Disney birthday party ideas??

Saskiwi

Mouseketeer
Hi

We just got back to NZ after a fantastic 6 days at DL. We are planning a surprise 50th birthday brunch this weekend for a good friend who is a BIG Dis fan but hasn't been able to go to DL for about 20 years (its a loooonnnnggg way for us!)

So we want to bring the park to her - We are expecting 8 adults and 9 kids.

We bought some left-over 50th anniversary golden ears from the Dis outlet store, which will be perfect party hats (three for $2 or something ridiculous like that!) plus picked up some party store supplies such as a Mickey birthday banner etc.

I grabbed a handful of DL paper napkins while we were dining in the park and we have lots of extra park maps and paper Mickey head cutouts from the Celebrate parade, to use as table decorations! I got Birthday and Celebrate badges with her name on from the nice folks at City Hall, when I explained the plan to them and I have downloaded a selection of classic Dis music to play and will set up the Remember fireworks video to play on the tv in the background!

I am going to make Mickey pancakes (we picked up a mould while visiting!) and churros, plus bacon, juice etc-

Can anyone suggest any other easy ideas for DL themed food, decorations etc??

I love planning theme parties but don't get to anymore now that my boys are teens. I was just thinking I wanted to give myself a Disneyland party for my next birthday.

You could put Hidden Mickeys around the house. You might even want to offer a small prize to the person who finds the most.

Make each room a different land. Like the living room is Fantasyland, the backyard is Adventureland and so on.

Don't forget to put something Disney in the bathroom since you know everyone will have to visit there sooner or later. :)

Of course play Disney music in the background. If you wanted to play a game you could record little segments of songs and see who can name that tune. You could also do something similar with quotes from Disney movies.

Serve Disney treats from the park that you think you can copy or buy. Of course shape whatever food you can into Micky Heads.

If you got some good shots of Disneyland from your trip you could enlarge a few of them to put up around the house and/or give them to the guest of honor.

Well, those are a few ideas off the top of head. How fun!! :goodvibes

Just an idea, but what if everyone had "tickets" to get in? You could have someone at the door to tear or punch the ticket...and then make sure to stamp their hand when they leave! LOL!

I think it sounds like you have lots of fun ideas already.... Maybe put together a little slideshow or video presentation of your vacation photos? Your friend would probably love to see them!

Can't think of anything else right off hand, I only hope your friend can get to DL sometime soon.....20 years is a LONG time to miss Mickey! :mickeyjum

There is a podcast called mousetalgia, where they discuss something like that in one of there first episodes I dont remeber which one. At any rate one of the things they sugested (amoung many good ideas) was to turn each room of the house (including the bathroom lol) into a park attraction and have a game in that room that matched the themeing as well as prizes. They also made maps of there "park" house and handed them out at the door. They also talked about Disney Themed foods and drinks, like snow whites poisin apple martini etc

Hope that helps, the pod cast can be found at www.mousetalgia.com if your intrested in finding the episode.

Do lots of hidden mickeys in the food, cherry tomatoes stuck together with toothpicks, bell pepper rings sometimes form hidden mickeys, did you get mickey pretzels? if so put those out, mickey pasta, use that too. hmmmm, mickey balloons? Or just lots of balloons in Mickey colors, red, white, black. Let me think some more and I'll add to this.

Thanks for all those great ideas! I like the tickets at the door one! I never saw Mickey pretzels - they would have been cool. Have just been making Mickey choc chip cookies - off now to make a cake -still undecided about whther to make a Mickey head-shaped cake (one large round cake and two smaller ones for the ears?) or just a round cake with Mickey-heads iced on it...that might be easier as I'm not sure I can get smaller cakes in the right proportion for ears!

There was thread not too far back back that had a pic of a cake that had a big black Mickey Head in the middle and red, yellow, and black swirls around it. It was very cute!

Thanks for all those great ideas! I like the tickets at the door one! I never saw Mickey pretzels - they would have been cool. Have just been making Mickey choc chip cookies - off now to make a cake -still undecided about whther to make a Mickey head-shaped cake (one large round cake and two smaller ones for the ears?) or just a round cake with Mickey-heads iced on it...that might be easier as I'm not sure I can get smaller cakes in the right proportion for ears!

I made a mickey head cake for my DD9's birthday a couple of years ago. I kept it simple and made a chocolate 8"-9" round cake and chocolate cupcakes and frosted both with chocolate frosting. Then I used the round cake for the head and the cupcake for mickey's ears. It was so simple and I loved that I had time to do all the other things I had to do to get ready for the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter