• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disdads WDW Date night options.

IamTrike

DIS Veteran
Have you ever done anything date-ish with your spouse while on your vacation at WDW? As romantic as IASW and Living With the Land are I was thinking about something beyond typical park rides.

Our best date night at Disney involved dropping the kids off at The Neverland Club for the evening.

Anything after that would have qualified as a romantic date night. But dinner at California Grill was excellent, as was a nice walk around the grounds at the Polynesian before picking the kids up from the Neverland Club.

Our best date night at Disney involved dropping the kids off at The Neverland Club for the evening.

Anything after that would have qualified as a romantic date night. But dinner at California Grill was excellent, as was a nice walk around the grounds at the Polynesian before picking the kids up from the Neverland Club.

After how much our kids enjoyed the clubs on the cruise I think we'll have to try the neverland club on our next family trip. I have our agent checking on availability for dinner at the california grill during wishes on any of our nights there, but since we are only a couple months out, I'm not holding out much hope for that.

We are going to do Citrico's this time since the in-laws will be with us.
I hadn't thought about Citrico's I need to check out their menu. Thanks for the idea.

After how much our kids enjoyed the clubs on the cruise I think we'll have to try the neverland club on our next family trip. I have our agent checking on availability for dinner at the california grill during wishes on any of our nights there, but since we are only a couple months out, I'm not holding out much hope for that.

I hadn't thought about Citrico's I need to check out their menu. Thanks for the idea.

Another good "romantic dinner" option that often has better availability is Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge. It can be a little tricky getting there after dropping kids off at Neverland, but it's not bad if you give yourself enough time. You can even take a ferry across from the Poly to MK, then back across to Wilderness Lodge.

Jodi and I had a great date night at the Rose and Crown in Epcot. Our seats had a great view of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. The service and food were outstanding, the drinks were better. We had made our ADR for around 7:30, when we got there we asked for IllumiNations viewing and said we would wait. We only had to wait about 20 minutes, which gave us some time to look around England. Our sever was wonderful and throughout dinner, she told us not to hurry so we could see the fireworks.

DW and I have eaten at:

V&A: absolutely fantastic dinner... maybe one day we'll do it again.

California Grill, with fireworks: Excellent meal, and fireworks adds a little something.

Citricos: Nice meal. We walked over to the boat dock and watched fireworks from there.

Flying Fish cafe: We ended up here one night on a whim because they said they could seat us immediately at the "bar" which directly overlooks the kitchen. We both thought the food was fabulous, and it was actually really cool to watch the food being prepared. I got to see my actual steak being cooked right in front of me, and then while I was eating, the chef who cooked it took a moment to come over and ask me how it was. I read recently that they now do a chef's wine dinner at that bar.

Another perk of the FF cafe is that before and/or after you can stroll around the boardwalk and catch some entertainment or do some dancing... it's a really good date night spot.

We also did the carriage ride at POR. We really liked the atmosphere. We ended up staying there on the very next trip we took. You are allowed to bring your own drinks along with you. probably snacks too, but not a whole meal... a bottle of wine and a carriage ride can be a pretty nice date night option.

I have the same feeling as AJRitz: if the kids aren't there, anything qualifies as date-night worthy! :thumbsup2

We had a nice date at Kona Cafe in the Polynesian. We also really enjoy just strolling around the parks and resorts at night--no real destination in mind, just wandering shops, enjoying the atmosphere and catching fireworks shows or street performers as the case may be.

DW and I have eaten at:

V&A: absolutely fantastic dinner... maybe one day we'll do it again.

California Grill, with fireworks: Excellent meal, and fireworks adds a little something.

Citricos: Nice meal. We walked over to the boat dock and watched fireworks from there.

Flying Fish cafe: We ended up here one night on a whim because they said they could seat us immediately at the "bar" which directly overlooks the kitchen. We both thought the food was fabulous, and it was actually really cool to watch the food being prepared. I got to see my actual steak being cooked right in front of me, and then while I was eating, the chef who cooked it took a moment to come over and ask me how it was. I read recently that they now do a chef's wine dinner at that bar.

Another perk of the FF cafe is that before and/or after you can stroll around the boardwalk and catch some entertainment or do some dancing... it's a really good date night spot.

We also did the carriage ride at POR. We really liked the atmosphere. We ended up staying there on the very next trip we took. You are allowed to bring your own drinks along with you. probably snacks too, but not a whole meal... a bottle of wine and a carriage ride can be a pretty nice date night option.

I didn't know about the carriage ride. That sounds neat and we are staying at POR so that could work out really well.
I have the same feeling as AJRitz: if the kids aren't there, anything qualifies as date-night worthy! :thumbsup2

We had a nice date at Kona Cafe in the Polynesian. We also really enjoy just strolling around the parks and resorts at night--no real destination in mind, just wandering shops, enjoying the atmosphere and catching fireworks shows or street performers as the case may be.
Usually anything without kids ( even a just a trip to target) is a date for DW and I. This is an adults only trip for us though so we should have lots of time together. Last year when we did it we were on the DDP so we had 3 nice TS "dates". This year we aren't on the dining plan so I am just looking at 1 or 2 nice little things to celebrate both DW doing her first half marathon and our 14 yr wedding anniversary.

If you want to go somewhat overboard:

1. Go to AKL-Jambo House
2. On a Wednesday.
3. Having signed up for the 3pm wine tasting experience
4. After wine, take a walk outside and look at the animals
5. Go to the AKL Spa and get massages
6. Go to Jiko for dinner

But, yeah, any time you can use the Disney Kids Clubs or Kids' Nite Out for a few hours, it can make for a great date night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter