Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by WebmasterJohn, Jul 17, 2012.
You're going to have a FABULOUS time! I'm so jealous! ENJOY!
Log in or Sign up to hide this advert.
Since I'm still most likely doing this it seems and I haven't been to Flordia since 2007, do you think a 2 or 3 day stay before the cruise at Universal and a 2 day stay at Disney World after the cruise doable? Would it be best to reverse the order? Mostly interested in doing Harry Potter and the new Fantasyland, as well as the new attractions at Hollywood studios. I may only be able to afford 2 days at either so if that's the case which stay should I do Universal or Disney World? Since they are adding the new Transformers 3D at Universal I'm actually leaning towards Universal at the moment.
Thoughts or ideas are welcome!
We were at universal and islands in May. It took us a day for both parks. Now we didn't do all the major coasters. If you are only going to do WWoHP, I think a day would be fine.
Can't comment on new FL, as I haven't been there....yet.
I have had something important come up during the time of this cruise so I must cancel this trip. I am so disappointed but I know you will all have a blast!
Been watching a bunch of YouTube videos of this ship and have been getting excited!
I realized though I have never Cruised before or have ever been to any part of the Caribbean. So I have a lot to plan, thankfully I have awhile till the cruise but any advice or directions to a thread to help with first time RCCL cruisers?
Any help is great!
I'm a first time cruiser too. Love any advice too from all you veterens
Boy, broad questions, anyone?
I don't know that there's a thread here yet on the DIS yet, but you can check out that "other" place, www.cruisecritic.com, which has a whole forum for RCCL. The folks there can be harsh (it's not always the most friendly community, and people have been known to refer to it as "the dark place") but there's a TON of information there.
Feel free to ask any questions, I (and I'm sure a ton of others) will be happy to answer!
One thing I will say is, I've told a few folks I'm taking this cruise, and they all either have sailed on the Oasis of the Seas, or know someone who has, and they all RAVE about the ship. I think, for me, this will be the first time the ship is actually the destination, not the ports.
Sadly, I have to cancel this cruise. I would have loved meeting the Podcast team and other DISers, but I just can't do it next year and reach my goal of moving back to Florida in 2014. I'm sure I'll be able to do another DIS-sponsored event at some point.
I'm sure you'll all have a great time and I'll be watching for trip reports from you!
Its over a year from the cruise. I would like to add a week at the world but would like to wait and see if there are any free dining or discounts that come up for that time of year. If I sign up for my free transfer now, will it be possible to change it later?
In addition I Keep getting 500 - Internal Server error when trying to access the page to book the transfers. I have tried multiple browsers and computers. Any ideas?
Thanks... Can't wait for the Cruise!
My advice is to wait to sign up for your transfers until you know for sure what you want to do either pre or post-cruise. They will still be free for you even if you wait.
As far as the error goes make sure you just enter the number portion of your reservation (i.e. 12345 NOT DC-RC-12345). Also make sure you are not copying and pasting your password into the form - sometimes that can bring over extra characters.
If you still need assistance logging in you can email me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I will be happy to help - just make sure you include your Dreams Reservation ID number in the email.
I really would like to try and go on this adventure but I have a few questions.
1. Is a Passport needed? I guessing it is especially if you get off and visit any of the destinations.
2. Is it possible to find a Roommate? I've been doing WDW solo for several years now, and for the single price of the cruise I can do 2 WDW vacations. Finding a Roomie and splitting the cost would make this a much easier to do vacation.
3. What are some of the Extra Fees that a person may forget to buget for that are not part of the 'All inclusive' cost? For example, Tipping, Drinks.
1. Passports are needed but are highly recommended. Why not get one anyway? They are good for 10 years so its really not that bad. Once you have one you are much more open to spur of the moment travel options out of the country.
2. In past cruises, there has been a thread of people looking for roommates. I don't think there is one for this cruise yet but you could start one yourself.
3. Extra fees are tips for server, assistant server, head server and stateroom host. Drinks are extra and there will be a tip added onto those charges. Anything you buy in the gift shop and any shore excursions are obviously extra. Some people like to play bingo on board. Specialty dining will be extra. Hmm, I'm sure there are more.
Thanks for the quick response OKW Lover.
1. I though so. Plenty of time to get the Passport, but I'll try to do that this next month so there will be no worries come August, if I go. Of course this is one more added exspence, But like you said it is good for 10yrs, which will make it easier to do other DIS/Podcast Cruises & ABD trips.
2. I saw a couple of people say that they might be going solo. I'll wait to start a thread because I still have to wait to see if my Cash flow is going to let me do this in addition to my regular SWW trip and a F&W trip.
3. I'm actually hoping to get some Dollar figures. Really would Love to do this and the extra cost numbers are important to calculate out if I go or stay home.
Kevin and I just got off the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line ship Allure of the Seas (sister ship to the Oasis which we will be on in August for DIS Cruise 1.0).
I'm going to do write ups for all the places we ate on the ship during our cruise. Since many will be identical on DIS Cruise 1.0 I thought you might be interested.
I started with a blog about the soda package/program - www.FoodieTales.com - and I will be adding more in the upcoming weeks.
Sounds like I will be getting the soda package on the cruise. Can't wait to hear more
Wonderful! Can't wait to hear all about the options and places we'll be able to try.
Just posted a new blog:
Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, Allure of the Seas Free Eats!!
After reading the blogs, which were great, I started looking for some info on the drink packages and I came across some new packages that include beer, wine and liquor. Could it be worth it? Maybe
Here is some info:
Packages must be purchased on the first day of a cruise for the entire length of the cruise. If one person in a cabin buys a package, all passengers older than 21 in that cabin must also purchase the package.
The two drink package options are:
The Classic package ($45 per person, per day)
This package features beer (priced $6.25 or less), house wines by the glass, as well as all nonalcoholic cocktails, sodas and juices. Bottled water and minibar items are not included.
The Premium package ($55 per person, per day)
The second option includes beer (no price limit), house wines by the glass, frozen drinks, cocktails including premium brands, as well as all nonalcoholic cocktails, sodas and juices. Bottled water and mini-bar items are not included.
Prices for both packages are inclusive of service charges. Package users may only order one item at a time for individual consumption. There is no daily limit on how many items a person may order.
The drink packages will be available on all ships by early 2013.
New blog posted.....
Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, Allure of the Seas Extra Cost Eats!!
New blog posted.............
Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, Allure of the Seas Giovannis Table
Separate names with a comma.