DISmoms 4 - The Hunt for Jack Sparrow

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by karajeboo, May 23, 2012.

1. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

I find that when I brief friends or co-workers on DME and luggage it's like I'm explaining the mysteries of the universe. So I think a lot of people just don't get it.

Good for you for tipping. If I were on your bus it would be two of us tipping at least.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MagicMe

MagicMe DIS Veteran

My sister and her family stayed in a GV there last year. The pictures alone are amazing!!! They absolutely loved it!!! You'll have a great time!

4. karajeboo

karajeboo DISmom by land and by sea!

I used to manage The Melting Pot restaurant, and if you've ever been you know that wine is a big part of any fondue restaurant. So we studied wine a LOT. The best red for a "beginner" is a beaujolais - Louis Jadot makes a nice one. It's a light red......

5. tokyodisneydad

tokyodisneydad DIS Veteran

Just make sure to use the right glass with the right wine:thumbsup2

We are having a wine party tonight at my house...all you ladies are invited. just jump on a plane and get here before 6. I will take you to Disney SEA tomorrow.:banana:

6. lauren_elizabeth

lauren_elizabeth Disney World Lover

Thanks Kara! I'll have to get that one a try. :thumbsup2

7. karajeboo

Geez, I just saw this.... otherwise I'd have been there!!!! :rotfl2:

8. podsnel

podsnel <font color=blue>just skippin' around, amusing mys

[​IMG]

When we got this pic- we all said, "OMG!!! Kara's gone anorexic!!!!:rotfl:

Si- Il Ditchio Senora....

We asked Loni & Pam about the pullout, and they both thought it was great! Just call for an extra blankie to go with it for your parents-

THANK GOODNESS!!! :yay: :rotfl:

Yea- we do know how to have a good time, that's for sure!:woohoo:

9. podsnel

podsnel <font color=blue>just skippin' around, amusing mys

You should have danced- dancing with Kara is ALWAYS a solid gold good time... :rolleyes1

OHHHHHH!!! Sooooo sweet! :love:

Yea- I think we all hit the wimp button on the first ride- myself included. But don't tell Joanie!

I KNOW!!! Totally random!

10. NikkiLovesWDW!

NikkiLovesWDW! "Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "S

Oh my gosh, I just read!!! How awful!! Sounds like a disaster. I can only imagine how those teachers must have been feeling, let alone the kids. Yeah it's nice and all to make it up and go a later date but now that's an entire day of school that was missed for nothing!

11. Beth D

Beth D DIS Veteran

MMM, Ritas and vino, and cupcakes! What a way to start a DIS mom trip off! The only thing i haven't seen so far is a pic of Ellen kissing a monkey?!? I also expected to see some dancing there with the parade in SAANA.

Kara - I was humming the song to myself! Can't give up all my secrets! Do the hustle! Da da da da...

12. iloverags2

iloverags2 DIS Veteran

So glad I found this report! I had contemplated crashing your little party, but alas I was cruising myself May 9-14, had a conference in Orlando May 14-17, and Mom came down for a visit May 24-29. There was no way this old body could handle anything else!

So cool Disney can make little Hidden Mickey's in the water with lemon and lime slices even!

Ready to hear more about your crazy adventures!

13. Jillpie

Jillpie Can you package some Main St. music and send it to

I'm so in on this:), looks like a blast ladies!!:yay:

14. tokyodisneydad

Did someone forget the corkscrew and thats the reason we cant get inside the wine bar?:confused3

15. tokyodisneydad

Did someone forget the corkscrew and thats the reason we cant get inside the wine bar?:confused3

16. Misskitty3

Misskitty3 DIS Veteran

How fun! Looking forward to the rest of the trip report!

17. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Oops! Sliding in a lttle late, but I'm checking in! Now to catch up...

18. JKSWonder

JKSWonder Twelve plus trips and counting

Thanks. He can be an EXTREME handful, but I do admit, the kids got charm.

19. karajeboo

Why yes, yes it is..... "Do the Hustle!" :dance3:

20. chasshan

chasshan calgirl6

Hi, I'm new here. I've been enjoying reading this TR. I found it after reading Kara's two TR's. (Had fun reading those Kara!)
    Sorry but I'm having trouble keeping track of who is who.....so many blondes!
    Am I posting to Ellen's post and photos above? I went back to page 2 or 3 and looked at the group photo to try and memorize who is who. Maybe when one of you posts another group photo in the future you could say who's who again?

Just wanted to comment on 3 things:
    I'm always amazed at the longer wait times for Soarin in WDW, compared to DCA. I hope you get nice short lines,even for FP while in CA. Have a great time in SF and at Yosemite too!

I have yet to make a rope drop!! It is a dream and goal to make it someday.
    I think it will have to be a trip without my kids.....and maybe without my husband too. Teenagers are very hard to wake up!!

And one more thing. I'm guessing you probably know this as you've been to WDW many more times than I. With regards to your dropped danish:sad2:
    Did you know that if you drop your food or drink, WDW will replace it for free? No questions asked, and don't wait in line again. Just go to a Pick-UP window and tell them you dropped, or spilled, your food, and they will replace it with a smile.

Can't wait to see what happens next!
    Shanna

21. anewmac

anewmac Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

ditto!