Disney 3x4 and 4X6 journaling cards *accepting requests*

Pixiesprite - Those are really cute! Thanks for sharing! What size are they 3 x 4?

Ah thanks, delighted you like them :)

Yup, 3x4. They're all 900x1200 pixels, I made them at 300dpi so they'll be 3x4 on a regular 12x12 digiscrapping page, or if you are printing them to use in real life, you can print them at 3x4 (should do it automatically if you select 300dpi or 100%, just check if your program defaults to print at 72dpi, they will come out huge) :)

Just about to add some water park ones :beach:

I would be happy to make some cards with specific characters if people would like. I wasn't sure if all of the above requests have already been filled. Maybe we should start a Disney Project Life Request thread or something so others can see it. I wasn't sure if it is ok to just post a request thread since I'm not really a DISigner. Does anyone know?

Characters would be great to have! I have no idea how the DISining threads work, hopefully one of the DISigners will pop in and let us know :) I was thinking of doing parades for Tigger i luv DISNEY & the rides in Animal Kingdom next, I keep wandering off on tangents as a new idea catches my eye!

What do you reckon.... journaling lines or not on cards? I can't decide :)

Characters would be great to have! I have no idea how the DISining threads work, hopefully one of the DISigners will pop in and let us know :) I was thinking of doing parades for Tigger i luv DISNEY & the rides in Animal Kingdom next, I keep wandering off on tangents as a new idea catches my eye!

What do you reckon.... journaling lines or not on cards? I can't decide :)

I am working on a few as well - I think I am going to do a mixture of with lines and without.... I like the idea of different options and looks for multiple layouts.

I don't think it is a problem to post the cards you make here - I think we have kind of started our own Project Life/Journal card thread :)

Have added a couple of parade journal cards.. Main Street Electrical (must make a Spectro one too), Electrical Water Pageant, Wishes (had to borrow a different logo from a Disney CD, couldn't find an actual Wishes logo... but it looks nice!), Fantasmic & Jammin' Jungle. The night time ones are on black... will look very cool on digi layouts, but dunno how you'll write on them in the real world.. maybe a gel pen?

I've also done a lined version of each, it's hard to gauge the line spacing knowing they'll be used in digi & with real handwriting - my handwriting fits but it is quite small, anyhoo I've made them so you can comfortably fit a 12pt font on them without looking too squished. Would be delighted to hear any thoughts on the spacing :)

Also... feel free to add your own lines to any I have already made if you are downloading them or if you would like me to add lines to specific ones just let me know!

I'll add my photobucket account to my sig now I think to may it easier to locate :)

More parades to come later!:earsboy:

Just a quick note to say I am making plain lined cards with a character on them today. They are super quick to make so I'll do a bunch.
Any requests for specific characters on lined cards let me know and they will be done today 2/27. Already did the pooh characters I will post them later today.

These look amazing... thanks guys! I would say yes - we have our own thread so just post your cards :)

Looking forward to seeing the character ones!

Looking forward to your character cards Iloveeliot :) Post them on the thread for all to see!

If you edit your first post can you change the title of the thread to include "inviting requests" or something similar then people might pop in and give us ideas pixiedust: Or is the title unchangeable I wonder?

and some of the special events - The Lion King, Finding Nemo (shows at AK), Beauty and the Beast, Indiana Jones and Lights cars Action at HS...

I would also love some for the dining places (Ohana, Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, Askerhus)

Maybe some for the Parade... with just the parade name and clipart (Block Party Bash, Celebrate A dream, Jammin Jungle Party)?

What about one about Autographs?

Just some thoughts! To keep the creative juice flowing

Just checking back... These are our current requests...

I have a few more parades to finish for the parade part of the request. What would be a good way to work requests? Do we post to "claim" a request or just post once we have finished the card? Hmmm... Duplication might be fun as then we'd have lots to play with but we could end up confusing ourselves :) I can volunteer to do occasional posts on this thread in bright bold text to update any outstanding requests & close off any completed ones if that would be helpful?

I completely edited the first post to say we are taking requests and explaining the purpose of the cards. I am thinking of making a Disney World page with my protectors using pictures from my last trip and adding it to the first post so people can see an example. Please read through the first post and tell me if it makes sense and if any changes should be made.

As far as how to know what requests have been filled my idea was if you fill all or part of a request make the first line of the post in which you are filling it:
"Request in post 29 filled in full" or "request in post 33 Pooh only filled" I can then edit the first post to show what has been filled.

Also maybe if you are going to work on a request, you can post:
"Working on request in post 15." I can add that to the first post as well so it is easy for people to see what has already been done and we aren't duplicating requests.

Please let me know what you think before I go ahead and start doing this. If someone has an easier suggestion please just post it.

I'm not sure if we will have tons of requests and I'll have to keep checking this thread to edit the first post or if this won't even be necessary.

Should we start a new thread with cards already created only that we can all add to and not have any other posts in or requests? I think that may be a good idea. If you are interested in doing that let me know and I can start that thread or someone else can if they want.

Hoping this posts as I'm browsing on my phone with 3% charge left and nowhere near the plug :) that all looks splendid! I think a new thread would be fantastic, a nice clean start & we can put up the stuff we've made already on the first few posts and hopefully the requests will appear in a nice steady flow, easy to organise :) let me know if I can help with anything! Eek 2%... Better post before phone shuts off!

Ok. So this thread is for requests and stating what you have filled. I'm starting a new thread which will contain ONLY what we have created and NO requests or chatter.

I just saw on Becky's FB page the other day where someone had used the journaling cards to collect autographs. I thought that was a cute idea.

I hope it is ok with you. I am adding this idea to the first post. Thanks for the tip!

I just tried to add the images of my cards in the other thread and they are HUGE! How to I add the images but smaller? Thanks

... I love these... I don't use the Project for Life style but I may print these just as journal squares for my scrapbook...

I'd love to see some generic park ones
HS
Epcot
AK
MK

and some of the special events - The Lion King, Finding Nemo (shows at AK), Beauty and the Beast, Indiana Jones and Lights cars Action at HS...

I would also love some for the dining places (Ohana, Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, Askerhus)

Maybe some for the Parade... with just the parade name and clipart (Block Party Bash, Celebrate A dream, Jammin Jungle Party)?

What about one about Autographs?

Just some thoughts! To keep the creative juice flowing

There are tons of beautiful autograph cards in another thread that were created in 4x6 perfect for this kind of album!

I just tried to add the images of my cards in the other thread and they are HUGE! How to I add the images but smaller? Thanks

I'm back on the computer now! Are you adding from photobucket? I just tried one here... massive! The thumbnail feature is there, but you need to tweak it a lot to work here as it is in html..

*********** please see my new thread for cards :upsidedow ***********

But... It's very small. hmmm.. I'm off to google this some more, there must be a way to get the tag to accept scaling parameters so we can show them at a less frightening size!

Other thread looks good, I'll nab the post after you on it when yours are uploaded. Just noticed the link in the first post on the other thread has an extra http throwing it off. Ok off to look up resizing. :coffee:

Last edited:
Oh.... I actually found the way to switch on thumbnails in photobucket. You need to click on your user settings -> album settings & switch it on. Then it's much easier, still small though, but I think I will go with this for now, that's enough supersleuthing for me for one evening :)

Also if you click on "Turn on Easy linking mode" while you're copying the bulk of the thumbnail details then you can do it all from one page instead of clicking in & out of each one :)

Oh.... I actually found the way to switch on thumbnails in photobucket. You need to click on your user settings -> album settings & switch it on. Then it's much easier, still small though, but I think I will go with this for now, that's enough supersleuthing for me for one evening :)

Also if you click on "Turn on Easy linking mode" while you're copying the bulk of the thumbnail details then you can do it all from one page instead of clicking in & out of each one :)[/QUOTE]

That totally worked. I'm not so great with computers so I get excited when things work! Please let me know what you think of the lined cards. Are they too plain or good for what they will be used for. I figured I will do tons of basic ones and then try to move on to something more jazzy. If I have more technical questions can I PM you pixiesprite?

I wrote an article on the album(s) I did using Project Life products for Capturing Magic Me: http://capturingmagic.me/dcoumenting-a-disney-vacation-with-project-life/

And of course, there's the amazing Project Mouse collection out right now. http://the-lilypad.com/store/Project-Mouse-BUNDLE-No.-1-Basics.html I'm working on a gift album using this collection. So cute!

Your album looks amazing! May I include your link to the Capturing the Magic Blog post in my first post and may I add your photo of your album to the first post as well so people can see an example when they first click in this link? I won't add it till I get your ok. Thanks

Request From post 17 for Tigger i luv DISNEY

Parade Cards (with & without lines):

*********** please see my new thread for cards :upsidedow ***********

Let me know if anyone wants any more parades or if I've missed any!

2 requests remaining open for Tigger I luv DISNEY - restaurants & special events. I have started on some show/events (Fantasmic/Wishes etc.) so I can take special events if nobody minds? If anyone has any events they want to request then please do.... pixiedust:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter