DISNEY BLUES...

ajjoplin1

Mouseketeer
Well, it has taken almost a year, but I think it's safe to say that my entire family has the Disney Blues!

My DW and I took our 3 kids--DD7, DS4, and DD2--to WDW last Sep...amazing! They loved it, of course. Now, they are starting to ask about going back. LOL. My DS4 asked, "Daddy, can we go to Raglan Road?" Last night, we coped by re-telling our favorite memories: meet n greets, food, and rides. So many good times.

Yep, we have the Disney Blues. I think I caught them first and apparently, it is contagious! :rolleyes1

However, I have found a 2-part solution: we are going back!!!:earboy2::charac4::stitch2: Looking at next year, in Sep again. Hoping to start a PTR in the fall. I hope this thread helps others cope with Disney Blues as well. How about it...how are you coping? Looking forward to hearing your response!::MickeyMo

Well, it has taken almost a year, but I think it's safe to say that my entire family has the Disney Blues!

My DW and I took our 3 kids--DD7, DS4, and DD2--to WDW last Sep...amazing! They loved it, of course. Now, they are starting to ask about going back. LOL. My DS4 asked, "Daddy, can we go to Raglan Road?" Last night, we coped by re-telling our favorite memories: meet n greets, food, and rides. So many good times.

Yep, we have the Disney Blues. I think I caught them first and apparently, it is contagious! :rolleyes1

However, I have found a 2-part solution: we are going back!!!:earboy2::charac4::stitch2: Looking at next year, in Sep again. Hoping to start a PTR in the fall. I hope this thread helps others cope with Disney Blues as well. How about it...how are you coping? Looking forward to hearing your response!::MickeyMo

Well Congrats on the exciting news! I hope your next time is just as fabulous! Are you staying at the same resort?

This house has the Disney Blues too. I cope by coming here and reading threads, trying to find another way to squeeze another nickel out of our already screaming tight budget and into the vacation fund, and have resorted to watching videos on you tube. I have the BLUES BAD! My kids cope by talking to me about our past trips and what we would like to do the next time. The biggest problem is that we just don't know when we will be able to go back. I tell them we are going-- we just don't know when. Hope you enjoy your planning! Your trip will be here before you know it!

I cope by making money to go on the next trip. I do things like buy an annual pass. We are going the last week of Sept/first part of October this year so next year will be before that. No tickets to pay for next year means I can go again!

I do Swagbucks and Perk and that money is solely for Disney. When I did work outside of the home and was a single parent, I purposely lived paycheck to paycheck. The day before payday any amount that was still sitting in my checking account without a purpose was sent to my savings account. This was sometimes as little as $5 but it added $5 to my vacation fund. Any found money/rebates/extra went straight to my travel fund. I still do this.

I do some transcription work and all of that money goes towards vacations too.

We recycle our soda cans and that money goes to my vacation fund.

There is almost always somewhere in the budget that you can maneuver. The grocery bill is a good one. Set a budget for groceries, eating out, and entertainment. Choose not to go to the movies and instead rent a movie from Redbox...put what you didn't spend into the savings account. Don't go out to eat or order pizza...learn to make your own and save the money. Transfer to savings. Extra left in the grocery budget, transfer it to savings. It won't be much at first but it will add up. And get the kids in on it. Have them help save for vacation. Choose to take half your Christmas budget and put that towards Disney and just have less stuff at Christmas. Do the same at Easter and birthdays too.

Another thing to do is start that countdown! Make if fun. Look for ideas on Pinterest. Do family fun nights where you recreate meals from Disney or do a movie themed meal and watch the movie.

I have major Disney Blues! I am the disney fanatic in my family. The rest of my family not as much, lol...My older son likes the rides but he gets annoyed at some of the characters so he says lol. My hubby thinks its too hot in FL and my littlest 1 is too little to really understand Disney. Anyways we've gone the past 2 years in a row and we have decided to skip 2016 bc number 1 its expensive to go every year when you aren't a DVC member and number 2 we are hoping that most of the big construction projects will be finished in 2017 when we go (Avatar Land, Frozen Ride in Epcot, and Disney Springs). But I have major Disney Blues without a trip in the works for the near future and nothing to plan :( planning for a trip is half the fun of going on a trip. I keep thinking about my time at Disney though. Trying to convince my hubby that next time we go to Disney I want to stay at The Polynesian! Hes not into the whole tropical island thing. But we've stayed at The Contemporary and we've stayed at The Grand Floridian now I feel like we have to stay at the Poly just to say we stayed at all 3 resorts on the monorail, LOL.

We always get the Disney Blues before we leave the parking lot. This year we did our first Disney Cruise and I was nearly in tears hugging our waiters goodbye (they felt like real friends by the end). There is a light at the end of the tunnel - we know we're going somewhere in October 2016, it's just determining if we're doing a 7-night cruise, a land and sea vacation, or WDW for the whole week. But that seems so far away, even knowing a date. It will be better if I ever get my husband to make a commitment on which trip he wants to do.

We aren't doing well with Disney Blues at allll. In fact, we're going back in October for our honeymoon, in addition to our trip next year in May.

So that's how we decided to cope. :P

I have only been once, and that was in 06. I have to be content with what I have and not brood over something I can't do.

Well Congrats on the exciting news! I hope your next time is just as fabulous! Are you staying at the same resort?

Not sure yet. My heart wants to go to CB, and so do all of my kids and DW. So yes, we probably will. But I'm seriously debating between that and POR. Still time to decide...TOOOO much time, actually.:earsboy:

We aren't doing well with Disney Blues at allll. In fact, we're going back in October for our honeymoon, in addition to our trip next year in May.

So that's how we decided to cope. :P

That's great! I just realized the other day: we are going in SEP '16, and our 10 year anniversary is JUN '17, so....BOUNCE BACK!!! I told my wife and her eyes lit up! Yep, it's going down!

I got the blues much faster - we just got back from a June trip and I am already obsessed about how to go back :) So much so that we are adding a Thanksgiving trip to Disneyland (cheaper for use than WDW because flights are cheap to there now and brother can get us a hotel with free shuttle to park for 39 a night). Originally we were going to have to wait until December 2016 for our next WDW trip (still doing this as well). I think it has something to do with all of the wonderful memories you make as a family while on vacation whether it be Disney or somewhere else. I think Disney also banks on "the blues" to get us to come back so often and so soon :)

Our last trip was in October and we have major Disney blues! I cope with being on here a lot. Also about once a week my DD's and I sit want watch YouTube videos from Disney Parks and the other WDW channels to get our "fix". I also enter every contest I can find in hope of getting a free trip. We have to wait until fall 2016 for the next one so we got awhile!

We have been home less than a month and we all have the Disney Blues. Mine started when I planned the last set of FP lol. I love to plan.

We just went in the first week of May, but I have had the blues ever since. Both kids came down with ear infections, really putting a damper on the end of our trip, so we didn't go out with a bang, as I had hoped. And it has been a non-stop stress nightmare since the day we got home. At least one new thing has gone seriously wrong every week since we got back. I just want to ride The Gran Fiesta and eat at San Angel Inn (perhaps with one of their amazing margaritas!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter