Disney bus TV test?

mitros

<font color=red>I'm not nuts, I just appear to be<
WDWMagic has some photos of Disney buses with TV screens going up and down the aisles. Has anyone seen these buses on property yet, and what exactly are they for? :confused3

Hmm, if they're installed on the regular transportation busses, then it's safe to assume that they'll be moving, talking billboards that carry ads just like the print ads overhead. More visual and aural clutter, in other words.

From 03-30-2004, 09:05 PM #1 Geyser Gazer

Posts: 332 Disney magic...preparing to whisk you away from the airport.

I had the pleasure of chatting with a Gentleman who is working with a team involved in Disney transportaion from the airport to either your resort or your favorite park. The coaches will feature disney themes, music, flat screen tv's, etc. Your luggage will be able to be transferred from your plane to your room, allowing you to go straight to the parks if you want to.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

From Disneyworld.com:
Disney's Magical Express service – Available and complimentary during the Happiest Celebration on Earth which begins May 5, 2005, this service lets you enjoy ground transportation to and from Orlando International Airport.*

These appear to be the regular busses not the Magical Express busses.

They are a visual version of the monorail spiel. They will tell you where the next stop is, what is going on at the parks, what the opening and closing times are. Show times for where you are heading. I'm sure it will also have ads for PI and what not.

What I want to know is if people will see this as less or more "magical" than the bus drivers. I guess I will have to see it in person to know what I think.

I would say it depends on how relevant and up-to-date the presentations would be. I could take advertisements about WDW specific attractions/venues/shopping but not upcoming movies or television shows. Definitely not general advertisements like you have in theaters before shows.

Personally, I would prefer a "chatty, good natured bus driver", but some bus drivers are quiet and make very few announcements and don't have a lot of guest interaction.

mitros said:
WDWMagic has some photos of Disney buses with TV screens going up and down the aisles. Has anyone seen these buses on property yet, and what exactly are they for? :confused3
Those pictures were taken by my friend in 2001. They were a trial on bus 2780. Personally, I liked the idea... but it never made it anywhere.

From what I am to understand, the video screens were mostly silent. They did feature sound to help announce stops. The screens could also track progress. The video part could be used to promote Disney attractions, have Disney trivia, and other things to keep folks occupied during thier journey.

Chuck S said:
Personally, I would prefer a "chatty, good natured bus driver", but some bus drivers are quiet and make very few announcements and don't have a lot of guest interaction.
The problem lies in that technically speaking, federal law prohibits us from conversing with passengers while driving. It's a safety thing -- they'd rather have us paying complete attention to the road. And I can understand that. But at the same time, I love interacting with guests, and I know my fellow drivers do as well.

One thing that I like about the automated spiel along with the video screens is that it would be spoken and written. Disney prides itself in its diverse cast, but one thing about that is that not everyone speaks English clearly. We have a lot of drivers with thick accents that not all tourists can understand. Combine that with a not-so-great PA system on the Novas, and through no fault of anyone, guests can miss thier stop because they didn't hear the announcement. A clear pre-recorded announcer along with visual cues would help that greatly...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter