disembark and flight times

AndreAggie

DIS Veteran
What's the earliest feasible time to schedule a return flight home after the cruise in Miami? Is 9:50am possible??

You would be cutting it VERY close. Traffic on the Dolphin Expressway (between the port and airport) can be very busy, and MIA is frequently crazy busy. I personally wouldn't book earlier than about 11 AM.

That's what I was afraid of. We are flying back to Houston with school the next day. Flight options get us back at 10:00 pm with school the next day. the 9:50 flight would get us in at 4:30.

That's what I was afraid of. We are flying back to Houston with school the next day. Flight options get us back at 10:00 pm with school the next day. the 9:50 flight would get us in at 4:30.
I once caught an 11am flight after returning from a cruise in MIA. Everything was seamless during debarkation. BUT Had there been any type of hiccup we might have not made our flight. I think you are cutting it extremely close especially with having to check in luggage. Maybe the kids can get to school a tad late the next day. :)

Have you looked at flight options out of Fort Lauderdale instead?

I don't know when you're flying, but it looks like United runs a mid-afternoon flight most days out of FLL that would have you back in Houston by 5 PM CT.

We have looked at Ft Lauderdale also. We're American Airlines loyalists...which is sometimes a curse! ;)

Might look at United...5:00 is doable! Just have to convince my hubs! Southwest has some great options, but my hubs despises SW...soooo, American (or American't as I call it) it is!

I didn't think 9:50 would work. Just thought there might be some that have had luck. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter