disney camping and Univeral studioes

cheermom1

<font color=teal>He NEVER EVER takes them out in p
I was wondering if anyone has does this? going to disney for say 4 days and universal for 1 or 2 days?

and is it worth it? I will have all 4 teens a 10, and 8 yr. olds

thanks for any advise...

We've done many trips where we've stayed at FW for a couple of weeks and spent some of those days driving up to Universal. We're not doing it this year, but probably will next year once Harry Potter opens up. :thumbsup2

If your teens are into big thrill rides, Universal will have more to offer them than WDW - particularly IoA, although the new coaster on the Universal Studios side is set to open soon.

Last I checked Universal was offering tix that were essentially the cost of a 1 day 2 park tix, but were good for 7 consecutive days.

Only downside is that it's a bit of a drive to get over there (1/2 hour-ish depending on traffic) and you have to pay for parking each day.

We do it all the time. Teens and kids like the Universal Studios parks because it has more thrill rides and you can usually find a deal on a 2 day pass.:thumbsup2

thanks i'm going to checking into the pricing and see what i come up with..:goodvibes

Last year we camped at the fort for 10 days and had 5day US/IoA tix....we actually only ended up using 3 days of tix....my 2 youngest daughters just werent that into anything at Universal and preferred to hang out at the fort more than the US parks.....I had NO PROBLEM with this!!!

We recently spent a week in the campground and visited Sea World and Universal. I purchased my tickets for S W and Univ. on line and when I went to the ticket window to exchange the on line ones for the smaller card tickets, I was told they are good for the remainder of the year. I had paid for 1 day and got many extras.
There was not much for our 3 wheel chair bound children to do but they did get to see "Barney" in person and have a private audience with him. My 2 granddaughters (ages 11 and 12) found several things they liked but it rained so hard we had to leave after about 3 hours. Not fun!
Sea World was much better.

Enjoy!

Judy and the Angels:goodvibes

Now don't take me wrong, I am a die hard Disney fan,,but I do like Universal too, Universal has a lot to offer also.(my opinion)

And yes,, we do stay at the Fort and sometimes do Universal and other parks as well, :thumbsup2

It is well worth it. Disney's parks are great but Universal and Seaworld are great as well. If you have the chance, check them out. You'll have a blast at these other parks.

We did it last year and it's not a bad drive from FW to Universal at all. We'll be doing it again after Harry Potter opens up!

It's so much better than packing up your campsite and relocating. Plus, you get to come "home" to FW at night. And if you need to grab a meal or stop for groceries, everything is along the way, at prices so much cheaper than Disney's.

We used those "Get 7 Days" for a price tickets purchased over the internet before we left home, and that worked out great. Got to spend as much time as we wanted at Universal on parts of about four different days. Big daughter (16) is in love with Dueling Dragons, middle son (15) loved the Simpsons and little daughter (7) could have spent a lot more time at Seuss Landing. DH loved Blue Man Group. The only drag is the loooooong walk thru CityWalk to get to the parks, but you have to do that whether you're staying at FW or somewhere else.

I'd stay at FW and do US (and SeaWorld) again in a heartbeat. :thumbsup2

Sue in Texas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter