Disney Bounding on a budget!

image.jpg
This is my daughter Bounding as Snow White (um, all her Princess Bounding ends up being a Rapunzel mash-up!). She's wearing white shorts, a yellow tank top. The blue "dress" was made very simply from a $2 craft store t shirt and some scraps from an old red t shirt.

When we went to Disneyland this past May I had so much fun Disney Bounding my 3 year old son! He did a kind of "alternative" Mickey Mouse, and what my friends called "Hipster Peter Pan", haha! It was adorable! My friend's daughter who was the same ago coordinated with him as Minnie & Tinkerbell....they were a hit!

I put these together on Polyvore for my upcoming trip in March.
Snow White
l.jpg

I'm making the yellow skirt, need to buy the blue t-shirt, red shrug and red hair ribbon. I got the apple core necklace from ebay for $2

Lilo
l.jpg

I already have the green skirt and hair ribbon. I got the Ohana necklace on clearance at Hot Topic. I'll borrow a lei from a friend. I need to buy a red t-shirt and pineapple earrings.

Anastasia Tremaine
l.jpg

I already have the purple t-shirt and pink capris. I need to buy a gold headband, big gold earrings and a pink scarf.

Thank you for this awesome link! I think Disney Bounding is such an awesome idea. I've really only Dapper Bounded before - DH and I went as Vanellope and Ralph for Dapper Day.

This year we're going to Dapper Day as Ursula and something else for him... not sure what. I got my dress on clearance from Torrid and now just need to make a purple petticoat to represent her tentacles.

We're also going as Joy and Anger from Inside Out for Halloween.

I love the Vanellope skater dress on Minzprint. I may have to invest in it!

If you're interested in Disney Bounding, you should follow Sarah Snitch and her boyfriend on Instagram. They are on the West Coast and do lots of Disney Bounding. She's great to get inspiration from!

Here is a shot of DH and I as Ralph and Vanellope on Dapper Day.

11062941_10100944733009534_3053871908490532505_n_zpsqfdleas0.jpg
Aren't you guys just adorable! I love that he dresses up with you. My husband would roll his eyes at me at best.

I love the idea of Disney Bounding...but going to Disney at certain times of the year, I'm more concerned with the heat/humidity/sweating.

I find it difficult to pull off the outfits & accommodate for the FL weather...but I'm trying!

My teen daughter and I did several "Disney Bound" outfits for our trip last Sept. If I can figure out how to post pix here, I will.
We totally did it "on a budget"-- actually made it more fun! Challenging!
We did Goodwill and clearance and Walmart for the clothing. Walmart clearance for some of the jewelry and hair items and for specialty/ out of the ordinary jewelry....etsy is great!!!

Great pictures crazymomof4! Thanks for sharing. I think that there are a couple that I can put together, using your ideas/colours as a take-off point.
You're welcome! This thread totally gave DD and I the "Disney Bounding Bug" We hit the mall today for summer clearance clothes. On the same rack, she found light blue shorts (as she said, "the perfect Cinderella blue") and I found yellow shorts for my Snow White bottom. She found a lacey white top and powder blue cami for under it- so her clothes are complete. I found a cute top in the perfect Snow White blue! Tonight we will browse etsy for apple jewelry (me) and glass slipper jewelry (DD)
Even tho we are more than a year away from our trip, we actually started gathering items a year + out of our '14 trip, so we are right on schedule!
FUN FUN FUN!!

I love the idea of Disney Bounding...but going to Disney at certain times of the year, I'm more concerned with the heat/humidity/sweating.

I find it difficult to pull off the outfits & accommodate for the FL weather...but I'm trying!

I know exactly what you mean! We are going next September, and yes, heat is a definite concern. However, I think we can "bound" around it! (LOL):rotfl2:

I'm planning to use short-sleeve shirts and maybe even sleeveless hoodies, personally. Some characters lend themselves better to this, like I was thinking about Hiro from Big Hero 6!

Either way, it is doable, just takes a little more thought. But that's half the fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter