Disembarkation from 4 night DisneyWonder question

disneyfox23

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know about how much time to allow for when leaving the crusie ship ?

The DCL site says you can start leaving the ship at 7:30 am. Is there a breakfast or other events we might miss if we leave that early ? How long should we allow for customs and getting our luggage ?
We are booking a limo and I want to know when I should arrange for pick up.

Thanks

- disneyfox23

Welcome to the DIS!

I'll give you personal experience, but I'm sure you'll hear from others with more specifics.

On the a.m. you disembark you eat in the restaurant that you did the night before. Depending upon your seating (1st or 2nd) is when you go down to eat. The 1st seating eats very early - like 6:00 or 6:30.

After you eat, you disembark & get your luggage & go through customs. It is usually very quick. Even when we were stopped by customs - 2 out of 3 times, we still were to our vehicle by 8:30 a.m. The first time when we used the transfers, we were on the bus by 9:00 am.

Similar question.....what is the latest you can leave the ship? We have early dinner seating, but will not be getting up to have a sit-down breakfast at 6:30 AM!!! Will probably just grab something at a buffet....is that possible on disembarkation morning? Our flight is 3:00 PM and we have Disney transfers so we will probably sitting around Orlando Intl. for quite a few hours! So we would like to exit the ship as late as possible, which I think is still pretty early.

Sjreed, you might want to call the Hyatt about reserving a "day room". That way you'll have the pool and a room to use instead of just hanging around inside the airport. I'm pretty sure you can check in by 10am and you'd have it until 2 or 3pm.

Tammi

Originally posted by disneyfox23
Does anyone know about how much time to allow for when leaving the crusie ship ?

The DCL site says you can start leaving the ship at 7:30 am. Is there a breakfast or other events we might miss if we leave that early ? How long should we allow for customs and getting our luggage ?
We are booking a limo and I want to know when I should arrange for pick up.

Thanks

- disneyfox23
It'll be quite fast. If you get up around 5:30 or 6AM and collect and pack the stuff you didn't pack up the night before, then set the those carry-off bags outside the door as you get them packed AND DO NOT LOCK YOURSELF OUTSIDE THE STATEROOM before they're all outside with you, as I did, then go off to breakfast, march off the ship, you'll be done with the greatest vacation ever....

I would arrange limo pickup at the same time you're making the other reservations...oh, pickup time?....say, 8:00......

Late flight? I also vote for the day room...Sort of a mini-vacation before going home...

We had late seating so our breakfast was around 7:45. We took our time getting to customs as there were alot of others ahead of us. We didn't leave the ship until 8:30-9. It was great. No rush to leave paradise!

We had late seating, so our breakfast was not til 8 am. We had scheduled a driver to pick us up at 8:30.

We tried to get into breakfast early but they would not let us in. Luckily our driver waited for us, Thank you Tiffany Town Car. But he was not a happy camper.

When we arranged for the driver to pick us up, we did not know about the breakfast arrangements on the last day.

There was really nothing to do while waiting for breakfast, we just watched the crowds leave the ship.

One good thing about having the late breakfast was that there were no lines to disembark, to get our luggage and to go through customs.

:D

If you don't want sit down breakfast, you can grab something upstairs. Reports vary - sometimes its "continental" - donuts, coffee and juice. Sometimes they have eggs and such in BBB/Topsiders.

We chose to eat our early breakfast in the dining room - it would have felt wrong not to visit our servers - but the breakfast is sort of rushed and honestly, not the best food you'll have on the ship. We didn't eat much, got out, and then had coffee and muffins and a decent continental breakfast at the airport.

With a late flight, if you have a car there are a lot of things you could do in the Orlando area. You could slip in a few hours at a waterpark. You could hit the outlet mall. You could go to Chef Mickey's for a late character breakfast. We considered DisneyQuest, but out kids are still too little.

Thanks for all the information ! After our cruise, we have 8 days at WDW. I booked them separately because we wanted the WDW days after the cruise. I am acutally planning a surprise Marriage Vow renewal for my wife of 15 years later that night. I have a lot of things planned that day, so I wanted to make sure we were not stuck in customs for hours.
Thanks again for the help.

- disneyfox23

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter