discovery cove deal???

Well I guess I have another question. I will get the pass from Sea World - probably wont even go there. SO I would have to go to Sea World to activiate the pass - can I do that the day before we got to Discovery Cove - can I buy the Discovery Cove reservations now - and get the SW pass next month - you mentioned waiting a month that is the part I do not understand.

Thanks so much for you help !

IF you are not going there, then it doesn't really matter! The only reason I said waiting for a month before you go, is if you are getting it shipped to you, it is activated the day it is shipped so it would run out earlier (it is good for one year) then your year is up! So if you bought it today, it would only be active until feb 12th, 2013. YOu can pick it up the day before you go, and if you pay parking to go in and buy it, bring your parking slip in to pick it up, they will reimburse you the money for parking because it is included in your season pass!

IF you get it shipped to you, (there is a fee) it will be activated already, and you won't even have to go there! I would phone and book your DC day, and tell them you have an annual pass, and you are picking it up once you get there. Or you can book it online with the passmember2011 promo code! HOpe this helps!

OK so I can go to SW the day before - and buy my season pass - and then the next day we can go to DC??

Sounds great.... and thanks for answering all my questions - dont want to get down there and find out - oh - you needed to buy that a week before you use or something like that.

Nope you are fine! As long as you have the activated season pass the day you go to Discovery Cove you are fine. You have to have it with you to show proof!

Hi I tried to respond to your message but I can't because I have not been on here long enough...anyways I was wondering do I need to buy 4 season passes to SW then?

Lots of people are using this deal. If you want to visit the other parks it sounds like a great thing. This is quoted from the Sesame Place website.

Don't miss this limited-time, special offer on Season Passes!

Purchase a 2012 Super Grover Season Pass for only $157.49 (plus tax)….that's 25% off the regular price!

With a 2012 Super Grover Season Pass, enjoy unlimited admission to Sesame Place, SeaWorld (FL, TX, CA), Busch Gardens (FL, VA), Aquatica, Water Country USA and Adventure Island parks during their regular 2012 operating seasons.

You’ll receive the following benefits at Sesame Place during the 2012 regular season:
FREE Preferred parking,
Preferred seating at shows,
Ride Again privilege at select attractions,
Meet & Greet visits with Sesame Street Friends,
30% discount on food and merchandise,
10% off Dine with Elmo and Friends,
Discount admission for visiting friends and relatives and more!

This will get you the $69 discount for your dates too.

We got into Super Grover Deal and called Discovery Cove customer service about the discount. Looks like it is $30 off the listed price. For instance, for June 7 when regular season price for non dolphin swim visit is $160 the cost is reduced to $130, which is nowhere close to $70 folks here mention. Maybe it is different with Sea World Pass, or maybe discounts are deeper in the offseason (though I thought early June to be not a high season either).
$130 for a family of five is about $650 and it bites.

This is a great thread. We weren't considering DC because of the cost, but the information provided on this thread has shown me that it can be done for a lot less. Thank you all.

This is a great thread. We weren't considering DC because of the cost, but the information provided on this thread has shown me that it can be done for a lot less. Thank you all.

I am glad it was helpful! Believe me, I loved going to Discovery Cove, but the first year I paid $289 per person for us to go, and it nearly broke the bank, and my hubbies heart! So I knew if I ever wanted to go back again, I really needed to save, save, save or find it CHEAPER! This has worked for us with the Annual Passport. One other tip, if you buy a season pass at eithier Seaworld or Aquatica, and decide you want to go to the other park you can park at one and take the shuttle to the other park.

Example, I have a SW annual passport, last year we went to Aquatica 3 times (7 day tickets) so instead of parking at Aquatica and paying the $12 or $14 dollar parking fees, I parked at SW for nothing, because it is included in your AP, walked down to the shuttle stop for Aquatica and voila, I was at Aquatica in 10 mins! Same with the way back!

Good luck!

I just spoke with a representative from Discovery Cove, and according to her with the Super Grover pass we can get our Discovery Cove tickets for $169 vs. the $259 regular rate!

When are you planning on going? I will look at the passmember website, and see what the prices are for then!

Hi!

I understand if I purchase a annual pass we can get a good discount for DC. What would be the price for a family of 4 including the dolphin swim for May? Thanks in advance!!

Hi!

I understand if I purchase a annual pass we can get a good discount for DC. What would be the price for a family of 4 including the dolphin swim for May? Thanks in advance!!

Hi there, it looks like May with the discount is $169 per person. It comes to
$719.96 including taxes and fees! Not sure what you were seeing for the regular price. I would have to go back on close my browser right down, Losing what I am writing to you, but just check what normal prices are. Plus 1 annual pass would be $119. You would only need one pass for all 4 of you!

This year we are going to DC but not doing the Dolphin Swim, I priced it out with 3 passes, 2A/1C and the tickets for 8 ppl and we are going to save about $400. Now it we wanted Dolphin Swims it would be less of a savings, but the savings is based on using the FL.Res discount except on 1 ticket for me :) We did 3 passes instead of 2 so that grandma and the kids can go to SW while I am at the convention this year but then everyone can go to DC that Friday.

greenclan67 -- if you could tell me the AP discount price for DC for July 25 -28 I would greatly appreciate it. Regular price with dolphin swim is $299/pp.

I am planning a short Mommy and Me trip (DD will be 7yo) and trying to decide which is better for us: Super Grover or SW 1 yr pass or just buying direct at DC.

For our July trip, we could do: SW for a 1/2 day, DC full day and go to SW afterwards plus another SW 1/2 day.

We do live near Busch Gardens Williamsburg (but DH and other DD wouldn't have AP) and we do plan to go to WDW again in January so could sneak another trip to SW then (but DH and other DD wouldn't have tickets).

I'm not sure what would be the best tickets.

TIA!!:thumbsup2

Also, another minor question:

Can you get 10% off the SW dining plan WITH your AP? (I know you get 10% off food & beverage at park of your choice)

greenclan67 -- if you could tell me the AP discount price for DC for July 25 -28 I would greatly appreciate it. Regular price with dolphin swim is $299/pp.

I am planning a short Mommy and Me trip (DD will be 7yo) and trying to decide which is better for us: Super Grover or SW 1 yr pass or just buying direct at DC.

For our July trip, we could do: SW for a 1/2 day, DC full day and go to SW afterwards plus another SW 1/2 day.

We do live near Busch Gardens Williamsburg (but DH and other DD wouldn't have AP) and we do plan to go to WDW again in January so could sneak another trip to SW then (but DH and other DD wouldn't have tickets).

I'm not sure what would be the best tickets.

TIA!!:thumbsup2

That is prime time so even with the discount it is $269. So I am not sure weather it would benefit you at all! We do love our SW AP. Yes you get 10% on the all dining plan plus free parking! Any other questions, just ask!

That is prime time so even with the discount it is $269. So I am not sure weather it would benefit you at all! We do love our SW AP. Yes you get 10% on the all dining plan plus free parking! Any other questions, just ask!

Ugh -- only $30/pp savings is not a deal for us

$640 (1A/1C @ DC + $42 for parking at SW 3 days)

vs.

$778 (1A/1C SW AP + 1A/1C @ DC)

Thanks for your help! Looks like we'll just do the regular DC pass that includes 14 days at SW. I'm not confident we can buy enough food, drinks and merchandise to make up the difference.

I do have a few more questions...if you'd rather I PM you, let me know.

1) I read I can take a shuttle from DC to SW. Is this worth it to save $14 (i.e., is it fast and quick) I will have a car and/or stay at hotel with shuttle service.

2) Can you only park at DC on the day you are doing DC?

3) DD6 (will be 7) has never snorkeled before. We are planning to practice in our tub and at the local pool once it opens but if she just can't "get it", would it be better to wait? Can you enjoy the lagoons w/o snorkeling?

She is confident in the water with a vest on but w/o a vest last summer she was unsure of herself and resorted to doggie paddle instead of straight swimming. I plan to have her take swim lessons next quarter (April/May/June).

She is very excited about DC and this is the first time she is showing interest in pool/swimming/snorkeling, so DH and I were thinking this could be the motivating factor for her to really be confident in swimming and learn how to snorkel, too.

Any help on whether to wait or go for it is appreciated. This is the only trip for both DD and I...if we wait until next year, DH and DD3 will be going with us (i.e. more $$ and DD3 can't do a whole lot).

Thanks!

Ugh -- only $30/pp savings is not a deal for us

$640 (1A/1C @ DC + $42 for parking at SW 3 days)

vs.

$778 (1A/1C SW AP + 1A/1C @ DC)

Thanks for your help! Looks like we'll just do the regular DC pass that includes 14 days at SW. I'm not confident we can buy enough food, drinks and merchandise to make up the difference.

I do have a few more questions...if you'd rather I PM you, let me know.

1) I read I can take a shuttle from DC to SW. Is this worth it to save $14 (i.e., is it fast and quick) I will have a car and/or stay at hotel with shuttle service.

2) Can you only park at DC on the day you are doing DC?

3) DD6 (will be 7) has never snorkeled before. We are planning to practice in our tub and at the local pool once it opens but if she just can't "get it", would it be better to wait? Can you enjoy the lagoons w/o snorkeling?

She is confident in the water with a vest on but w/o a vest last summer she was unsure of herself and resorted to doggie paddle instead of straight swimming. I plan to have her take swim lessons next quarter (April/May/June).

She is very excited about DC and this is the first time she is showing interest in pool/swimming/snorkeling, so DH and I were thinking this could be the motivating factor for her to really be confident in swimming and learn how to snorkel, too.

Any help on whether to wait or go for it is appreciated. This is the only trip for both DD and I...if we wait until next year, DH and DD3 will be going with us (i.e. more $$ and DD3 can't do a whole lot).

Thanks!

I think the parking is only for the day at DC so you would probably have to pay the parking fee!
As far as snorkelling, the first year, my oldest daughter didn't get it, but my younger one did (she was 7 at the time) I am 39 and just can't get it! I think the new set up, she will enjoy in the grand reef, because it is not all deep water, you can walk some areas! I can't get past the reflex to hold my breath,, so I don't enjoy the snorkelling part, but I love, love the lazy river, and the bird aviary, and just kicking back relaxing with a beer in hand! I think she will like it! You may go with your daughter and decide that you would like to take everyone back the next time you go! We love DC and can't wait to be there on the 14th of March!
If she loves the water, and is excited about the dolphin interaction and so on, I would do it! My daughter loved it and she was a just turned 7 at the time. It was the highlight of the trip for her!

I think the parking is only for the day at DC so you would probably have to pay the parking fee!
As far as snorkelling, the first year, my oldest daughter didn't get it, but my younger one did (she was 7 at the time) I am 39 and just can't get it! I think the new set up, she will enjoy in the grand reef, because it is not all deep water, you can walk some areas! I can't get past the reflex to hold my breath,, so I don't enjoy the snorkelling part, but I love, love the lazy river, and the bird aviary, and just kicking back relaxing with a beer in hand! I think she will like it! You may go with your daughter and decide that you would like to take everyone back the next time you go! We love DC and can't wait to be there on the 14th of March!
If she loves the water, and is excited about the dolphin interaction and so on, I would do it! My daughter loved it and she was a just turned 7 at the time. It was the highlight of the trip for her!

Thank you!! This has given me confidence in moving forward with our plans.

greenclan67...if I may impose on you one more time...could you please check the AP discount for DC for Jan 13, 2013?

I'm really not sure I want to do DC in January, but I'm having second thoughts now on the $299 price for a July visit...

Regular price is $199 for January 2013...that's a bit easier to swallow...

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter