• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disdad Logo?

IamTrike

DIS Veteran
A while back there was a post about a contest to design the new disdad logo. Whatever happened with that? Is there still a contest in progress?

The contest is still technically in progress. We said from the outset that we wouldn't close it until we had at least two or three designs that we felt were "good enough" to choose between.

As of right now, we have one candidate that is close. But we don't have anything to put it up against, and it's not so good that we're ready to choose it by default. If you've got something you'd like to offer, we'd LOVE to see it. Here's a link to the general guidelines - http://disdads.com/archives/1749

But don't feel bound to those guidelines. We're happy to look at something that goes in another direction as well. They real keys are:
1) An equilateral design (circle or square) with a widely resizable image (so that we can use it in lots of different contexts)
2) Includes the website name (the complete URL would be even better)
3) Doesn't infringe on any Disney copyrights (of particular concern are the mouse ears/Disney Channel logo and the Disney font).

Thanks Aaron. I've been mulling this over in my head since you responded last week. I have the artistic ability of a paralyzed goat so I'm not really a good option to come up with an icon. DW is actually pretty good in photoshop so I'm thinking she could help me create something. I'm struggling to think of things that would be iconic enough to show the Disney aspect of the group without being something they would object to.

Not to put any pressure on anyone, but if I could have a new shirt by Thanksgiving when we leave, that would be great.:thumbsup2

I should just mind my own business though, because I couldn't even draw a good stick figure if I had a ruler to make the sticks.:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Think I'm going to take a couple of stabs at this one. First offering will be submitted shortly.

Well, guess I should go check in and request an official DISDads membership now, huh...

Think I'm going to take a couple of stabs at this one. First offering will be submitted shortly.

Well, guess I should go check in and request an official DISDads membership now, huh...

Way to go Dale. Hopefully you'll come up with something cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter