Disney 2Q Earnings Rise 27 Percent

Yeah I know it must disappoint you...but in a Capitalist society the consumers are the ones who get to make those decisions. I'm sure you think that Eisner had some special talent or insight just becuase he spent a few years green lighting bad movies. Eveery day in this country regular people run billion, million, and less dollar companies...its a great place to live. Even if you can't wrap your head around bad ideas like half finished parks, bad movies, bad TV shows and the slow downward spiral that is Disney...we can.

Actually I do not follow Disney. Do not own their stock, nor care to.
As for me, I do not work in an office environment. I own 2 (small) retail establishments. Work a minimum of 70 hours a week. No stretch of the imagination. I do know that everyday I have customers, friends and family members who can tell me how I should do things. 18 years ago when I started my first store I learned very quickly NOT to listen to those "know it alls" but to follow my instincts and what my true clientele wants. Made many of mistakes and will continue to. I just realize that the vast majority of those that can tell you how to run things haven't a clue about all the behind the scene decisions that take place daily. Fact of the matter most couldn't begin to do what I do on a daily basis. Nothing wrong with discussing Disney and adding thoughts and ideas, but it just sickens me the cocky attitude stemming from some who write their beliefs as facts and that they know how to run Disney. 2nd thought, it is more humorous then anything. :lmao: :rotfl2: Carry on folks!!:thumbsup2

Yeah I know it must disappoint you...but in a Capitalist society the consumers are the ones who get to make those decisions. I'm sure you think that Eisner had some special talent or insight just becuase he spent a few years green lighting bad movies. Eveery day in this country regular people run billion, million, and less dollar companies...its a great place to live. Even if you can't wrap your head around bad ideas like half finished parks, bad movies, bad TV shows and the slow downward spiral that is Disney...we can.

Consumers are making their decision......

Disney parks are seeing record attendance figures.

ABC has 3 of the top ten most viewed shows on television.

Disney holds several Box Office Records over the past few years. Before Spiderman 3 a Disney Movie had the top grossing opening/weekend of all time.

Disney/Pixar holds 7 of the top 10 top grossing animated films of all time, three of which have been released after 2000 (Though I would like to see Disney get back to making quality hand drawn animated movies)

Not to say that I love all of these products. I personally hate shows like Dancing with the Stars and American Idol(Fox, but similiar). You would have to pay me a sizable amount to watch Wild Hogs. But, the average consumer seems to be enjoying these offerings.

I do think Disney has done some quality work as well. I like the Pirates franchise (so far) and have had a good time seeing both movies in the theaters. Lost is probably one of the better shows currently on television. Cars (Pixar, but owned by Disney) was enjoyed by my entire family. I look forward to the continuation of the Narnia series.

Consumers are making their decision......

Disney parks are seeing record attendance figures.

According to who?

ABC has 3 of the top ten most viewed shows on television.

Great now if they can work on the other 165 hours of TV they produce each week.

Disney holds several Box Office Records over the past few years. Before Spiderman 3 a Disney Movie had the top grossing opening/weekend of all time.

Great does that make up for Bad Company, The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause, The Shaggy Dog , Bambi II, The Emperor's New Groove 2: Kronk's New Groove, Chicken Little , Sky High , Herbie Fully Loaded , Ice Princess , The Pacifier,Mulan II.....

Disney/Pixar holds 7 of the top 10 top grossing animated films of all time, three of which have been released after 2000 (Though I would like to see Disney get back to making quality hand drawn animated movies)

Yes Thanks Pixar...glad we fired all of you people and then had to buy you back for 7 billion dollars.

Not to say that I love all of these products. I personally hate shows like Dancing with the Stars and American Idol(Fox, but similiar). You would have to pay me a sizable amount to watch Wild Hogs. But, the average consumer seems to be enjoying these offerings.

I do think Disney has done some quality work as well. I like the Pirates franchise (so far) and have had a good time seeing both movies in the theaters. Lost is probably one of the better shows currently on television. Cars (Pixar, but owned by Disney) was enjoyed by my entire family. I look forward to the continuation of the Narnia series.

The average cousumer??? Do you know how many people live in the USA alone much less the world...no the Average consumer is not a Disney consumer at all.

Not just that post, 3 of them that are essentially the same.

Nice.

Also, to be fair, Disney did, supposedly, hit record attendence in 2006, but it's not an official number and it took them 7 years to recover.

According to who?

http://www.connectingindustry.com/pd...tendance06.pdf

Great now if they can work on the other 165 hours of TV they produce each week.

Everything I can find online show's that ABC is ranked number 2 out of all the television networks. The most recent data I could find to support this is linked below:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...37.htmlstory?coll=la-headlines-business-enter

ABC is currently in much better shape now, then it was prior to Disney's purchase.

Great does that make up for Bad Company, The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause, The Shaggy Dog , Bambi II, The Emperor's New Groove 2: Kronk's New Groove, Chicken Little , Sky High , Herbie Fully Loaded , Ice Princess , The Pacifier,Mulan II.....

Ok, some of these are bad movies and some of these are direct to video movies aimed at kids. For example, my daughter likes Bambi II and Mulan II. Just like every major studio they have good and bad movies.

The average cousumer??? Do you know how many people live in the USA alone much less the world...no the Average consumer is not a Disney consumer at all.

Just over 300 million in the US. I'm not saying any company get's everyone to be a consumer, but I am saying that more people are buying into Disney Products.

ABC alone averages 9.59 million viewers per hour of prime time, for last season. A 2003 Nielsen estimate found that ABC could be seen in 96.75% of all homes in the United States, reaching 103,179,600 households.

112 Million Guests Visited Disney Theme Parks Worldwide.

Disney Princess/Winnie the Pooh toys and merchandise are everywhere.

Then you have the movies Disney is putting out, some of which are major blockbusters.

112Million is nothing compared to 6 Billion.

Everything I've heard says ABC is number 3.

That may be .. but for the week ending May 06 .. They had four shows in the top ten. Fox had three and CBS had three. My guess is that for that week of May sweeps .. they're number 2, maybe even number 1. I'm not sure how the calculations are done.

Shows in Top 20
CBS = 11
ABC = 5
FOX = 3
NBC = 1

By that measure they're second. Albeit a distant second. CBS is dominating right now. Who woulda thunk back when they were the network for Murder She Wrote fans ? Network TV (like the movie business) is very cyclical. Sometimes you're on top, sometimes ... uhh.. not so much.

Here are the weekly TV ratings, by number of viewers.

1. American Idol - Weds (FOX)
2. American Idol - Tues (FOX)
3. Grey's Anatomy (ABC)
4. House (FOX)
5. CSI (CBS)
6. Dancing with the Stars - Mon (ABC)
7. CSI: Miami (CBS)
8. Desperate Housewives (ABC)
9. Dancing with the Stars - Results (ABC)
10. Without A Trace (CBS)
11. NCIS (CBS)
12. Survivor (CBS)
13. Two and a Half Men (CBS)
14. Cold Case (CBS)
15. Criminal Minds (CBS)
16. King of Queens (CBS)
17. CSI: NY (CBS)
18. Shark (CBS)
19. Lost (ABC)
20. Deal or No Deal (NBC)

Network TV is dying. Doesn't network ranking have to do with advertising?

Doesn't network ranking have to do with advertising?
My memory on this is fading but I think that yes it does. And of course, how many advertisers you can get on your shows, and how much they pay to be there, is directly tied to how your shows & network have performed in the most recent ratings; ie: how many eyeballs could you attract to see those show and the ads attached. Something like that.
Network TV is dying.
Dying is definitely a strong term.

I think more accurately put, its evolving and will continue to do so. Network TV has a strong advantage in some key areas and eventually there will be network executives who understand the changing media landscape enough to capitalize on the strengths and minimize the weaknesses better than the current crop of execs.

When I worked at NBC, I was directly involved in some concepts that were never implemented that were pretty cool and groundbreaking ideas. The ol'skool TV execs were threatened by the internet and all things interactive and saw it overall as a distraction from their mainline business objectives. Warren Littlefield and Don Ohlmeyer were particularly dense in these areas in my limited experience. From my exterior perspective, I don't think NBC's Jeff Zucker gets it today either.

Ironically enough, the one NBC executive I encountered who really understood the possibilities of the merging of media was Jamie Tarses. It was one thing she 'got'. But we all know what happened to her...

Too many people see it as TV vs. everything else. It is never as simple as that.

The correct answer is TV + everything else.

Someone will figure that out and do it right eventually. And then it will be the 'cyclical' thing I referred to earlier in this thread. When that happens, industry rags will do stories on the rebirth & resurgence of network television etc.

I have a LIFE Magazine from 1948 that predicts TV will never catch on and never compete with radio effectively and may be doomed to failure. And then I have another article that was published some years later that predicts that 'radio as we know it today is doomed'. That article was written over 25 years ago.

That article actually was right of course, after a fashion at least. Radio did evolve into a completely different animal. Some would argue for the worse. As someone who is a bit a student of media in all its forms and who now works in that same radio business, I agree somewhat. Or at least I long for some of the things that are gone as part of those changes. It's hard to separate the emotional connections.

We went thru this massive automation phase, but then that went away. And most recently, at least stateside, radio went thru the Clear-Channel consolidation phase, but even that now is disappearing as Clear Channel frees itself of hundreds of licenses. The process will create once again, what CC got rid of -- local & regional pockets of ownership. The key to radio is being live and local. National ownership with all kinds of syndicated programming couldn't accomplish those two goals; nor could automation.

I harp on cyclical, but I've seen enough to know that the industry (be it TV, Radio, Movies whatever) is driven in large part by the executive ranks .. and the very nature of the business means those people turn over in big numbers every 10 to 15 years. (often much sooner than that)

And just as the staffing is cyclical, so are these arguments proclaiming the death of any given form of media or delivery method.

Radio was going to be the death of newspapers and record sales. Movies supposedly marked the end of live theatre. Television was going to kill off radio and/or the movies. Cable was going to be the network-tv-killer. Home video was going to ravage the movie industry. Satellite was going to kill cable. Pay Per View was going to kill the home video sales/rental business. TIVO was going to change EVERYTHING.

And of course, computers & the internet were going to team up to kill network AND cable TV, radio, the movies, the music industry, newspapers, magazines, the video rental business, cable TV, satellite, TIVO, your home phone service, Kodak's entire photography business, the adult novelty store, your local grocery store and probably books too!

None of things happened in the dramatic fashion envisioned.

Instead, each has changed the media world in both big and small ways. So I can't honestly think that the internet/iPod/YouTube/whatever will kill network TV. But it sure will change things. That's how it goes.

If you don't like change, stay the heck away from a job in the media industry.

With each introduction of a new media form, or method of delivery, it changed the landscape considerably and sometimes yes even dramatically, but it didn't kill those industries in one fell swoop. Instead, the economics changed, the audience shifted and frequently the size scaled, those who couldn't change or evolve in a profitable fashion failed or were bought, the rest carried on and the industries evolved.

Corporate natural selection if you will; the free market & capitalism in action. The only alternative I can think of is communism. ;)

Network TV, just like radio, movies, newspapers, books and live theatre, ain't dying. It's changing and probably in some pretty substantial ways.

It may not be the network TV we're used to or the one we liked. And in a few years we may not even recognize it all, but it ain't going anywhere.

Knox

Page not found...

Everything I can find online show's that ABC is ranked number 2 out of all the television networks. The most recent data I could find to support this is linked below:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...37.htmlstory?coll=la-headlines-business-enter

ABC is currently in much better shape now, then it was prior to Disney's purchase.

1st..2nd..3rd...4th. Does it really matter? 98% of what they put on TV is crap and that is not just ABC. Better shape now??...not setting the bar too high there.

Ok, some of these are bad movies and some of these are direct to video movies aimed at kids. For example, my daughter likes Bambi II and Mulan II. Just like every major studio they have good and bad movies.

That was just a quick cut and paste if you want a real heart breaking picture you should go back 10 years and look at all of the movies that weren't made by Pixar or had a Pirate in them.

but I am saying that more people are buying into Disney Products.

That is real easy to say now that Disney is operating in more countires...

ABC alone averages 9.59 million viewers per hour of prime time, for last season. A 2003 Nielsen estimate found that ABC could be seen in 96.75% of all homes in the United States, reaching 103,179,600 households.

Those numbers mean nothing..could be seen???? I could be a Polar Bear.

112 Million Guests Visited Disney Theme Parks Worldwide.
...again more countires.

Disney Princess/Winnie the Pooh toys and merchandise are everywhere.
So?

Then you have the movies Disney is putting out, some of which are major blockbusters.

I count 2 maybe 3 in the last 10 years. That is unless you want to count Pixar which Disney litteraly just put them out...distribution.

If you want a real heart breaking picture of how messed up Disney is in the movies you should get AV to post a list of moives that Disney passed on over the years.

but it just sickens me the cocky attitude stemming from some who write their beliefs as facts and that they know how to run Disney. 2nd thought, it is more humorous then anything.
So because you run two shops you can decide the quality of opinions of others - poeple you know nothing about? Pass judgements on people when you haven't even listened to what they've said? Insult people when you don't know a thing about their background?

Funny indead. I never knew selling trinkets made one so knowledgeable about running an entertainment company. I could have saved decades on my career had I just opened up a Starbucks instead of working for movies. It turns out I know nothing after all this time...

Everything I can find online show's that ABC is ranked number 2 out of all the television networks.
Season projectins show ABC coming in third. They spiked early in the current sweeps because of 'Dancing with the Stars' (go figure), but 'Lost' and 'Desperate Housewives' are continuing to slide.

Overall, network television lost over 2.5 million viewers from last spring to this spring. Network television is dying.

Debatable, but it's come becasue ABC has sucked Real Disney bone dry. Nice of them to kill Feature Animation so we can get 'Extereme Home Make-over: Another Celebtrity Putz Goes to the Clink".

Overall, network television lost over 2.5 million viewers from last spring to this spring. Network television is dying.
1st..2nd..3rd...4th. Does it really matter? 98% of what they put on TV is crap and that is not just ABC.

These are the points I gotta rebut on this one.

According to this logic, the motion picture industry died around 1963. In the 1930's and 40's ... attendance at the movies was insane compared to today. The motion picture industry is making more money today off way way way fewer people seeing the movies. But yet movies still get made and some of them at least make a LOT of money. Yes, in part because of the many different revenue streams that other media now provide.

The logic with "Network TV is dying" is flawed. It's not dying. It's changing. It probably won't be as powerful as it once was, but that's true of all media. Historically each new medium or form of distribution goes thru a honeymoon phase where it is powerful and dominant and then over a period of about 50 to 60 years [approx the age of TV as a medium today] it settles to a baseline which will pretty much be its lot in life.

Newspapers don't carry the clout or social impact today that they did in 1910 or 1920. They began to seriously wane in the late 70's and 80's. Yet there are still thousands of daily newspapers all over North American holding their own just fine.

Radio doesn't have the same impact that it did in 1930 or 1940 when people frequently listened with their full attention for HOURS at a time. Today most industry standards track listening in 15 minute blocks and if you get four of those in a row in a passive listening situation, you're considered to be doing very well. Radio lost huge chunks of audience in the late 50's but re-invigorated by the mid to late 60's with the top 40 format. They lost even MORE audience in late 80's and early 90's and never got 'em back. Yet thousands of local radio stations make money and please a sector of audience every year.

Following the two arguments' being presented in this thread to their logical extensions, if network TV doesn't matter, why does it matter they are third or second or even fourth?

I love reading these threads and getting your guys opinions but folks on this forum are experts in shifting the argument. At first Disney/ABC is an utter failure and sucks because they are third. Some evidence is presented they are actually moving in on second place and then argument shifts to "TV is dying so it doesn't matter anyway."

Very smooth btw. ;) Well played sirs.

Either it really does matter that they are third, or why even bring it up as an example of failure if (in your opinion) TV is dying in which case who cares how they rank in that media?

If it's the latter then it seems fair to say that failure in a dying medium is not a valid representation of failure overall. Skip network TV when making the arguments as to why Disney sucks because it obviously can't matter.

If it's the former, then the arguments they are improving are valid counters to the 'they suck cause they are third' argument.

Which is it? :confused3

Knox

Well, I think that's a difference in rhetorical style.

AV: Network TV is dying

Canadian Guy: NEtwork TV isn't dying, it's just going to completely change.

Which is in a sense the same as dying.

Federal law will dictate that some form of OTA television exist for all time.

Also, Newspapers? They are so totally dying. Trust me, in a few years, it's going to be the Wall Street Journal and USA Today. And they'll both be owned by Rupert.

Network broadcast television is based on the concept the networks can serve up tens of millions of eyeballs to big time ad buyers on a neat schedule.

All those eyeballs are gone. The few remaining are zapping commericals either on their DVR or just by using a remote. The ad buyers know this, that's why there not spending money around like they used to.

It's all swell and dandy that ABC can dump re-runs on iTunes for ninety-nine cents - but sales there are a tiny fraction of the $800,000 for a thirty second spot that Ford used to pay for.

The entire business model for network broadcasting has been destroyed. Gone are the days of rolling in cash, in are the days of trying to come up with even cheaper "reality shows" just to try and turn a profit. The network news no longer sets the national agenda, the networks no longer set the nation's veiwing habits, the networks can't even push a series to success ('Studio 60' any one?

Call it what you will, but "network television" in 2007 forward isn't anything like network television in 1977.

And Disney is making a huge mistake by pumping in massive resources to keep ABC alive in a dying industry. Yes, ABC is slightly better than last year, but revenues are still down in the quarterly report. I can understand the executive egos involved - Eisner trying to be the King of All Media, Iger just doesn't know how to do anything but ABC - but that's not a rationale for a business. All this time, all this effort, and they've only been able to produce 3 hit shows in five years ('Lost', 'Desperate Housewives' and 'Greys Anatmoy') and two of those have already peaked and are sliding down hill fast.

And one last point. How come people complain that something like EPCOT isn't "Disney enough", yet scream for joy the 'Desperate Housewives' is such a wonderful thing for Disney? Do people actually care about the products involved, or is the fanbase now so damaged that the success of the brand means more than the actual content of the brand?

Call it what you will, but "network television" in 2007 forward isn't anything like network television in 1977.

And in 1997, it didn't look much like 1977 either. And in 1967 it didn't look like 1957. I think we can completely agree on this. Some have this 'golden era' view of the industry. I do not. It went thru the same honeymoon period of dominance that all media seem to. What I'm hearing from some in this thread is that there is no life for network television in the future. I disagree. Strongly.

I think the economics of television are changing in a grand way and that there will be a grand shake-out on the network TV side of the broadcast industry. From my perspective it's WAY long overdue.

What television is experiencing right now is not unique to media in general or that medium specifically even.. from historical perspective. In the 80's network news bureaus around the world closed as a cost cutting measure because TV wasn't making enough coin to cover the costs. It was the 'end of TV news'. No it was the end of that ERA of TV news. There will never be another Walter Cronkite just like there will never be another Humphrey Bogart or Clark Gable or Betty Grable.

Radio in it's 'golden days' commanded some pretty nice dollars for bringing MILLIONS of pairs of ears to a single given program. Radio doesn't do that like it used to.. but radio networks still exist. Heck, ABC even has an ABC radio network still and it turns a decent coin for the parent company, Disney. How does it do that? In part, by bringing millions of ears to large national programs. The audience size pales in comparison to the medium's 'golden days' but they've figured out how to make what's left, profitable. CBS still has a radio network too. They sold it and bought it back with the Infinity group of companies. And while hurt by the loss of Howard Stern and more recently the Imus fiasco .. it does pretty well too.

Back the 'golden days' of Hollywood they were knocking out 12 "A" movies and 24 "B" movies and some number of C movies every year at the same studio. That was when the average American saw two or three movies a week! Obviously the movie industry had to scale back when their industry shifted. You would knew better than I, but I can't think of a single active studio today with a production slate as aggressive as the 1930's and 1940's.

They had to adjust their business model so it continued to be a profitable one. I remember when MGM literally sold off the studio in bits and pieces at auction... because they couldn't figure it out. 20th Century Fox sold off hundreds of acres of land to stay alive because nobody was going to the movies and in doing so.. created what is now Century City.

Why was nobody going to the movies? TV had fractured their leisure time. The movies in the theatres were uninteresting to the majority of movie-goers.

It was the 'end of Hollywood'.

No, it wasn't. It was the end of THAT era for Hollywood and the birth of a new one. Still seems to be doing ok .. or are you unemployed? I don't get the sense you are.

And Disney is making a huge mistake by pumping in massive resources to keep ABC alive in a dying industry.

Thank god that Warner Brothers, Fox, Columbia, MGM, Disney and others didn't just completely throw in the towel and go home in the late 60's and early 70's when times were really rough for movies. Instead, they pumped massive resources into a dying industry and .. last I checked .. they're still making movies and I would presume money. They couldn't run on debt for 30 years. Had they followed your advice, there might not have been a single movie studio to rail against today. :)

I get what you're trying to say. But you have not yet differentiated for me how this television situation is any different than the historical crisis of audience-reduction and subsequent shake outs in newspaper, radio, movies, live theater and so on. I don't see how it is. What am I missing? (I'm sure you'll tell me ;) )

And one last point. How come people complain that something like EPCOT isn't "Disney enough", yet scream for joy the 'Desperate Housewives' is such a wonderful thing for Disney? Do people actually care about the products involved, or is the fanbase now so damaged that the success of the brand means more than the actual content of the brand?

Well a big difference is that Epcot is part of Walt Disney World. And DH is part of the ABC Television Network. One is clearly branded with the Disney name directly and thus engenders the expectation of a 'Disney' experience. I've never heard of anyone calling it "Disney's Desparate Housewives" in general interest publications. Only rarely in industry rags.

So.. when ABC changes their name to DISNEY NETWORK then you might have an extremely valid point. I think Desparate Housewives is a great thing for ABC. I don't see too many average consumers connect it DIRECTLY to Disney in the manner you are attempting. Is it the best thing on TV? I don't happen to think so... but audiences and at least some critics think it's pretty damned good.

The same argument you are making AGAINST Desparate Housewives could be made against many of the Touchstone or Miramax films at one point or another.

Either Disney is ALL family all the time or they can own some unique divisions generating some more grown-up fare. They've made the choice as to what side of that fence they wanna be on over 25 years ago when Ron Miller put the wheels in motion to create Touchstone. DH is afterall a Touchstone Television production. Regardless, I fail to see how that relates here. If I understood your argument - and maybe I didn't..

Either way, I think that's a separate discussion. Or are we shifting the argument again? :confused3

Knox

Thank god that Warner Brothers, Fox, Columbia, MGM, Disney and others didn't just completely throw in the towel and go home in the late 60's and early 70's when times were really rough for movies.
Where you argument falls down is that what nature of the change. The studious produced content, what changed was the method of distribtuion. People still wanted entertainment, but with the change in technology they wanted it in their living room, not the neighborhood cinema. So studio content changed from theatrical pictures to TV series and home video. It's taken a long time for Hollywood to adjust, but there has always been a demand for the product.

The people who disappeared where the giant motion picture chains and the neighborhood theaters.

Today's equivilant is the broadcast network. A network doesn't provide product - a network is just a distribution system. People still want movies, but they are no longer going to wait for a broadcaster to beam it to their television set. Just as before, the demand is for content remains, but means of getting it are changing.

So far no one has come up with a network type system for new media. There is nothing like ABC's ad time on the Internet. There are no fixed eyeballs with no choice but to watch ads. The entire basis of broadcast television disappears the moment I can zip through the ads.

when ABC changes their name to DISNEY NETWORK then you might have an extremely valid point.
Exactly - most "fans" don't care about Disney any more. They don't care about what Disney used to mean or represent. Disney is just a brand name - an easy mark to say "this stuff is okay to buy". It's a middle class comfort brand that can be slapped on any product, but it means nothing anymore. People are cheering on a corporation irregardless of what's really going on.

So because you run two shops you can decide the quality of opinions of others - people you know nothing about? ".
Did I say that? Don't think so...but if I did please enlighten me!!
Pass judgements on people when you haven't even listened to what they've said?
Uhhh.....yes...I did read many many many posts from several posters to conclude that they project themselves as being wiser and more knowing then the top executives at Disney. If you like I could pull and quote many posts.
Insult people when you don't know a thing about their background?
exactly who did I insult?? Did I pick a specific poster? If I did please quote.

Funny indeed. I never knew selling trinkets made one so knowledgeable about running an entertainment company.
Who sells trinkets?? I am sure this was a feeble stab at trying to insult me. Nice try. Trinkets....LOL!! I guess Pfize, Merck, GlaxoSmithKline and so on are just selling trinkets?? :lmao: what was that you said about "insulting" people you know nothing about?? We call this projection!! And to add....I never said i know how to run an entertainment company. That is my whole argument. I nor most posters here know how to run Disney. But looking at the posts you would never know that. Again..projection!!
I could have saved decades on my career had I just opened up a Starbucks instead of working for movies.
Funny you mention Starbucks. My neighbor didn't graduate from high school. Started a small landscaping business...sold it...and now owns 5 going on 6 and 7, Starbucks. Most down to earth GIRL you would ever meet. Who would of thunk a high school drop out would be able to afford 1.1 million for a house!! Oh, and before you say “we are impressed with your wealthy housing, I will have you know I paid less then half that 10 years ago!!
It turns out I know nothing after all this time...
Sorry that you feel that way. I wish you luck and hope someday you realize your self-worth!! Chow!!

Page not found...
Sorry, I will try this again....

http://www.connectingindustry.com/pdfs/TEA-ERAAttendance06.pdf

1st..2nd..3rd...4th. Does it really matter? 98% of what they put on TV is crap and that is not just ABC. Better shape now??...not setting the bar too high there.

While I do not like most of the shows on ABC, Millions of people would disagree that most of it is crap. That is a personal opinion that you are entitled too.

I'm not setting any bars, but Disney has improved ABC's ratings since taking it over.

That was just a quick cut and paste if you want a real heart breaking picture you should go back 10 years and look at all of the movies that weren't made by Pixar or had a Pirate in them.

Your right some of them are crap (IMO), but that's the difference I've seen with you and me. I can see the good and the bad. All you can seem to focus on is the negative.

That is real easy to say now that Disney is operating in more countries...

Ok, so Disney is expanding its consumer base, don't see how this is a bad thing. Also, I would have to find the specific article, but I think Disney World by itself also hit a new record for attendance.

Those numbers mean nothing..could be seen???? I could be a Polar Bear.

I would argue that those numbers do mean something. The more households you reach, the more likely that some of them will be watching.

Not sure how many more facts I can give you to prove my point. Nelson Ratings Up, Reaching more households then ever, record park attendance at parks......-

Huh?

I count 2 maybe 3 in the last 10 years. That is unless you want to count Pixar which Disney literally just put them out...distribution.

Here are 5 I can think of off the top of my head since 2004:

POTC1
POTC2
Nation Treasure
Wild Hogs
Chronicles of Narnia

112Million is nothing compared to 6 Billion.

Everything I've heard says ABC is number 3.

My point is that if Disney was losing favor with the average consumer, I doubt that attendance/ratings would continue to increase.

Found several reputable sources stating/showing ABC as closer to number 2 then 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter