Disgusting - Tiny Rant

VMK_Mouse

DIS Veteran
I am thoroughly disgusted by the greediness and snobbery of others, especially with less than a month before VMK closes its doors on us for good.

I have seen it in the game, here on the boards and even with some of my friends.

I see people with 40 and 50 of an item not willing to trade them for anything less than firewalls or princess minnie. I am not talking about anything big either, I mean things like ride-a-thon prizes, tower or terror carpets (which you can now purchase again) and gingerbread pieces.

I see people trying to get everything they can for dream ears, which are now a TDM prize.

I see people that I know have been in the game for a while take off all their pins and change into 25 credit clothing and try to tell people they are new and ask for magic and help to obtain items before VMK closes.

Like many of you here, I have given away a lot of items just to make somebody smile. I gave silver ears to somebody who had to work during the quest and a minnie hat to a complete stranger, I have given out more magic than I ever thought I would and I have spent credits on people I do not even know just to help. I know a lot of you here are doing that as well. It feels good doesn't it? :goodvibes

:cheer2: I just wanted to say kudos to all of you who are not greedy, those of you who are willing to do an unequal trade in the other's favor and those who have worked to make others dreams come true before VMK closes. A big pat on the back to those who are doing what you can to keep the magic in the game while we still can. There are quite a few names that come to mind right here on this forum. I would give you each my personal thanks, but I do not want to hurt any feelings if I accidentally leave out some names. You all know who you are, regardless of which choice you are making!! :cheer2:

Yea it's gotten worse I've seen too kids in a fight apparently very close friends here goes the dialauge.

"Well if you don't give me all your rare before too.is.day we aren't friends anymore!"
"But were best friends!"
"Well I need what you have!"

Disgusting isn't that. And here is the really disgusting part he got the items and ditched the kid. Now how nice is that. Your best friend lies to you. Takes your stuff, then ditches you, also taking your dignity. Great Friend........

Sadly, the closing of VMK has only made the mean/greedy players out there more mean/greedy. It was bad enough before they decided to close the gates, but to me too, it seems to have gotten worse.:confused3
I just wish more kids would see this for what it is and not fall for it. They need to realize those are the people you don't want as friends, and good riddance to them!

I have had players come up to me asking to "try on" my magic, hats, costumes. Before the closing was announced I had a player ask to try on my TDM and sliver ears, all in a trade window. I told him I was not into getting scammed and to please don't try and steal stuff from other players. Closed the window, and see a Guest asking why he wants to trade her. She was wearing her silver ears and TD magic. I said he wants to "try them on so he can steal them" He did not even say a word after my comment and just left room cause he knew I had ruined his scam in that room. I got to talking with that Guest after he left. Turns out she was a long time player who was just tired of her old title so she created a new character to play with. She said in the few days since she had created the new character, people had been trying to scam her daily.
Makes you wonder if those people are the real reason they are closing VMK?? Disney trying to kill off the cancer of the scammers and cheaters...

Its horrible the things ive seen in vmk and at times i regret logging on.

BUT.. theres always a person out there who is nice and generous to brighten my day and bring smiles to others. :thumbsup2

- Heres to those people! Huzzah :goodvibes

Sadly, the closing of VMK has only made the mean/greedy players out there more mean/greedy. It was bad enough before they decided to close the gates, but to me too, it seems to have gotten worse.:confused3
I just wish more kids would see this for what it is and not fall for it. They need to realize those are the people you don't want as friends, and good riddance to them!

I have had players come up to me asking to "try on" my magic, hats, costumes. Before the closing was announced I had a player ask to try on my TDM and sliver ears, all in a trade window. I told him I was not into getting scammed and to please don't try and steal stuff from other players. Closed the window, and see a Guest asking why he wants to trade her. She was wearing her silver ears and TD magic. I said he wants to "try them on so he can steal them" He did not even say a word after my comment and just left room cause he knew I had ruined his scam in that room. I got to talking with that Guest after he left. Turns out she was a long time player who was just tired of her old title so she created a new character to play with. She said in the few days since she had created the new character, people had been trying to scam her daily.
Makes you wonder if those people are the real reason they are closing VMK?? Disney trying to kill off the cancer of the scammers and cheaters...

I think that last point plays a big part of this. :sad1:

I have dealt with that too. I had somebody come in my room yesterday and ask me for my inferno for a quest. I told him I never loan items to people, not even my friends. He started begging and I told him know a scam when I see one and I booted him.

I see people with 40 and 50 of an item not willing to trade them for anything less than firewalls or princess minnie. I am not talking about anything big either, I mean things like ride-a-thon prizes, tower or terror carpets (which you can now purchase again) and gingerbread pieces.

You mean you can get something for trading Princess Minnie? I gifted mine a couple days after the Announcement.

Same went for my only Inferno.

Some folks really need to lighten up and let some of the "newer" players have a go. Personally, I would have given away everything except the bare essentials (cough-Sparrow-cough), were it not for an Indiana Jones Quest I'm planning.

You mean you can get something for trading Princess Minnie? I gifted mine a couple days after the Announcement.Same went for my only Inferno.

Some folks really need to lighten up and let some of the "newer" players have a go. Personally, I would have given away everything except the bare essentials (cough-Sparrow-cough), were it not for an Indiana Jones Quest I'm planning.

No, what I am saying is that is what people want in return for items that were either free to them or no more than 250 credits when they bought them.

I have only offered to trade the ONLY Minnie hat I have along with a bunch of credits so that I can wear a single sparrow items before VMK pushes me out the door.

I am not wheeling and dealing for anything. It won't make a difference in a few weeks anyhow. :( I just need some items to complete my rooms. ;) I hate leaving things unfinished.

No, what I am saying is that is what people want in return for items that were either free to them or no more than 250 credits when they bought them.

I have only offered to trade the ONLY Minnie hat I have along with a bunch of credits so that I can wear a single sparrow items before VMK pushes me out the door.

I am not wheeling and dealing for anything. It won't make a difference in a few weeks anyhow. :( I just need some items to complete my rooms. ;) I hate leaving things unfinished.

What I meant was that I never thought to trade it for anything. I was never going to wear it, and I knew it would make someone happy.

Along with the outrageous trades also comes the "Well VMK is closing give me free!"

I am MORE than willing to give my stuff away(well if I didnt get an unfair ban and have all my stuff put into a pawn shop)
for people who have been trying and trying with no luck to get sparrow..here you go, before I was banned I also offered my Minnie hat to a Dis member's daughter.
but dont just randomly pop in my room begging for free
then you get...well what do you need it for? VMK is closing you know..
My reply...
What do YOU need it for? VMK is closing you know!?

What I meant was that I never thought to trade it for anything. I was never going to wear it, and I knew it would make someone happy.

I gifted away my entire sparrow except the hat :rolleyes1 :thumbsup2

lol That was the same with me. I never wore sparrow, so what could I care?

I am thoroughly disgusted by the greediness and snobbery of others, especially with less than a month before VMK closes its doors on us for good.

I have seen it in the game, here on the boards and even with some of my friends.

I see people trying to get everything they can for dream ears, which are now a TDM prize.

I see people that I know have been in the game for a while take off all their pins and change into 25 credit clothing and try to tell people they are new and ask for magic and help to obtain items before VMK closes.

Like many of you here, I have given away a lot of items just to make somebody smile. I gave silver ears to somebody who had to work during the quest and a minnie hat to a complete stranger, I have given out more magic than I ever thought I would and I have spent credits on people I do not even know just to help. I know a lot of you here are doing that as well. It feels good doesn't it? :goodvibes

:cheer2: I just wanted to say kudos to all of you who are not greedy, those of you who are willing to do an unequal trade in the other's favor and those who have worked to make others dreams come true before VMK closes. A big pat on the back to those who are doing what you can to keep the magic in the game while we still can. There are quite a few names that come to mind right here on this forum. I would give you each my personal thanks, but I do not want to hurt any feelings if I accidentally leave out some names. You all know who you are, regardless of which choice you are making!! :cheer2:

Amen!

That last paragraph is why people are making these trades. They are trying as hard as they can to complete some goal or finish a room.

That last paragraph is why people are making these trades. They are trying as hard as they can to complete some goal or finish a room.

Yeah and I am the president of the US! :happytv:

Sorry, asking somebody for silver ears for 10 TOT carpets, a dream shirt for a pan ride start, telling somebody you need 2* Spooky for dream ears or a Minnie Hat for 15 dream clouds is not trying to meet a goal, it is being a greedy grinch.

Guests are pretty big targets to scam. You don't see that many guests with several magic pins or retired clothes. Plus they think the guest knows nothing so they'd be willing to trade their stitch hat for goofy ears. My friend was telling me a few months ago how her "friend" had scammed a guest. There was this guest who had a stitch hat that they just got from Disney and my friend's friend had told the guest that the stitch hat wasn't worth that much and gave the guest a buyable and told them that it was rare. Poor guest believed her friend and he ran off with it. I think its the sickest when your own friends scam you. My friend had a bird hat which her friend stole. We found her back, I added her to my list, and she hosted a bunch of games of cute or boot for a Princess Minnie hat. It only takes one game to hand out a prize. I doubt that she was really handing it out, she had one and later on she came to have every hat in VMK. I really hope the actions of these scammers in VMK doesn't reflect their actions in life.

Greediness has always been a part of vmk, I made friends at beginning of game on vmk, over to years ago, my other friend wanted a baby doll shirt, being new to the game, thought they were very rare, anyway, I traded a gingerbread bench and cookie tree for this one baby doll shirt, later in the game, saw what it was really worth. This person also on dis boards to, so its not just kids that are greedy. My so called friend, instead of saying I got this shirt at sign in, took alot for that shirt. There are good people in vmk no doubt, but just as many greedy ones also, them I won't miss.

I really hope the actions of these scammers in VMK doesn't reflect their actions in life.

I think your hopes will be dashed. These are the same people that will steal office supplies from their schools or employers. These are the same people who buy items on sale and return to the store for full price because they "lost" their receipt. These are the same people that will figure out how to see two movies for the price of one ticket. Shall I go on? :sad2:

I think your hopes will be dashed. These are the same people that will steal office supplies from their schools or employers. These are the same people who buy items on sale and return to the store for full price because they "lost" their receipt. These are the same people that will figure out how to see two movies for the price of one ticket. Shall I go on? :sad2:

Alright, but I just don't get why these people are too lazy and greedy to earn it themselves. Why, in all the time they spend thinking up some schemes or ways to trick others they could just try to go ahead and earn it all with honesty. It might take a while but you feel a little proud of how far you can go by doing something by yourself.

It might take a while but you feel a little proud of how far you can go by doing something by yourself.

The problem is that these people get the same type of "rush" from scamming an item instead of earning it themselves. But I don't know why their reactions are different. :confused3

The problem is that these people get the same type of "rush" from scamming an item instead of earning it themselves. But I don't know why their reactions are different. :confused3

Same here. It's pretty odd..but something that has been happening for ages..stealing, dinos probably stole each other's eggs. Cavemen, and tons of people throughout time. What a scary thought.. :O

since i have found out that the close is coming next month i've lost any interest in acquiring new stuff...i bought nothing this week, nothing today (green hats, green clothes, cool furniture), and don't plan on getting anything before the close....in fact i can't give my stuff away quickly enough! and if giving my inferno to a buddy who never had it makes their month, so much the better.

to those ppl who feel it necessary to beg for stuff, cheat others out of stuff, etc., all for the need to acquire vmk items this last month--i say pathetic. the game is as good as gone in 4 weeks and all your lame efforts to get stuff by being cheap or plain mean will be for nothing....:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter