather has been GREAT.Also,the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival happens during this time.I was able to attend a taping through an Annual Passholder promotion and was able to get in a little earlier than peole who just "showed up" if I remember correctly.It was not hard to get in for a taping,probably because the schools in Florida were still in session.Tickets were required for the taping of the concert on Friday.They were free and went quickly I understand-I would think a lot of local residents got them.I was able to get concert tickets through the AP promotion.It was really a lot of fun and the DG Stars were really nice(well MOST of them were:) ):)

Where do we get information on this?

Where are they taped in WDW? Ticket cost?

Would love to know more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went last year and was also able to get tickets through the AP website. I am so EXCITED that the dates have been released and that it will be back at WWS! If anyone hears when we can sign up to get tickets and who will be there this year please post it here!!!! Thanks so much for the info! Becky

THE GAMES ARE RETURNING!They will once again be held at Walt Disney World.The dates are April 28-May 3,2008.:) For those of you who went last year you know how much fun it was,so I wanted to post this information for people who have been before and those who have never been to the DCG.If you like the Disney Channel and its Stars(or someone in your family does:) ) this is THE event for you.:)
Where did you find the info at?

usewickhouse - You said you went last year and found info on the AP website. Are tickets only available to AP ticket holders? Or offered to them first and then to GP? Do you remember how much your tickets were?
Just trying to plan to see if this would be doable for us.
Thanks for any info you can share!

usewickhouse - You said you went last year and found info on the AP website. Are tickets only available to AP ticket holders? Or offered to them first and then to GP? Do you remember how much your tickets were?
Just trying to plan to see if this would be doable for us.
Thanks for any info you can share!
The tickets were free but they only gave out a certain amount, which I do not know the #, for the passholders to be "extra's" during the filming. Once you completed your shift they then gave you the tickets for that Friday's concert. To clarify...you, the AP, had to sign up to "work" meaning be there in the audience as an "extra" for a specified amount of time. They had 2 shifts last year morning and afternoon. They were both around 4-6 hours then once you were done you went back out to the check in area and they would give you the concert tickets. For every ticket you get you have to have the same amount of people working a shift. So for me and my 2 DD's we all 3 had to be there during the taping during one of the days before the concert working a shift. I'm not sure that I am explaining this very good but if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

As far as them offering them to the general public I don't think they did that? I know there were people there that were actually "paid" extra's. They was a big group of teenagers that were there from a casting call type thing. There were also older people there that got tickets to WDW for being extra's. I sat next to this lady last year that told me she frequently comes over to the Disney area to just be an "extra" for them and they compensate her with park tickets. This same lady is the one that told me about the teenagers that were there. They had all teens in a specific area all together. They were the kids that were lined up all around the actual games that were going on. They also got special seating to the concerts, they were the ones on the ground right up front. Our tickets to the concert were seats in the stadium. They were lower level and good seats but we had to use binnaculars to see the stars. Still it was a blast for all of us! During the week our girls got to meet many of the starts and get autographs as they walked around WWS. We will definitely be back this year. I am now trying to figure out how to pull my DD's out from school again. My youngest is in preschool this year and the week of the games is her last week of school. Her last day is actually 4-30 so she may have to miss that Monday or Tuesday and it will be worth it!!!!!!Becky

Thanks so much for the info!!!

I am not currently an AP holder but had been considering it. This added benefit may help me make my decision! This would be an awesome surprise for my 12-year-old DD. She had hip surgery last year and has 2 more surgeries to undergo to correct a condition she was born with. This would just be a great thing for her to experience in between surgery/recovery times!

So basically, admission to the taping is 'free' you just have to 'work' while you are there? AND you get to meet some of the Disney Channel Kids?

Yes, the admission is free for this. You only have to work one shift, at least that is how they worked it last year. The other thing I should point out that you will need to check the AP website daily to sign up for this. I know for the Christmas parade taping the AP tickets to be "extra's" went in a matter of a couple of hours so check daily, maybe even more than once a day. And also keep checking the DIS boards for any new info that may come out. This board has some amazing people on here and they keep us in the know before things even happen! BEcky

I've never heard of this, but apparently it's going while we'll be at Disney. I'm not interested in attending, but I am curious where these shows are filmed. Anyone know?

Thanks!

Lori

I've never heard of this, but apparently it's going while we'll be at Disney. I'm not interested in attending, but I am curious where these shows are filmed. Anyone know?

Thanks!

Lori
Wide World of Sports.

usewickhouse-Thanks for the info!

Another question - you said you only have to 'work' 1 shift. Is that to get the concert ticket? What if you want to watch taping everyday? Are you allowed or do you only get to attend for 1 day of taping?

Thanks again for your help!

Yes that is to get the concert ticket. I'm pretty sure you can come and go as you please during that week to watch the games. You only need to sign up if you are wanting to be an "extra" and to get the concert ticket. If anyone out there can confirm this or give better details please do.

I would like to know if anyone knows if passholders can get more than the one ticket per pass? I have a friend and her 2 DD's that would like to do this with us this year but they are not passholders and I have no idea how she can do that without being a passholder. Is there other ways to get tickets for the concert and to audience members? Thanks, Becky

usewickhouse-Thanks for the info!

Another question - you said you only have to 'work' 1 shift. Is that to get the concert ticket? What if you want to watch taping everyday? Are you allowed or do you only get to attend for 1 day of taping?

Thanks again for your help!
BTW...You are Welcome!!!! I wish I knew more because I have some questions too! Becky

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts