DISmoms 4 - The Hunt for Jack Sparrow

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by karajeboo, May 23, 2012.

1. CRdisMom

CRdisMom DIS Veteran

no second rate snow white there. loved the pins. I assume bulmaro remembered you. Dang crab tostadas.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. karajeboo

karajeboo DISmom by land and by sea!

I was reading and typing as you were updating....

4. karajeboo

So while Drinko de Mayo was beginning, I was 36,000 feet in the air..... so while some were flying high, I was flying high.....:rotfl: Oh, I crack myself up!

For whatever reason, I didn't have my DME paperwork when I arrived, so I had to stand in line at the DME counter at MCO, and what is up with everyone in line having their suitcases????? Isn't the whole idea behind DME that you check your luggage and don't worry about it again until it arrives at your resort? Or are these people who are last minute DME checker inners? :confused3

So I boarded, go a seat to myself - not that I normally share a SEAT, but I guess I should say I didn't have a seatmate. Or a next door seatmate. Or basically, I didn't have to sit next to anyone.... clear?

I knew I didn't want to waste any time once I got to the resort, so I decided to apply sunscreen during the ride. Well, why not????

But I think Joe Blacksockswithsneakers sitting across the aisle from me really liked it..... :love:

And then I listened to our driver, Chris Rock, entertain us the entire drive to BW.... OK, maybe it wasn't THE Chris Rock, but he sounded EXACTLY like him and he kept me entertained. And I was the ONLY one who tipped the poor guy when I got off at my stop, which was the FIRST stop on the ride to WDW! Why don't people tip? He was a GREAT driver, actually more of a tour guide than a shuttle driver.

I was getting texts that my girls were at the Ditch, they were at the Italian Ditch (el ditchio) and I was on a BUS with Chris Rock!!!! So I texted them back..... I'm THIRSTY!!!!!

[​IMG]

As the first to arrive, I quickly made my way to check-in, grabbed my key, raced up to the room to drop off carry-on, and I was on my way!!!! Cammie had texted me to say that our room was ready and get this.... it was the SAME room I had in December!!!! Out of all the gin joints..... I mean, out of all the rooms at BWV, how crazy to get the exact same one as just 5 months ago!!!!

Soon I saw THIS!

[​IMG]

I get another text.... "we are heading to the new wine bar in Italy." So I text back, "Meet me at the International Gateway, I'm almost there!" To which I get......

"We're already here (Italy)."

Dang! When I said flying high I wasn't kidding! To go from Mexico to Italy in less than 30 seconds is WAAAAAY impressive!!!!!

I hustled..... well, not disco style. da da da da da da da da da... do the hustle! OK, who got up from their desk and did the dance?????

And soon I was HERE!!!!

[​IMG]

It's time! Time to get DISmoms 4 underway!!!!!

5. jedijill

jedijill <font color=red>Chiefs fan living in Bronco countr

Isn't the ditch in Italian "il ditchio"? :confused3 :rotfl:

This report is off to a great start! You ladies look like a lot of fun.

Jill in CO

6. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Fun updates.
    how is the pullout bed at BCV? is that a queen size? My parents are now staying with me in Nov for 3 nights there, and I told them they have the pull out. I hope it's comfy, or I will hear all about it. LOL

7. NMW

NMW DIS Veteran

Love the pictures of the tequila bar and the new wine bar. Can't wait to go there. I guess you are right you have taught me something.

8. lauren_elizabeth

lauren_elizabeth Disney World Lover

Okay, so I need to make a visit to the Ditch AND to the Wine Cellar! :thumbsup2

Yay for another DISmoms trip! Yall are hilarious :)

9. podsnel

podsnel <font color=blue>just skippin' around, amusing mys

It BE!!! Mrs. McSparkleson HERSELF!!!!!!

Oh Laura- Snow was sooooooo good! Her voice, her responses to our ridiculousness....everything- she was the real deal!

Last time Bulmaro remembered me- this time- I'm not sure....:confused3 We didn't have much of a chance to chat, it was kind of a get your drink and go sit DOWN kind of a day. Oh well....I'll be back in November- and more than ONCE on that trip!!

10. JKSWonder

JKSWonder Twelve plus trips and counting

First, that is one ridiculously huge balcony! Is that a corner room?

Second, I am the designated Soarin' runner. I leave my slow poke family in the dust, race to Soarin', grab fast passes for everyone and then when their slow selves FINALLY get there, we jump on the standby line. This way, we ride twice with no significant wait.

Third, Fourth and Fifth - Yum! Tequila!

Ok, now I didn't dance. But I did start singing the song as soon as I saw the word "hustle". Thankfully, my office door is closed.

11. JKSWonder

JKSWonder Twelve plus trips and counting

This is my son in 2008. He tried desperately to kiss Snow White on the lips, but Snow, being loyal to the Prince and all, wasn't having it. She very politely deflected his amorous advances and gave him a nice kiss on the forehead. He's been in love with her ever since.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

I can somehow remember the parade, but I had completely forgotten about it! :laughing:
    And we have stayed at AKL before, in a regular savannah room (actually sat out Hurricane Charlie in there ;)) and we would love to go back some day soon, but you know, OKW is having a strong grip on us. ;) :lmao:

LOVE all the DVC merchandise - I guess some shopping is in order for me. YES, I do wear that kind of thing!

Your Epcot day sounds FUN so far! Riding Soarin to start the day! :thumbsup2 and the Ditch and the Wine Bar! You girls ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

13. papertraveller

papertraveller DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear details on the wine bar. We love some of the wines we've had in the small shop in Italy.

What did you do about bringing adult beverages onboard ship with you? On our next cruise, I think we will first 'cruise' around Epcot and buy some wines around World Showcase.

Also, Ellen I have to thank you for a previous trip report where you mentioned Sum of All Thrills. We wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for you. And yes, I hit the WIMP button first time out. Not anymore though!! Double loop for this momma!

14. NikkiLovesWDW!

NikkiLovesWDW! "Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "S

Yes definitely! Sounds good. I'm thinking Earl of Sandwich for lunch???

RANDOM!

15. Wicket's Mom

Wicket's Mom DIS Veteran

Ellen I am loving the pixs of ALK! I can't wait until our Sept trip, first time to AKL for us! Are those lights like Chilhuley's work?

As God is my witness, I won't be margarita less ever again! I will make it to the ditch this trip!:woohoo:

I just love to see you women having such a good time together.;)

16. tokyodisneydad

tokyodisneydad DIS Veteran

Headed for the Wine Bar...ladies after my own heart...the Cabernet Sauvignon..with the black berry fruit and dark chocolate description...looks and sounds heavenly. I do want to ask three questions though if you gals don't mind sharing. Was this a pairing for the food or a wine sampler set? How much did the set cost?...not worried about price, but want to compare to here in Japan.

Last question...what kind of glasses were the wines served in? Looks like they were all served in the same size glass( maybe white wine glasses).
    Don't mean for that to sound snobbish...I mean I will drink my wine out of a red solo cup if thats all thats available, but I do prefer Burgandy style glass for reds...for me it makes a big difference.

Anyway let's get to the bar in Italy.:rolleyes1

17. anewmac

anewmac Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

but we love your comentary too!

the 6 to your pack!

WOOHOO the gangs all together again! :cheer2: cant wait to hear more!

18. karajeboo

No, Drea, no poem waiting for me..... :lmao: Poor Joe Blacksockswithsneakers.... If he'd seen me applying sunscreen AND Ellen with her flashing Ritas he would have LOVED Chris for calling 911!!!!

19. CRdisMom

CRdisMom DIS Veteran

Yippee everyone is together. I see shirts with something like ditch lovers or ditch tour something like that. I know it needs work--but hey its early.

I'm with you all. I'm an early riser at WDW. I can't sleep in. There is fun to be had and you can sleep when you are dead

20. karajeboo

YES you do!!!! I think I love the atmosphere in IL DITCHIO better than in the Ditch..... It was a lot larger and felt not as cramped....

No, open that door and SING proudly!!!! :rotfl2:

Is that the most precious child or what????? :cloud9:

Now just you wait!!!! You shall see shortly!

Oh Mother of Wicket.... you MUST visit our friend Rita! She'll show you a good time! ;)

21. lauren_elizabeth

lauren_elizabeth Disney World Lover

And I do love my wine! I need to branch out more and try different kinds. I stick to my beloved whites. I've only ever tried a sweet RED wine. What do you recommend?