• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Californian Hotels.

Skallywag

DIS Veteran
We are doing the Eastbound Panama and are hoping to stay a couple of nights in LA prior to the cruise. We are thinking of using our points to stay at one of the Disney Hotels and wonder if anyone can give us some advice on which is the best and also benefits of staying concierge. Notice you can chose the view from the hotel rooms and wonder if someone could give us some ideas on this also.
We are also flying down from Las Vegas and wonder if anyone could recommend a good airline and which airport they fly into.

So many questions - apologies
Brenda

We've never paid for concierge, so I can't help you there. Paying for things like "turn down service" is just not in my plans until I get a lot more wealthy.

That said, we have stayed at each of the Disney owned hotels and here's my thoughts.

Paradise Pier - The cheapest of the three is pretty nice, but nothign special IMO. Two view options with one being an option to have a view of DCA which is very good from there. Worth the extra price IMO since hte other side is just other hotels and quite ugly.

Disneyland Hotel - Much nicer than the PP above IMO. The pool area is great, but not worth the extra price to get a pool view room IMO. The best IMO is to get the building that faces DD and be able to see the nighlife there. And it's cheaper than the pool view!

Grand Californian - Awesome place, and since the place is built right in the DCA park, the park view rooms are well worth the price IMO.

We're going again at the end of October and statying at the DLH, hopefully in that DD view building again. We'll be taking my niece for her first DL trip and we think the DL is the best for kids because of the decor and pool.

By far the most convenient aiurport is SNA, but people have found it to be much more expensive than the other surrounding airports. Thankfully it's not much more at all from where we live.

GC without a dought...
GC is great and we stay there all the time. We are doing the Mexican Riviera and doing Disney for 7 days prior our cruise concierge GC with our pts. We live in SanDiego and so we use most of our pts there.

Best airline to use from Vegas is Southwest without a dought :thumbsup2 We fly southwest all the time to Vegas. You cant get assigned seating but that has never been a problem even with the kids. There are always people willing to change seating with you so you can be near your children. It is only an hr flight. Good wind 45 minutes.

Any property you will be pleased with but for the feeling of a more delux hotel than GC without a dought. When the kids were little we stayed at the DL hotel but they are 10 and 13 and love love love the Grand.

If you want the pixie dust around the border and the Mickey hand holding the light and touches like that along with the Neverland pool then you'll want the Disneyland Hotel - we like the Sierra Tower although they are changing the names.

If you want the best then you'll want the Grand Californian - VERY close to all the action and very quiet.

Either one is great ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter