Disney and a toddler

Mickeycrocs

Mouseketeer
Hello all just got through with my trip with my 2 year old, boyfriend, and soon to be mother in law.
We stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort for 6 nights and 7 days with 5 day water park option and free dining.
I must say I'm probably one of the few who are not a fan of CBR. This was my first time here, last year we stayed at Kidani. It's too spread out for us. We were in Jamaica building 43, room 4323 which does have a Murphy bed. I did request Jamaica 45, but we got what we got. It was too much walking to do with my toddler. We were very far away from the bus stop as well as Port Royal. The buses also took forever to come and stopped at almost every spot in the resort.
Day 1 Epcot:
For those of you who don't know me I'm a huge fan of frozen. So, of course, when I was able to snag a fast pass at 60 days out at 8am the only thing I could get was 6:45-7:45. No sooner than when we arrive the ride broke. Then everyone swarmed to meet Anna and Elsa and the wait time was over 60 mins and not possible with a toddler. Otherwise we were there for the first day of food and wine festival, which was fine in my opinion were not die hards for the festival. Crowds were in my opinion decent.
We ate dinner at Coral Reef which I also don't think we will go there again. I found the portions very small and a very limited menu. I also didn't realize the aquatic tanks are only at the front of the restaurant.
Day 2 Magic Kingdom:
Smooth sailing, did fantasy land and tomorrow land with my toddlers favorite being buzz lightyear. We went to chef mickeys for dinner and we thoroughly enjoyed. The character interactions were nice and I read reviews of people saying the food was gross but I honestly didn't think it was bad at all.
Day 3 Animal Kingdom:
2 words, cranky toddler. My son was extremely cranky this day probably because of the heat, probably because he's a toddler. We didn't get to see everything he simply didn't want to sit. On the bright side we went to Tusker House for dinner which I also read awful reviews about but it was my favorite character meal of the whole trip. The characters took time to hug my son who likes long warm hugs lol and they played around with him! He was then lucky enough to be picked by daisy to hold her hand during the mini parade. Boy were dad and I tearing up.
Day 4 Hollywood Studios/ Disney Springs
We did Disney springs from around 10-12:30 then went back to the hotel to relax then Hollywood Studios around 4. We ate lunch at DS at Blaze which was delicious! Then we went to Hollywood studios and did my sons new favorite ride toy story mania. We did our fast pass then waited in line again right after. The longest we waited in a line this whole trip was 15-20 minutes. It was nice. We met Kylo Ren, Olaf and enjoyed the interactions. We missed out on Little Mermaid but hey what can we do. We've got a toddler. We then went to Minnie's Halloween Dine at Hollywood and Vine. I do not recommend this. Mickey is dressed as a vampire, Minnie a witch, Donald a space duck, Goofy a cowboy and I don't remember what Daisy was. The characters rushed through took one picture then waived goodbye. We also had an incident with Mickey... My son reached up to "honk" mickeys nose and Mickey was very offended and pulled my sons hands off his face and walked away. Very embarrassing as other families noticed.
Day 5
Magic Kingdom x2.
Smooth sailing as well. Went to Ohana for breakfast was spot on just like last time. Then did adventure land and frontier land. Did fast passes then came back to hotel to relax. Ate dinner at the food court and it was decent.
Day 6 home!
Overall the trip was pretty good. We couldn't have asked for better whether, most of our meals were very good. We booked a bounce back for all star music family suite and my mom dad and sister will join my boyfriend son and I next year. Thanks for reading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter