Disney Career

blackcauldron85

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! This is my first post on Disboards, but my husband is a member and he figured maybe someone could help!

1. How do the Professional Internships work? Is it like the College Program where you take a semester off from school to work at WDW, or is it flexible around a school schedule? I'll be a Junior at UCF, so I can't take a semester off from school.

2. Are there deadlines/what are they for Professional Internships? What kinds of roles are available? What kind of commitment do I need to make in regards to days a week and times?

3. Can I get hired for part-time with Disney for the summer with Disney knowing I'll only be working for about 2-2 1/2 months? I'll still want an internship there in the fall or spring. (I'll have school, so I can't do seasonal; I can't be available 24/7.)

4. Is it best for me to work part-time in the summer (from May to August) (while taking, possibly, a class or two at UCF) and then work as an intern in the fall or spring?

5. At casting, is there a space on the application for a Guest Service role, such as at City Hall at Magic Kingdom, or Guest Services at another park? If not, how do I apply for that role/what are the qualifications needed?

6. I used to work at WDW in 2004, and left for medical reasons. Now, as long as I have medicine on me, I'm fine. I want to get my foot back in the door again because I want to work for the Disney Company for my career, long-term. What part-time position and internship allows the most advancement opportunities throughout the company, not just at WDW, for the future?

7. If I work part-time, it may just be for the summer. It is possible (maybe) to work my class schedule around a 2-day-a-week part-time role during the school year. a) If I were working part-time, would I have to quit in order to apply for an internship? b) If I were working part-time, would I have to quit in order to have an internship? c) As a college student in their Junior year, after my internship, would it be best to get another part-time role until I graduate and then get a full-time role once I graudate? (Would it hurt if, after my internship, I didn't apply again for a role unitl after I graduate?

8. How much does it help throughout the company that I worked part-time/ as an intern at WDW?

9. What roles require a college degree at WDW? I will have a degree in Communications.

10. How do you get a position at the Art of Disney (either at Epcot or Downtown Disney)?

Thanks for any advice!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter