DISmoms 4 - The Hunt for Jack Sparrow

Better late than never. Great report so far ladies! Can't wait for the rest.

And wasn't the wine bar wonderful? Loved it and can't wait to go back in October! :goodvibes

Ellen I am loving the pixs of ALK! I can't wait until our Sept trip, first time to AKL for us! Are those lights like Chilhuley's work?

As God is my witness, I won't be margarita less ever again! I will make it to the ditch this trip!:woohoo:

I just love to see you women having such a good time together.;)

I hope you love AKL as much as we do!! I don't think the lights are Chihuley- those are much more abstract and all glass. They are impressive nonetheless!!

Yea- the Ditch is a MUST DO. EVERY trip, kids or not- they have to go cups, so no worries there.

And thanks- we love having a good time together, glad it shows!:goodvibes

Headed for the Wine Bar...ladies after my own heart...the Cabernet Sauvignon..with the black berry fruit and dark chocolate description...looks and sounds heavenly. I do want to ask three questions though if you gals don't mind sharing. Was this a pairing for the food or a wine sampler set? How much did the set cost?...not worried about price, but want to compare to here in Japan.

Hi Tokyo! :) They offer wine flights at alot of the signature restaurants- so this was not paired with food, it was a choice between 5 or so different flights. And that wine is HEAVENLY. Seriosly- complex and delicious- everything else paled by comparison. I believe their's was $15 and mine was $18 (more expensive because of that missing virgin).

Last question...what kind of glasses were the wines served in? Looks like they were all served in the same size glass( maybe white wine glasses).
Don't mean for that to sound snobbish...I mean I will drink my wine out of a red solo cup if thats all thats available, but I do prefer Burgandy style glass for reds...for me it makes a big difference.

Anyway let's get to the bar in Italy.:rolleyes1

Yes, they are all served in the same white size glass- I think that's the only way for them to all fit on the tray they bring them out in. I agree- the right glass does make a difference- especially when you swirl it around. Can't catch quite as much air in the white glass.

Well....not really. We actually passed by the bar (sorry, Drea) and did THIS instead-
THATS IT I have put my foot down, I can not handle your lack of disrespect for those of us not on vacation. 1st you dont drink all your absolut, now you pass by a bar... thats it.. I have made the decission.. next Dismoms meet Im there.. show you people how you really get down!

Well, that's IT- the quote that started the whole ball rolling for DISmoms 5!! can't wait!!!:banana:

We all decided to meet up in Norway to ride it like a Viking before going to our main destination- MEXICO!! For Drinko de Mayo!!!
ha I call it Cinco De Drinko!

well- that explains alot about the level of our celebrating that day- we started calling it Drinko de Mayo after I read a text from YOU! Can't imagine how I messed the quote up! :rolleyes1

But, I gave all those bartenders Flashy Ritas before I sat down.
read that fast thought you said you flashed the bartenders lolWhich they really liked alot.
im sure they would have like what I read more ... just sayingBut I think Joe Blacksockswithsneakers sitting across the aisle from me really liked it.....
think if he saw El flashing her Rita's to the bartenders how he would have reacted

OMGEEEEEE!!!!!! :scared1: :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am REALLY looking forward to next year- my guess is my cheeks are REALLY gonna hurt after a week with you! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I always enjoy reading your reports. Good news for us DH and I are going down in Oct for food and wine. Going to be sad without kids though.

Oh, I remember feeling that way on our first trip w/o kids. It turned out to be a wonderful time for the two of us! It will be different for sure - you make different choices about what you will do, but it opened up a whole new appreciation of Disney for us - there are so many adult things to do - proving there really is something for everyone! Have a wonderful time - that is one of my goals for the next couple of years - food &Wine :thumbsup2

Yippee everyone is together. I see shirts with something like ditch lovers or ditch tour something like that. I know it needs work--but hey its early.

I'm with you all. I'm an early riser at WDW. I can't sleep in. There is fun to be had and you can sleep when you are dead

I can sleep in sometimes- but I agree- sleep when you're dead! :rotfl: Or at least when you go home! Naps are a nice part of vacation, though- not that I took any on this one...

And I do love my wine! I need to branch out more and try different kinds. I stick to my beloved whites. I've only ever tried a sweet RED wine. What do you recommend?

Merlot is also considered beginner red wine- it has very low tannins (the tea-like sensation in the back of your mouth you get from red wine) and is not high in acidity. It's very smooth.

My sister and her family stayed in a GV there last year. The pictures alone are amazing!!! They absolutely loved it!!! You'll have a great time!

EXCELLENT!! :banana: Thanks! I am thinking it will be hard to leave the room, and easy to go back to it, which will be great for my MIL! :goodvibes

Just make sure to use the right glass with the right wine:thumbsup2

We are having a wine party tonight at my house...all you ladies are invited. just jump on a plane and get here before 6. I will take you to Disney SEA tomorrow.:banana:

Hey! You never picked me up at the airport!! What the heck??:eek:

Oh my gosh, I just read!!! How awful!! Sounds like a disaster. I can only imagine how those teachers must have been feeling, let alone the kids yeah it's nice and all to make it up and go a later date but now that's an entire day of school that was missed for nothing!

The kids were really fine- they are going back this week and it's all being picked up by the ferry company- including the buses and the ice cream. It all worked out in the end-:thumbsup2

MMM, Ritas and vino, and cupcakes! What a way to start a DIS mom trip off! The only thing i haven't seen so far is a pic of Ellen kissing a monkey?!? I also expected to see some dancing there with the parade in SAANA.

Kara - I was humming the song to myself! Can't give up all my secrets! Do the hustle! Da da da da...

We saw no monkeys (other than Kara) until later in the trip- sorry! And no dancing at Sanaa...but maybe you'll see us dance later in the trip.....:rolleyes1

So glad I found this report! I had contemplated crashing your little party, but alas I was cruising myself May 9-14, had a conference in Orlando May 14-17, and Mom came down for a visit May 24-29. There was no way this old body could handle anything else!

So cool Disney can make little Hidden Mickey's in the water with lemon and lime slices even!

Ready to hear more about your crazy adventures!

Hey there! :goodvibes Sorry we missed you! Waht cruise were yu on?

I'm so in on this:), looks like a blast ladies!!:yay:

Hi and welcome! :)

Did someone forget the corkscrew and thats the reason we cant get inside the wine bar?:confused3

Geez- apparently we're locked out! :scared1: :rotfl: J?K- just been busy- it's the end of our school year here, and I'm a PTA President, so I've had somewhere to be everyday- that's all. Kara's been crazy too- I'll try to update soon!

How fun! Looking forward to the rest of the trip report!

Thanks and welcome!! :flower3:

Oops! Sliding in a lttle late, but I'm checking in! Now to catch up...

Hi Tammie! :hug: Glad you found us! I know you have been INSANELY busy lately- how's Arizona?

Hi, I'm new here. I've been enjoying reading this TR. I found it after reading Kara's two TR's. (Had fun reading those Kara!)
Sorry but I'm having trouble keeping track of who is who.....so many blondes!
Am I posting to Ellen's post and photos above? I went back to page 2 or 3 and looked at the group photo to try and memorize who is who. Maybe when one of you posts another group photo in the future you could say who's who again?

Hi! You are posting to me, Ellen-

176.jpg

I am in the blue shirt in the corner. On your left, my right, is Lonnie. Lonnie was my MOH, one of my little sisters in my sorority, and my roomate for a year in college- she is not really on the DIS, but when she is, she is GroovyLZ. On my left (your right) is her friend from home, Pam, who we had never met before. On Lonnie's right is Joan- wannabeadismom. Joan is lives in my town and is one of my closest friends. Next to her is Cammie, CamDisMom- we met her on the Disboards 5 years ago! THIS is Kara-

242.jpg

Her photo explains enough. :rotfl:

Just wanted to comment on 3 things:
I'm always amazed at the longer wait times for Soarin in WDW, compared to DCA. I hope you get nice short lines,even for FP while in CA. Have a great time in SF and at Yosemite too!

Thank-you!!! I am really looking forward to it!

I have yet to make a rope drop!! It is a dream and goal to make it someday.
I think it will have to be a trip without my kids.....and maybe without my husband too. Teenagers are very hard to wake up!!

Yes they are- my DS15 doesn't want to go to bed at night, but he would sleep all day if I'd let him! Not that I was any different when I was 15!

And one more thing. I'm guessing you probably know this as you've been to WDW many more times than I. With regards to your dropped danish:sad2:
Did you know that if you drop your food or drink, WDW will replace it for free? No questions asked, and don't wait in line again. Just go to a Pick-UP window and tell them you dropped, or spilled, your food, and they will replace it with a smile.

Yes- thanks :hug:- I do know- but I was feeling stupid and Joan went and did that for me. I am just not myself until I've had my coffee!!

Can't wait to see what happens next!
Shanna

shes a hoot huh.. You should ask her about the golf tournament she's doing in holland for her hole in ones!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Better late than never. Great report so far ladies! Can't wait for the rest.

And wasn't the wine bar wonderful? Loved it and can't wait to go back in October! :goodvibes

YES! The new winebar is great! No shortage of wine OR handsome waiters in there!!:dance3:

Hi Ellen! Yes, we were really busy! Actually, we don't move to AZ until September! This "move" was to move all of our stuff out into storage and move our travel trailer into our own driveway, and to move our son and his family out of his house and into ours! They've sold their home and are renting ours for a couple of years.

We will visit AZ again at the end of June over my birthday weekend! :yay:

Okay, now that I'm caught up - I am so enjoying your tag team posting with Kara Jean! How cool that you are meeting up with your DIS fan club members!

I, like Drea am a little surprised about the drinks you are passing up, but I'm sure you will make up for it! ;)

Mmm, I had a very wonderful cab especially chosen for me at Boma when we ate there for dinner - I wonder if it was the one offered in the flight? I'm def going to look for that "virgin" red when we've moved to a real place. I guess they have a really great wine bar in Phoenix that does Friday tastings that are not to be missed!

Ok, KJ! Love the anorexic photo! :rotfl2: I'm sure that pose just got Mr. Black Sox even more hot under the collar! :lmao:

It is so fun to see all of you getting together and having such a great time! I am hoping one of these days the timing will be right to join you! Nice to see Cammie is back in the gang - it looked a little empty without her last year!:grouphug:

ELLEN! You have to tell me when you are at DL! I will be a 4 hr drive away from there! I would love to pop over and see you!:banana:

Not long after we walked in and were seated at a VERY large table, Kara joined us. :goodvibes We were all so, SO happy- we were complete! I believe I actually cried when she came in- :love:

Anyway....we were PARCHED after that marathon run around the lake, so we placed our order with our very handsome waiter-

179.jpg

who looks aLOT like my boys' baseball coach, Jason (I have told Jason this- he knows once the season starts again I am taking his pic so you can compare. He thinks I'm kidding when I tell him this, but I'm not. And, in all honesty, I have to admit, Jason is even hotter than our waiter. i LOVE baseball!! :rotfl:). We decided to order a bottle of Soave. Lonnie got Sangria. And we ordered some small plates. We were all pretty happy.

180.jpg

Kara & me? We were just like peas and carrots all over again-

181.jpg

182.jpg

We decided to share a bunch of stuff.

183.jpg

Carciofi - Olive Oil marinated artichokes - $9.00

184.jpg

Panini - On ciabatta baguette with arugula salad. $8 per one/$12 per two. Prosciutto di Parma, Finocchiona, Bufala Mozzarella and Pomodoro or Robiola and white truffle crema - $8.00 (this is the second one)

185.jpg

Insalata Di Mare Trapanese - Shrimp, squid, octopus, lemon, extra virgin olive oil - $11.00

186.jpg

Polenta Funghi e Fontina - Soft Polenta, mushrooms, fontina cheese - $7.00

187.jpg

There were more, but others have the pics.

This was just a few days after they had opened, and while everything was yummy, I would say $9 for 1 1/2 artichokes is a little steep. Hopefully they'll adjust as time goes on. Fortunately for us, we were able to use our TIW card here.

We snooped around the corner at Tutto Italia- there are a lot more booths in the restaurant now.

188.jpg

Lonnie was wearing her obligatory bday button (her bday was in April, but we can't come then), and she was treated to Italian festivities!

189.jpg

192.jpg

193.jpg

195.jpg

I took a few pics of what was in the case up front, while we waited for to-go wine- yum yum-

199.jpg

198.jpg

200.jpg

201.jpg

202.jpg

203.jpg

204.jpg

Cont'd next post-

More food in the case-

205.jpg

206.jpg

207.jpg

We all LOVED the lighting-

197.jpg

208.jpg

Aside from a little spillage (nice to know Disney buys you a new one when THAT happens, too- it's not just for Cheese Danish!), :eek: once we had our to-go wine, we were on our way-

196.jpg

209.jpg

The flowers were so lovely-

210.jpg

GAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

211.jpg

:rotfl2:

213.jpg

214.jpg

LOVED the shirts on this group-

216.jpg

Of course, we only made it so far before it was time to stop for champagne in France-

217.jpg

because God forbid we try to make it all around the lake on cinco de Drinko with an empty glass! :scared1:

Lonnie & Pam headed off to Soarin- and the rest of us decided to go somewhere else....any guesses where?

Up next!:dance3:

Hi Ellen! Yes, we were really busy! Actually, we don't move to AZ until September! This "move" was to move all of our stuff out into storage and move our travel trailer into our own driveway, and to move our son and his family out of his house and into ours! They've sold their home and are renting ours for a couple of years.

We will visit AZ again at the end of June over my birthday weekend! :yay:

Sorry for being so distratcted! I did know that- I'm just a little overwhelmed myself lately!

Okay, now that I'm caught up - I am so enjoying your tag team posting with Kara Jean! How cool that you are meeting up with your DIS fan club members!

I, like Drea am a little surprised about the drinks you are passing up, but I'm sure you will make up for it! ;)

Nothing to worry about THERE....:rolleyes:

Mmm, I had a very wonderful cab especially chosen for me at Boma when we ate there for dinner - I wonder if it was the one offered in the flight? I'm def going to look for that "virgin" red when we've moved to a real place. I guess they have a really great wine bar in Phoenix that does Friday tastings that are not to be missed!

Sounds great!:thumbsup2

Ok, KJ! Love the anorexic photo! :rotfl2: I'm sure that pose just got Mr. Black Sox even more hot under the collar! :lmao:

It is so fun to see all of you getting together and having such a great time! I am hoping one of these days the timing will be right to join you! Nice to see Cammie is back in the gang - it looked a little empty without her last year!:grouphug:

I agree!:goodvibes

ELLEN! You have to tell me when you are at DL! I will be a 4 hr drive away from there! I would love to pop over and see you!:banana:

That would be awesome!! We are hoping to book Aug 7-11th in DL. I'll be sure to keep you posted! :goodvibes

OK, the waiter looks like he is staring at something he can't quite make sense of on the top of Kara's head! :lmao:

Aside from a little spillage (nice to know Disney buys you a new one when THAT happens, too- it's not just for Cheese Danish!), :eek: once we had our to-go wine, we were on our way-

You had me at "to-go wine"!

Lonnie & Pam headed off to Soarin- and the rest of us decided to go somewhere else....any guesses where?

Germany for beer? :thumbsup2

YOU were parched? Imagine me shoving all those nice families out of my way getting off DME so I could meet a bunch of childless women at a BAR in Disney World!!!!! I win!

But I arrived. Alone. :sad2: But not for long!!!!

I'm so glad Italy added this wine bar - especially now that they have TWO restaurants here - it will make the waits much nicer. I just wish this was here back in December when I was here with my family. I could have sent them on to Via Napoli and I could have enjoyed time alone with Ellen's baseball coach!

I walked in, and asked the hostess to please direct me to the quietest table in the room because that is where my friends would be.

Instead she sent me HERE!

DSC_1098.jpg

Next thing ya know, wine is flying, Cammie is soaked, servers are hooting and hollering. It's like a big ole bar fight! Well, except there's no fighting involved.....

DSC_1105.jpg

DSC_1106.jpg

DSC_1107.jpg

Coach was a bit nervous putting down this second glass of wine..... I think he was scared.....

DSC_1109.jpg

DSC_1103.jpg

Loved this little place

DSC_1094.jpg

DSC_1095.jpg

DSC_1096.jpg

DSC_1111.jpg

DSC_1113.jpg

OK, here we are again......

Kara, Joan, Ellen, Cammie

DSC_1115.jpg

And my favorite part of any goodbye.....

Roadies!!!

DSC_1110.jpg

On our way to our next stop, look who we ran across! She really IS practically perfect in every way!

But she couldn't quite understand me I don't think.... "I said, 'y'all' - it's what y'all say where I come from."

DSC_1130.jpg

NOW who looks practically perfect???? WE DO!!!!

DSC_1135.jpg

Now who said Germany was our next stop?

EEEEHHHHHHHH!

Try again!

DSC_1122.jpg

Where's Waldo???? I mean, Where's Pauldo? That will come into play later and if you can answer what the first reference was to Pauldo, you will be a big WINNER!!!!! You heard it hear first!!!

Note, if you are a Buckeye, NEVER give your camera to a Florida Gator, just saying....

DSC_1123.jpg

DSC_1124.jpg

DSC_1125.jpg

DSC_1126.jpg

DSC_1128.jpg

Out of all those pics, you'd think she could have gotten ONE of all four of us looking "human?" Darn Gators......

A but we love those gators and buckeyes. Looks to die for. I'm glad my diet will be done by may because I think I could do some damage with all of that food. Drooling!!!!im glad Srea threw down so there would have to be another trip. :)

Peas and carrots is a great way to describe Ellen and Kara

Love all the updates ..... what a fun "reunion". :thumbsup2

Can't wait to try the Wine Cellar for myself in August. Thanks for giving it the thumbs up, ladies. :goodvibes

MMMM my mouth is watering, so much fun before you even get on the ship!

Please stop by and check out my update, too :goodvibes

That would be awesome!! We are hoping to book Aug 7-11th in DL. I'll be sure to keep you posted! :goodvibes

Yay! Great time to be in SF too! Aug should work great for us~! I see it's over a weekend, so we should be able to take off Friday and come back Sunday!!!!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter