1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Disney Can't Honor Free Dining? Really?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by T16, Aug 9, 2013.

1. SEA333

SEA333 DIS Veteran

Target does it all the time. Right at the checkout...no need to even take it to the customer service desk. I found this out by accident - I had two coupons for $5.00 off a purchase of $50.00 or more, and gave her the wrong one. Before I could even give her the correct one, she said not to worry about it, pushed a few buttons, and overrode the error.

OP - I never expected the lady at Target to override anything for me, either :)

It never hurts to ask! :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. T16

T16 Earning My Ears

^^ This is what I'd be inclined to do, and while I'm certain that some policies are unbendable, in my experience, it never hurts to ask in a respectful and understanding way (exactly what I did with the reservations CM I spoke with). And I'm certain they deal with attitudes of entitlement all day long, bless them all, so I get it.

I was overseas and remote much of the summer, so maybe I'll play that angle.;)

Unfortunately, we're locked in for our dates, as I'm taking my DD's out of school, and this was the least disruptive week...

4. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

I don't know. Ask once or twice and drop it. You missed the promotion. I'm sure a thousand people have reasons they think of as legitimate for missing the book by date. In my experience this is one of the things Disney rarely budges on. Asking repeatedly is nagging, and will probably get a note on your reservation.:scared:

5. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

I've never seen it happen and I've seen much more devastating reasons for missing a promo than being abroad.

OP - I'd cut your losses. Clearly you understand deadlines and that you missed it. They're as likely to give you an expired offer as they are to allow someone to use it at an excluded resort 'just this once.'

6. Allison

Allison DIS Veteran

I have never heard of Disney letting someone book a promotion after the date had passed.

7. T16

T16 Earning My Ears

Thanks, all - I appreciate the responses, and while I may call again and try my luck if I find the time before we go, I do understand completely why Disney has their rules. I'm glad I came here for the perspective!

8. CBL

CBL Earning My Ears

Somewhere around page 50-60 of this thread is a post about emailing disney because their resort type didn't qualify for free dining. A few people reported that they got called by the same person from Disney and he applied free dining to their account.
    A bit of a different situation, but probably worth a try. There's an email address provided somewhere in there as well. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3152293

9. dmoore718

dmoore718 If you think being a firefighter is tough, try bei

As a TA, the only luck I've ever had on expired offers is when the client decided to upgrade their resort. So, in these cases, people had booked free dining at say a value and then after the deadline, decided to stay at a moderate. I called and they did honor the free dining promo but only because they were upgrading, I was put on hold for about 20 min so that they could work it out through another dept.