Disney area swimming pool health code violations

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by GrandFloridianGirl, Jul 19, 2005.

1. GrandFloridianGirl

GrandFloridianGirl Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!
    I just wanted to let all of you know who are staying off site that the Orlando Sentinel ran an article this Sunday naming about 450 pools in hotels and residence subdivisions near Disney and Universal that had violations of health codes. Of course, Disney property pools are some of the best maintained. I know how much kiddies like to play in the pool on the non-park days so, here's a head's up to keep everyone safe.
    I can't post URL's yet (I don't have enough posts) but go to orlando sentinel dot com, slash news, slash local, slash orange (I hope this makes sense)
    and click on the article titled "looking clean not enough"
    also, below that is another article about inspectors finding pool violations around town.
    I looked for the link for the 450 hotels but, I was unable to find it so, unless someone else does, I have the Sunday paper right here so feel free to ask about your hotel if you are concerned and I'll let you know if it's listed.
    Happy swimming everyone!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. spiceycat

spiceycat dvc-blt,vwl,bwv

these are timeshares not hotels

Orange Lake
    Celebration World Resort
    Sheraton Vistana Resort

4. GrandFloridianGirl

Let's see here.......
    The first two you mentioned are not listed as having any violations.
    However, the Sheraton Vistana is.

It is listed as having violations this year as well as 3 violations the previous year. The Vistana has a notation beside it that indicates the violations are in two or more pools, spas or water features.

Also, I know some folks stay at the Sheraton Safari hotel. The wading pool only is listed as having violations as well as 1 the previous year.

5. spiceycat

forgot some more timeshares please

Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Cypress Harbour
    Marriott's Sabal Palms
    Marriott's Imperial Palms
    Marriott's Royal Palms

this is a big hotel
    Marriott World Center

thanks for much for doing this!!!!

none of Disney's hotels or timeshares are listed correct?

6. Taratink

Taratink DIS Veteran

What kind of violations did the Vistana have?
    Tara

7. GrandFloridianGirl

I'm happy to help! *I apologize for not stating what the violations were in my previous post. I'll start that now.*

Okay,
    The Marriott Grande Vista does have violations but only in the west village. They also had violations in two or more pools, spas or water features.
    The violations are chlorine and Ph. Michael Beach of the CDC said in the article that pool chemistry should be checked multiple times a day- if the weather changes or multiple people enter the pool. Wet n wild (a water park) checks it's ph and chemistry every hour and requires children not potty trained to wear swimming diapers. I wonder if the Grande Vista requires the same thing?

Marriott Cypress Harbor also had chlorine and ph violations. They had 8 previous violations.

Marriott sable and royal palms are also listed as having chlorine violations. Between the two of them, they had 8 previous violations.

The World Center also had violations of chlorine with 5 previous violations.

The only Disney hotel that did have violations was the Yacht club quiet pool for chlorine. They had one previous violation.

The Vistana had both chlorine and ph violations with 3 previous violaions.
    From the article:
    "low chlorine levels place swimmers at risk for contracting diseases that can quickly spread in a pool such as giardiasis, shigellosis and conjunctivitis."

8. L107ANGEL

L107ANGEL <font color=purple>Tipsy Pioneer (Committed PUI)<b

Can you check on Orbit One Vacation Villas and Oak Plantation for me please?

9. GrandFloridianGirl

Rest assured, L107Angel, Orbit one vacation villas and Oak plantation are not on the list! Yay!

I'm running out for the day- I'll definately check back in later to look up some more hotels/timeshares for ya'll.
    I'm happy to help in anyway I can.

I'm reading more of the article now-- Oh! so that's what ph does! helps the chlorine to kill germs! You'd think living in FL I would know that...... :rolleyes:

10. L107ANGEL

L107ANGEL <font color=purple>Tipsy Pioneer (Committed PUI)<b

Thank you! :flower:

11. siobhan1997

siobhan1997 DIS Veteran

Hi was Orange Lake on that list? Also please check on the Celebrity Resorts i.e. Orlando , Lake Buena Vista

Thanks so much for this great information

12. chris7

chris7 Mouseketeer

When you get back check also for cypress pointe. Thanks

13. gigi1313

gigi1313 DIS Veteran

14. SeattleMark

SeattleMark Compulsive Planner and Research-aholic

15. spiceycat

okay you post the links - now post the links to 450 hotels that GrandFLoridanGirl is nicely giving everyone please!

16. GrandFloridianGirl

Thanks for posting that link, guys. I didn't have enough initial posts to give it to you. :flower:

Just in case anyone hasn't tried the link:
    -Orange Lake was not on the list nor were any of the Celebrity resorts.
    -Cypress Pointe has 2 locations listed in the article. Cypress Point had 2 violations, Chlorine and Ph as well as 7 violations last year.
    -Cypress Pointe Resort in Lake Buena Vista had chlorine and ph violations with 3 violations last year.

Can you guys see the list of hotels when you click on the link?
    I don't want to double the info if you can access it too. Should I keep going?

17. TSWJan78

TSWJan78 DIS Veteran Approved Advertiser

18. GrandFloridianGirl

Thanks ya'll for posting the link for me. When I click on it, I can't for the life of me find the list of 450 hotels. Oh well, I hope you guys can see it, if not, keep asking away------I don't mind at all looking them up for you. :sunny:

19. susieeQ

susieeQ Mouseketeer

how about Summmer Bay? and thanks for looking!!

20. GrandFloridianGirl

Looking for Summer Bay......
    Nope- you're in the clear!

(I just found the golf course apartment community I live in had some violations. :sad2: )
    For the love of Pete!

21. spiceycat

I found a note to the side saying to get the 450 hotels you need to buy the paper.

So I guess we will have to kept relying on you GrandFlordianGirl - you are definitely a sweetie!!! :goodvibes

Yes I can see how it would be upsetting to find the place you are living in to be on this list!!!

;)