DISmoms Round TWO! Don't Axe, Don't Tell!! 4/30-5/4/10 updates 9/17

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by podsnel, May 12, 2010.

1. alan_renfroe

alan_renfroe DIS Veteran

Great update Kara & Ellen!!

Kara, I want one of those cucumber margaritas right now. I loves me some tequila!! That flight looked awesome! Flip flops in WS?? Wha?? I would think after all those drinks you would not be feeling any pain whatsover!! :rotfl2:

Ellen, the shrimp ceviche looks absolutely amazing. We have never spent much time in the Mexico pavilion......the Ditch will definitely be on my 'to do' list in the future.

Rosie, how are you my friend? I'm afraid last year's tutu might have to be enlarged a size or two for this year!

Cammie, welcome back! So great to see you on here! What's the deal with the new DIS account?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. alan_renfroe

alan_renfroe DIS Veteran

Happy belated Birthday, Lonnie!!! Yes, I'll have one of everything on this table.

4. karajeboo

karajeboo DISmom by land and by sea!

Well of course it's the best way to start a trip!!! And finish a trip! And all THROUGHOUT the trip!!!!

You are right on track! We've only just begun.... queue Carpenter's music now.....

WHO could EVER be done with WDW???? Sounds like you need new friends!!! :rotfl2:

You picked a perfect time to get back on the DIS! Queue Carpenter's music again.....

Sadly, HMH was never officially spotted. Or unofficially for that matter..... But Ellen did inquire at RR and just by giving the description, found out he's a manager and was on vacation.... :sad2:

Teva mush mouth show off!!!! Glad you're back! ;)

Hot tub? What hot tub? Is that where you girls all went when I was all alone????

It was a rookie mistake. I'm so embarassed! :guilty:

Kids? None of us remembered having kids for FOUR days.....

The cucumber rita was my favorite - I tried the passion fruit, blood orange, and jalapeno (and I really liked that one, too!) but the cuke was my fave!

5. karajeboo

Ole? In Japan? How much DID you drink in the ditch???? :sad2:

6. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Ole is right! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 for the Ditch! Those are some amazing cocktails and those bartenders are kind-of cute. Awesome, awesome update. Good thing you stopped sending me pictures by that point or I would have cried myself to sleep seeing all that yummy tequila go down the hatch. You moms are off to a great start.

Oh - and I love your Epcot picture. Its really beautiful!

7. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Seriously - they made me feel like I was still at home everytime they would turn on MSNBC and start checking stocks on the computer. Ugggghhhhhh! My September trip is a girls only trip! It should be lots of fun. I definitely need a do-over in the Epcot department. I missed a lot.

Not sure where we will stay in May. I was thinking about trying to conserve points a bit and getting a couple studios at OKW. I'll try for BWV or BC at 7 months, but if I can't get it I'll go OKW. I like that the studios have two beds. If my soccer mom friends don't want to go in May maybe I will try to travel solo around the same time the Dismoms return.

8. praisehisname

praisehisname DIS Veteran

Between the massage and the fun at The Ditch, I am beyond green with envy!!! You girls sound like a party waiting to happen!:rotfl:

9. manntra

manntra DIS Veteran

Ohhhh The Ditch :lovestruc
    We had a pretty big dismeet there on the 5th....I had the blood orange and the classic....Soooooo good. I had a habanero one at the stand in DTD and that was good too. I think I will try them all in October :rotfl2: Well it IS food and wine ;)

Tracy

10. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Great update Ellen !! The food looks awesome and the drinks too !!!Sorry I have not been around much I am working almost non stop and am at the moment at work !!! Trouble with Dissing at work is I have to keep stopping to WORK:lmao:

11. anewmac

anewmac Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

oh ya.. I can totally see the "arm twisting" to get you to drink with the bday girl LOL

12. Tinks "SS"

Tinks "SS" DIS Veteran

AHHH, i hope i have as great a time on my BFF trip at the end of june. We only have one park day and trying to figure out which one to do. right now we are thinking HS but may have to change it. Love the updates and please keep them coming!popcorn::

13. mousetravel

mousetravel DIS Veteran

Joining in on your TR! But I was curious as the story of you moving back to SC? Maybe I missed it if it was mentioned somewhere. I live in SC, so was just wondering. I would love to live closer to Florida, but at least you can do the drive from here to WDW in one day.

14. Stefy

Stefy Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Oh wow that food looks yumma and those shots and cocktails, yes please :teeth:

15. AlohaAnnie

AlohaAnnie DIS Veteran

:goodvibesLooks like all of you had so much fun!! Can't wait to read more about the trip!

;)

16. karajeboo

And yes, it's only the beginning!!!!

We were a party happening the whole time!!!!

What better place to have a DISmeet than the Ditch!!! Guess that's why we were always so happy there!

I think you have your priorities wrong Rosie!!!

I, of course, was hiding in the back doing crossword puzzles and drinking chocolate milk out of a twisty straw. Love those crazy straws, chocolate milk looping all around!!!

I would recommend Epcot..... guess why???? ;)

We moved to FL almost 3 years ago from Spartanburg and we're being transferred BACK there!!! Closing on new house is scheduled for Monday so keep your fingers crossed!!!

I didn't try the food, don't know what I was thinking, but the drinks (chocolate milk, of course) was great!

Did we have fun??? Can you say DISmoms Round THREE for 2011?????? :banana:

17. kid-at-heart

kid-at-heart DIS Veteran

18. podsnel

podsnel <font color=blue>just skippin' around, amusing mys

You KNOW how much I drank in that Ditch- and it wasn't through any twisty straw, either!!

And thanks for running on water for me. I had your chocolate milk waiting for you, and I HATE when you have to drink it warm! :rolleyes2

19. karajeboo

20. mousetravel

mousetravel DIS Veteran

Oh, then you'll be about an hour from me! How neat! I've been to Spartanburg several times. I love to go to the Beacon and the Disney Outlet at the Disney Distribution Center not far from there.

21. podsnel

podsnel <font color=blue>just skippin' around, amusing mys

Jalepeno Ritas and chocolate milk :rolleyes: in hand, we headed over to Tokyo Dining for our ADR.

[​IMG]

Some people were enjoying their chocolate milk a little too much already-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I headed up the stairs to the restaurant....only to be STOPPED by some other DISmoms who insisted we needed to check-in at the little podium at the bottom of the stairs-

[​IMG]

So I waited in line.....and then was told "Oh no...so sorry...you check in upstairs!"

The lovely woman who crowned me smartest DISmom-
    [​IMG]

As we waited for our table, we finished our Ritas in Japan- is it WRONG to drink a Rita in Japan? O-FREAKIN-LAY, it's just FINE!! :rotfl: When we were seated, Kara followed her...ahem...chocolate milk with this suspiciously non-chocolatey drink-

Hey! Where's Kara's Twisty Straw????
    [​IMG]

Joan & I got Sake flights-

I just LOVE the friendly skies!!
    [​IMG]

We were sticking with our let's order more appys plan- and while we waited for the sake to kick in, Kara teased us with an upcoming tale (or is it tail???)

There once was a doggie named Bucky

[​IMG]

Who considered himself kind of lucky
    He had a fifth leg
    And he didn't beg
    To get rid of that fifth was quite plucky. :faint:

FWIW...if this weren't the DISboards, I think I'd write this limerick a little differently, mainly the second line. But I'm keepin it clean! Well, as clean as any Bucky story can be....:rolleyes1

The DISmoms contemplate Bucky's plight-
    [​IMG]

Finally our food came-I had a Dynamite roll, which was a California roll with wasabi mayo sauce topped with salmon, tuna, yellowtail, scallion & spicy green smelt roe-

[​IMG]

Kara had a spicy tuna crunch roll-

[​IMG]

Cammie & Joan had tempura -

[​IMG]

Lonnie & Pam wanted to have Teriyaki Chicken from the kids menu (yes, you CAN!)

[​IMG]

While we were dining, Illuminations began. Cammie ran out to watch (did Pam go too?) and the rest of us stayed inside and watched-

[​IMG]

Even though we were not right next to the window, we could still see very well (we were the next row over from the windows). Ya know, I was actually pretty impressed by the view from up in the restaurant- I could, for the first time, actually make out the images in the earth as it floated by- it was beautiful! I even saw the I love Lucy part!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think next time I'm in Epcot for Illuminations, I may actually try to watch from the stairs and see how that is.

Cammie returned, and it was time for another freebie- Loni's chocolate ginger cake happy birthday serenade!

Doesn't she look so happy the restaurant made a fuss?? She just craves the spotlight, the big ham! :rotfl: ;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cont'd next post-