Disney cancelled our ADR-Teppan Edo Support Group

Eat off-site... problem solved!!

Oh wait, you're all on free dining.

Getting ressies shouldn't be a challenge, I can't believe everyone is OK with this situation.

Do you eat off site?? And we are not all on free dining, that was just ugly as I tell my 5 year old. :rolleyes1

I also don't believe that any one is OK with the situation. Show of hands for those who are ok with Disney overbooking and cancelling reservations...any one? Any one?? :cool1:

And I agree that the capacity is for the number of people, not adults and wee little ones on laps.

Getting ressies shouldn't be a challenge, I can't believe everyone is OK with this situation.

Eating off-site is a bit of a problem if you have no rental car!

This is horrible. I just checked all my ADR's and they are all still online thank goodness. But those of you that were responsible and booked 90 days out (some as soon as the clock hit 6am), why are you letting Disney cancel your reservation? I would tell them no, that they can call the last person that booked and cancel theirs. I would not be so accommodating when you were the responsible one. I understand there are computer gliches, but all Disney has to do is cancel the last few booked. They must be timed somehow, emails are sent etc. I wouldn't bow down.

Well, they gave us the 'ol "double/triple booked" excuse in June-only we were at the restaurant for our ADR! They accomodated us, but the fist night we waited almost 2 hours for our ADR at CR. Believeing it was a fluke, I was unpleasantly suprised when the same thing happened to us the next night at Sci-Fi! So, I don't know what is worse...advance notice and getting the chance (limited, tho) of booking a new place or showing up and being told you'll wait 2 hours or more. At that point, what is the alternative? Grr. Anyway, good luck!

This happened to me last year a 70 minute wait! I politely complained and they let me eat for free with NO USE OF CREDITS :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Just makes you wonder why you bother making the ADR in the first place!? Scary thought that an ADR isn't there like you think it is. I always write down the confirmation number and then take it with me to whichever restaurant we're going to, (as I'm sure several other ppl on here do) that way if there is a problem with the ressie at least you have a confirmation number in hand to show them. I know this has probably happened numerous times, but it would seem that Disney could find a better way to handle it than just calling up and telling you an ADR has been canceled.

Even without free dining, eating off site doesn't work for many. I know I don't want to bother with renting a minivan ($$$ but a car isn't big enough for 6 of us), lugging a car seat to FL & back, and taking the time out of our park days to walk to the car, get 3 kids settled in, drive somewhere off site, eat, drive back, find a parking spot, hike back to the park... ADR hassles are minor by comparison.

So I'm out shopping (ironically for some things for our trip in 4 weeks) and I see a number on my cell with a (407) area code. I think to myself, "hey that's the Disney area code", so I answer it. Well, it's a CM from Disney Dining regarding Teppan Edo. She said it was over-booked by 1,000 people!!! :scared1:

She gave me a couple of options...we could keep our ADR (which is Sept. 28th @ 7:50pm), but the expected wait is already backed up by 4 HOURS!!! Or she said they could make us another ADR anywhere but Le Cellier for that night. I asked about switching TE out for another night the week were there and she said its over-booked FOR 30 DAYS!!! :sad2:

Since I was out, and my kids were going crazy in the store (naturally since I was on the phone), I told her I would have to think about what we wanted to do. We wanted TE, that's why I made that ADR 90 days out for that night, but I have two small kids that aren't going to wait 4 hours past our ADR time to eat...that's just not an option. Any ideas on what to do now?

That so stinks!! I think that more people are going to be getting calls like this though-- I am having such a hard time trying to CHANGE so of my ADR's -- but EVERYTHING is booked! it's the week b4 Thanksgiving that we are going- if it is really busy-- that's the last time I go at that time!~~~

Somebody else posted that it happened to them a couple of days ago. That stinks. I'm sorry.

If it makes you feel better, it's only Teppan Edo. You can go some place better now. Honestly it's just like going to your local hibachi. Nothing that special.

I think your best course is to pick somewhere else. Anywhere else.

That's what I was thinking too. My concern is that since they're having to move not only our party but numerous others, maybe we should eat somewhere outside of Epcot...I don't know, it's really thrown me for a loop.

1000 People.... wow....:scared1:

I know!!! Crazy right? Now I'm assuming that meant for the whole 30 days...I hope that's not for the night we had OMG! :scared:

It has happened to me before too. It happened a few years back that they had to temporarily close the restaurant I had my reservations at so they called and left a message on my phone asking to have me call them back. The CM was very friendly and offered us any other restaurant but Le Cellier just like you. I remember they gave us some sort of special illuminations seating or something to make up for it. My little daughter was bummed, but what can you do? I think your best bet is to think of another restaurant that you may have wanted to try and let the CM do their best to get you a good dining time. It's better than not taking them up on their offer and you trying to get an ADR to someplace later on your own.

im kind of waiting for a phone call for the same reason. We have an ADR for teppan edo on Sept. 29 for 7 people. I'm trying to figure out what other options we have since i have been hearing a lot about this. Trying to prepare myself just in case.

im kind of waiting for a phone call for the same reason. We have an ADR for teppan edo on Sept. 29 for 7 people. I'm trying to figure out what other options we have since i have been hearing a lot about this. Trying to prepare myself just in case.

I think it's a good idea for your Teppen fams to get a backup plan together. I'm so sorry this is happening to you guys.:sad1:

It sounds like there will be a lot of cancellations, and a need for a support group thread here on the Dis. I combined the two threads that we had on the first page and am going to adjust the title slightly so those looking for support know to come here.

Sorry to everyone who is getting bumped, that just sucks. :hug:

I am hoping that all of our ADR's are okay. I booked Fultons Crab House on line, then had an issue, so wrote a letter. The manager called me and said he was sorry and when were we coming. So I think to myself, why would he ask that ? apparently if you book with Disney on line, they can not see it on their reservation system. So now I am thinking. Okay, then where does these reservations go if you book them with Disney? I still don't have an answer, so I guess we will just have to see when we get there. I do have all my reservation numbers written down, so that they can be carried with me. Only time will tell!:confused3

It sounds like there will be a lot of cancellations, and a need for a support group thread here on the Dis. I combined the two threads that we had on the first page and am going to adjust the title slightly so those looking for support know to come here.

Sorry to everyone who is getting bumped, that just sucks. :hug:

Thanks Tricia! :)

So I'm out shopping (ironically for some things for our trip in 4 weeks) and I see a number on my cell with a (407) area code. I think to myself, "hey that's the Disney area code", so I answer it. Well, it's a CM from Disney Dining regarding Teppan Edo. She said it was over-booked by 1,000 people!!! :scared1:

She gave me a couple of options...we could keep our ADR (which is Sept. 28th @ 7:50pm), but the expected wait is already backed up by 4 HOURS!!! Or she said they could make us another ADR anywhere but Le Cellier for that night. I asked about switching TE out for another night the week were there and she said its over-booked FOR 30 DAYS!!! :sad2:

Since I was out, and my kids were going crazy in the store (naturally since I was on the phone), I told her I would have to think about what we wanted to do. We wanted TE, that's why I made that ADR 90 days out for that night, but I have two small kids that aren't going to wait 4 hours past our ADR time to eat...that's just not an option. Any ideas on what to do now?

I was out tonight with the kids and DH got the phone call about our reservation on 9/28 at 6:50 (party of 4) which of course is for Teppan Edo:sad2:He took a message and told them I'd call them tomorrow. Now I know what they are calling about:sad2:

I also made my ressie exactly 90 days out, 7:00 AM...how annoying. Well, I guess I better think about where else we would liek to eat that night....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter