DISmoms Round TWO! Don't Axe, Don't Tell!! 4/30-5/4/10 updates 9/17

it is never a dull day when you are with the DISMOMs....love it

Kara--if your signature gets any longer it may take up its own page ;)

OOps! We missed you! :hug: Yes, it's never dull...actually, dull is the very last thing I would ever think to call a trip with these women! :faint:

Hey ladies, great updates. I have been gone for a while, back and shoulder problems, and it has been hard to get computer time around here since the kids are always on since they are on summer vacation.

I do so love to read your reports and am all caught up now. So, Ellen, I found someone for you . . . . . . . . It is Hottie McHottie! :banana::banana::banana: And, me. :laughing:

IMG_0488_edited-1.jpg

All caught up !!! Why was Ellen kissing monkeys????????

Why does Ellen do anything she does? :confused3 I'm not sure but it sure makes MY life more entertaining!

Hey ladies, great updates. I have been gone for a while, back and shoulder problems, and it has been hard to get computer time around here since the kids are always on since they are on summer vacation.

I do so love to read your reports and am all caught up now. So, Ellen, I found someone for you . . . . . . . . It is Hottie McHottie! :banana::banana::banana: And, me. :laughing:

IMG_0488_edited-1.jpg

Ohhhhhh, the HOTNESS is back!!!!

Why does Ellen do anything she does? :confused3 I'm not sure but it sure makes MY life more entertaining!

Ohhhhhh, the HOTNESS is back!!!!

Aren't YOU the one who told me to kiss the monkey??????? HMMMMMM?????:rolleyes1

After catching up.....isn't Boma just as delicious for breakfast as it is for dinner?!! And those eggs.....I HAVE to eat there every trip....the recipe for the juice is somewhere online...I tried making it once and would have been better with half vodka :rotfl2: I am so not good at following directions!! :sad2: If I have room I mention the zebra domes too...they have always been accommodating and brought them out and only once were they not frozen :thumbsup2
I ended up buying that same D&B later in the week...and the wristlet :rolleyes1 A perfect home for my iPhone when I need to get away from Vera ;)
And I can't believe I missed your dance recital!!! I think it was right after I was there....I was enjoying my Lost on Safari watching everyone so I think you were in the next group :) Did I hear mention of a video of this too??? :goodvibes

Tracy

After catching up.....isn't Boma just as delicious for breakfast as it is for dinner?!! And those eggs.....I HAVE to eat there every trip....the recipe for the juice is somewhere online...I tried making it once and would have been better with half vodka :rotfl2: I am so not good at following directions!! :sad2: If I have room I mention the zebra domes too...they have always been accommodating and brought them out and only once were they not frozen :thumbsup2
I ended up buying that same D&B later in the week...and the wristlet :rolleyes1 A perfect home for my iPhone when I need to get away from Vera ;)
And I can't believe I missed your dance recital!!! I think it was right after I was there....I was enjoying my Lost on Safari watching everyone so I think you were in the next group :) Did I hear mention of a video of this too??? :goodvibes

Tracy

The wristlet, too? NICE! :thumbsup2 And I was very offended you did not attend either of my performances- oh, wait, I still need to write about them... And no, there is no video. THAT video I wouldn't mind sharing. :rolleyes: There were a lot of pics taken, as I recall- maybe if you look at them really fast, it will look like I'm dancing- ya know, like a cartoon which is pretty much what I felt like that day.:upsidedow

If I told you to jump off a bridge, would you do that too? Wait! Don't answer that!!!! :rotfl2:

It depends- would you be jumping with me? Will you go first so I can change my mind after you have jumped? How high is the bridge? Am I sober when we are jumping? I really don't see any bridge antics without cocktails being involved....:rolleyes1

Our first order of business upon entering Animal Kingdom was getting onto EE...well, actually, the first order of business was me being denied access to the park with my once again unfunctioning AP, but I digress....We really needed to get Joanie on EE- she had only been on once before I think, and found the ride to be freakishly frightening. :confused3 This from the girl who could ride RnR all day long. Soooo....Kara, Pam & I went to ride. Cammie & Lonnie said no way Jose. :sad2: The whole time in line, the three of us really talked up how this was just a big version of BTMRR. Nothing to be afraid of. We waited for our ride....

2010_0504dismoms2010water0142.jpg

2010_0504dismoms2010water0143.jpg

2010_0504dismoms2010water0144.jpg

And the wait was not all that bad. We sat in the back car, I think....and started the chug up the big hill for a very scenic view. Except....

Ok- you are DISers...and WE are DISers...and as good, obsessed DISers, we all know that there is one thing- one very BIG thing- that makes EE especially terrifying. It has nothing to do with the Yeti, or with riding backwards in the dark. It has to do with the dreaded, God awful photos we have all seen of what happens when EE malfunctions. And the ride stops. And you have to climb out of your car....and WALK ALL THE WAY BACK DOWN FLORIDA'S HIGHEST MOUNTAIN.:scared1:. Well.....

We stopped. And innocent unknowing Joanie just sat there with a big 'ol smile on her face admiring the view. Pam seemed fine, too- maybe she hasn't seen the God awful photos of the dreaded downward spiraling climb. But Kara and me?? Yea, you know what I'm talkin' about. :scared: We got freaked. We didn't say anything, we just gave each other the all-knowing, "I wish I was a clueless Disney moron oh crap, what if we have to do THE WALK".

And the ride started up again. And stopped for an inordinately LONG TIME at the broken track.

:scared1: :scared: :scared1: :scared:

ANd then....dropped us like a stone backwards at an alarming rate into what was sure to be catastrophic oblivion.

I am telling you, that ride was going waaaaaaaay faster than normal, trying to make up for lost time. While innocent Joanie was all SH*** & Giggles, WHEEEEEEE this is FUN!, Kara and I were....not so much. I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo freaked out. SO freaked out. Kara- the same. Pam? I think she was obliviously happy. We were shaking getting off- man, that was one SCARY ride! But Joanie? She was all smiles and "that's nothing!!! What was I afraid of???"

2010_0504dismoms2010water0146.jpg

Don't worry, Joanie- we were scared enough for EVERYONE!!!

Up next....I am the STAR of EVERYTHING!!!!!!:yay:

It depends- would you be jumping with me? Will you go first so I can change my mind after you have jumped? How high is the bridge? Am I sober when we are jumping? I really don't see any bridge antics without cocktails being involved....:rolleyes1

NO. No. VERY high. Of course not! Does that answer your questions?

For the first time ever, I did not like EE! Yes, I admit it. I WAS SCARED!!!! :scared1: Roller coasters are supposed to be scary going DOWNhill, not UPhill! Didn't dig it at all.

ImportedPhotos00088.jpg

ImportedPhotos00089.jpg

ImportedPhotos00090.jpg

ImportedPhotos00091.jpg

I believe it was about right here in the queue that EE has that STUPID bell hanging that everyone from 5-95 has to stop and ring!!! Drives me nuts!!!! Ellen, did you ring that bell? Or was it Joan????

"You can ring my beh eh ell, ring my bell....." OK, name the artist and win something REALLY cool from me!!!!

Never have I gotten off EE and had the shakes. Maybe it was just because I didn't have any choco milk yet. But I still think it was from the uphill standstill.

Have I mentioned Ellen likes monkeys?

ImportedPhotos00093.jpg

There was only one way to stop the shakes, right???

ImportedPhotos00095.jpg

Oh yeah........

It's so much better to be oblivious sometimes. :rotfl: Hope the choco milk got rid of the shakes. :thumbsup2

I haven't ridden EE it a couple of years. We didn't do AK this last trip and the 2 trips before that it was down.

And I was very offended you did not attend either of my performances- oh, wait, I still need to write about them... And no, there is no video. THAT video I wouldn't mind sharing. :rolleyes: There were a lot of pics taken, as I recall- maybe if you look at them really fast, it will look like I'm dancing- ya know, like a cartoon which is pretty much what I felt like that day.:upsidedow
I'll be happy to provide photos....THAT one I did pay attention to! You were a rock star that day in AK, that's for sure!:banana:

The thing is, Kara may have suggested the first kiss (and bridge jump) but then you kept kissin' them and kissin' them! All over the place....I think you might have even kissed that beautiful baby gorilla in MEK's report!!!! :rotfl2:

ImportedPhotos00093.jpg

ImportedPhotos00095.jpg

Oh yeah........

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

you are some wild and crazy girls......

I have never seen the pics of the dreaded downhill climb, but I can imagine how awful it would be. :scared1: So glad you didn't have to go through that!

I have never seen the pics of the dreaded downhill climb, but I can imagine how awful it would be. :scared1: So glad you didn't have to go through that!

I have pictures of that on my FB!!! My niece and I did the walk last October....it was okay for the first 5 minutes of being stuck....looking around...wow there is AKV....the backside workings of Kali....you can really see a lot. Then after about 10 minutes (mind you it was super hot) some CM's came up and told us we would have to get out of the train! :eek: I was trying to be brave and strong for my niece...it was awkward getting out of the train and pretty scary but the walk was fun. And we rode it later in the day ;)

Love the monkey shot Ellen!!! :cool1:

Tracy

Omg, I am too chicken to even ride EE. I can't even imagine being stuck on there or having to walk down from there. My legs are shakey just thinking about it! Glad you found some chocolate milk to make it all better. :thumbsup2

I suppose...then the answer is NO.

For the first time ever, I did not like EE! Yes, I admit it. I WAS SCARED!!!! :scared1: Roller coasters are supposed to be scary going DOWNhill, not UPhill! Didn't dig it at all.

ImportedPhotos00088.jpg

ImportedPhotos00089.jpg

ImportedPhotos00090.jpg

ImportedPhotos00091.jpg

I believe it was about right here in the queue that EE has that STUPID bell hanging that everyone from 5-95 has to stop and ring!!! Drives me nuts!!!! Ellen, did you ring that bell? Or was it Joan????

I don't believe I was the bell ringer. Or maybe I was. It's all a little sketchy due to the abject terror I suffered after the bell ringing. I'm in my happy place now.....

"You can ring my beh eh ell, ring my bell....." OK, name the artist and win something REALLY cool from me!!!!

Anita Ward! What do I win???:banana:

Never have I gotten off EE and had the shakes. Maybe it was just because I didn't have any choco milk yet. But I still think it was from the uphill standstill.

He was my first monkey EVER. And he was not my last....

ImportedPhotos00093.jpg

ImportedPhotos00095.jpg

Oh yeah........

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: I even made Pods read that!

It's so much better to be oblivious sometimes. :rotfl: Hope the choco milk got rid of the shakes. :thumbsup2

I haven't ridden EE it a couple of years. We didn't do AK this last trip and the 2 trips before that it was down.

Ignorance IS bliss.....

The thing is, Kara may have suggested the first kiss (and bridge jump) but then you kept kissin' them and kissin' them! All over the place....I think you might have even kissed that beautiful baby gorilla in MEK's report!!!! :rotfl2:

Hey! He brought me a LOTTA Disney MOJO!!! Kissing monkeys for luck is a GOOD thing!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

you are some wild and crazy girls......

Well, it sure beats sittin' around watchin Kara braid her chin hair!! :rotfl:

Us too!!! I saw it a while back- maybe it was even Tracy who posted it. But I KNOW that I never want to post that...I am sooo afraid of heights, I would have to sit on every step the whole walk down.

I have pictures of that on my FB!!! My niece and I did the walk last October....it was okay for the first 5 minutes of being stuck....looking around...wow there is AKV....the backside workings of Kali....you can really see a lot. Then after about 10 minutes (mind you it was super hot) some CM's came up and told us we would have to get out of the train! :eek: I was trying to be brave and strong for my niece...it was awkward getting out of the train and pretty scary but the walk was fun. And we rode it later in the day ;)

Love the monkey shot Ellen!!! :cool1:

Tracy

Did you post it on someone's TR, too? Because I know I saw them on the DIS. Prior to seeing them, it never even occured to me that it could happen. Ignorance WAS bliss! And I am very IMPRESSED that you held it together climbing out and walking down. AND that you went on later!! I think that would have been it for me.:faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter