Disney Bridal Shower for Disney Bride

jwall840

Disney Family!
Hello DisPosters!

I am a lucky DB and can not wait for march Disney Wedding. My mom is convinced that being a destination wedding, that it is in appropriate for me to have a Bridal Shower. It makes me sad that I don't get to have one because I feel more like I am missing the experience then anything else. Is it true that it is frowned upon to have one???? We have our own home and don't even necessarily need the things. Idk maybe this is a silly question.

What do you all think.

I think it's like with any bridal shower. It's not a party that you can throw yourself. If someone else wants to throw one for you, then by all means, that's great! A bride having a wedding at home can no more expect one than a bride having a destination wedding. That said, I didn't receive a bridal shower or a bachelorette party. I live 1,000 miles away from our nearest friends and family, so the travel, money and logistics just didn't work out. I didn't really need it, though. When you have a destination wedding, it's like going on vacation with all of your loved ones. We got to spend several days with everyone instead of the single afternoon that a local wedding would provide, so I got plenty of quality "wedding time" with everyone without having to have a bunch of pre-wedding parties.

I had a bridal shower. My bridesmaids hosted.

I don't think it's frowned upon at all to have a bridal shower if you're having a destination wedding. HOWEVER, I do think it's inappropriate to invite guests to the shower who won't be invited to the wedding... but that's just me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter