DISmoms Round TWO! Don't Axe, Don't Tell!! 4/30-5/4/10 updates 9/17

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by podsnel, May 12, 2010.

1. CRdisMom

CRdisMom DIS Veteran

rosie that sounds DEVINE!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. anewmac

anewmac Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

tea sounds just heavenly! how fun and girly to do! I would love to do that next time but my boys too would never go with me or hubby LOL

4. Wicket's Mom

Wicket's Mom DIS Veteran

Thanks for the trifle recipe. I will be making it in a couple of weeks for a ladies thing that I'm attending. This sounds perfect.

5. CRdisMom

CRdisMom DIS Veteran

okay what do you actually book for the tea? I can't find it

6. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

I can answer that! :goodvibes I've been lurking here...:laughing: You can't book it online (which is SILLY!) you have to call. Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea. The CM I booked it with most recently called it something crazy, like "Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea SNACK". But, they should know what you are talking about no matter what. :thumbsup2

7. WannaBeADisMom

WannaBeADisMom WDW...it's my "happy place"....

You can't book it online.....I called 1-800-WDW-DINE and asked for tea in the Garden View TeaRoom at the GF. I had to call back a couple times to get a reservation during our week. Good luck!

After I posted, I noticed that BrookeElizabeth answered your question. I should read all posts before answering! Silly me!

8. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Thanks Rosie! The trifle looks delicious! I'll have to try it for sure!

9. CRdisMom

CRdisMom DIS Veteran

knew you guys would know...thanks.

10. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

I am all caught up and I must say that tea at the GF looks devine! That china is so pretty and the pastries are to die for. Since I am the mother of only smelly boys I guess I will have to rely on a girls only trip for a visit there. Looks lovely!

Ellen - I hope you are having a great time at HH. OBX was great and the crabcakes were stellar. Almost everyone in our group ordered them and we loved them!!!!! :love::love::love: Thanks for the tip. Other than that we cooked in every night, except the adults ventured out to Aqua S in Duck. That was also pretty good, but nowhere near as good as the crabcakes. YUM!

Looking forward to some HH tales!

11. knewton64

knewton64 - May the luck of the Irish always be with you -

.....never walk up Dunns Rivers Falls (Ocho Rios Jamaica) while wearing flip flops!

DOH!!!!!!!!:rolleyes1

(I will never do that again! OUCH!!!!)

P.S. my High Tea evening at WDW? It will be a WDW rice Krispy treat (dipped in chocolate and covered with Orea sprinkles) and Guiness beer......at Ragland Road; either Nov 1st of Nov 2nd per my below listed trip report

I AM SOOOOO BAD (but hey I walk on ave 8 to 9 miles miles a day while at WDW) so lookout world cuz I just booked 9 nights in Ireland.....June 11th!

12. karajeboo

karajeboo DISmom by land and by sea!

I'm sorry that it's just lil ole me. I haven't met a Top Chef, I'm not currently basking in Hilton Head, and I don't even have a single ticker right now!

But I do have pics of this!!!

[​IMG]

I was lucky enough to enjoy the GF Afternoon Tea with Ally back in September. It was so awesome, she even drank with her pinky out!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But this time would be different. At least I hoped nobody would spill hot chocolate down the front of their Sleeping Beauty Dress! Joan!!!! :rotfl2:

Well, as you can see, Joan's purty dress has no hot chocolate stains. Maybe a margarita stain from earlier, but I'll never tell!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think what I love most is the decor. It is so perfectly proper. From the flowers....

[​IMG]

To the china....

[​IMG]

To the DISmoms!!!!

[​IMG]

Here's to a fabulous trip, Ladies!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ellen is so right (shhhh, don't let her know I EVER said that!) - sandwiches with no crusts are so delectable! See? I even talk proper when referring to finger sandwiches. And surprisingly enough, it is more than enough food!

[​IMG]

OMG! The scone.... melt in your mouth heaven! And the tart? Even better!!!

[​IMG]

Last time I had the swan and some chocolate decadence, so this time I decided to try something different!

[​IMG]

It was my favorite part of the trip - except for Lonnie not being there. But the atmosphere and the whole "look at us at afternoon tea" thing! HOpefully next year we can plan it BEFORE Lonnie has to leave!

Up next, my FAVORITE meal of the trip and one of my favorites EVER at WDW!

13. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Kara, I am so glad you posted more pictures of the GF tea because I don't think you can ever see enough of those. Everything looks simply scrumptious. Now I REALLY want to go to tea!

14. WannaBeADisMom

I only have a few that aren't duplicates of Kara and Ellen's pics...

The beautiful garden view....
    [​IMG]

Our place setting....
    [​IMG]

LOVE this china, oh so pretty....
    [​IMG]

15. lauren_elizabeth

lauren_elizabeth Disney World Lover

Call me crazy, but I totally caught up on this trip report last night... ALL OF IT... thanks to those handy dandy links! :thumbsup2

I wish I had a daughter to do the tea with one afternoon. Maybe my mom, sister and I can do it on our family trip next year? Yeahhhh! I think we can do that! Jake can stay with the men folk.

Looking forward to hear about Kara's FAVORITE MEAL IN ALL OF THE WORLD!

16. CRdisMom

CRdisMom DIS Veteran

Love the band aids on the toes..:rotfl2: Must have been from the race

I GOT Ressies for the tea on my birthday:cool1::banana: Thanks guys!

17. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Love the new Tea Pix Kara !!I reallywant to do this !! Maybe I could take the Girls on their 16th birthday trip and let Judy do something with Kyle !!!!:rotfl2:

18. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Very Cute, Laura! Worth the blue hands, I think! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the warning! We will be doing that in Oct! What should we do, water socks?:confused:

19. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Kara! Thanks for posting the fun pics of your tea with Ally! It was fun to remember. I think I like her bracelet as much as her hat!:goodvibes You got some fun pics of the DISmoms too!

We can't have it all - You are the Upgrade Queen, and Ellen has her Chef Celebrity - goes on all the fabulous vacations status. Both as impressive!

20. WannaBeADisMom

:lovestrucI love, LOVE, LOVE these shirts and (now that I'm HOOKED on the DISboards--thank you very much, Ellen:hug:--I feel the need to make family shirts for our trip in Oct/Nov. Did I read somewhere that to make the Mickey, you traced it on the shirt and stitched around it in dental floss, or was I sipping too much chocolate milk? Please share your technique....they are adorable!:goodvibes

21. podsnel

podsnel <font color=blue>just skippin' around, amusing mys

It is POURING here in HHI!!! Really, really coming down. So sad vacation is nearly over, we leave tomorrow afternoon. :sad1: Joan- when I made the tie dyes here a few years back, we made the Mickey with 3 rubber bands. See ya soon!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]