Disney Changed Their Value Season?

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by DANAW, Aug 2, 2009.

1. DANAW

DANAW Mouseketeer

Normally, January 1 ends holiday rates, and begins Value Season. I called to book our AAA rate at the Wilderness Lodge for Jan 1 through Jan 9th. I was told the first 2 nights would be $405 and the remaining nights would be $202. I asked the reservationist if the huge difference was due to the fact that Jan 1 and 2 are a Friday and Saturday night, and she said it was partially due to that. But mainly, it was due to Jan 1 and 2 still being considered holiday rates! Looks like we will begin our trip off Disney property!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. fla4fun

fla4fun DIS Veteran

It really varies, depending on when during the week New Year's Day falls. This year, it's a Friday, so I would expect that Friday and Saturday night would still be holiday rates.

4. dach2k3

dach2k3 Earning My Ears

i was hoping to go during this time period, the rates are much higher than last year. Last year the 1st was a Thursday and this year it is a Friday. Looking really quickly the entire structure this year seems to have less Value dates. THere were 7 seasons last year and this year there are 20 season pricing categories. i guess they are trying to squeeze out some extra pricing on lesser holidays, or they just have more possible tiers.