Discovery Cove Cabana Rental and Elite Package Questions

Kidgoingon40

Mouseketeer
Hi, I had a couple of questions I was hoping you could help me with.

To rent a cabana at discovery cove does everyone in the group have to have purchased a dolphin swim package or does just the person who is renting the cabana need to have purchased it?

My husband and I went last summer and didn't think we were going to be going again anytime soon, so we wanted to make it really special - we got the dolphin swim and the elite package. Turns out, we are going to be able to go back to disney for our 10th anniversary in october. We really want to do discovery cove again since we had such an amazing time last year. We LOVED the elite package and have figured out a way to do it again, but we really aren't ready to do a dolphin swim again. We really enjoyed the dolphin swim before, but it just isn't something we want to do again this quickly. So, I was just wondering if my husband's ticket could be a dolphin swim ticket but I didn't have to get one and we could still get the package? Also, I hate to waste money, but if my husband decides that he doesn't want to do the dolphin swim but has paid for it to get the cabana, will they try to make him do it or be understanding of him paying for it but not doing it?

Also, does anyone know what the different types of small animals are you can have for the private meet and greet in the elite package? I think that would be deciding factor for us whether or not we get the elite package or just the cabana package. We had the armadillo last year, and would love to see a different animal (esp a sloth if that is an option). I know what animal you see depends on what animals are on site that day, but I was just wondering if there is a big chance we would see a different one? Would they mind if we mentioned that we saw the armadillo last time and if all possible we would like to see a different one if one was there? I just don't want to pay for all that and end up with the same animal again. To me, the animal meet and greet is what makes me want to do that specific package. :)

You can rent a cabana with the package without a dolphin swim, I asked because at first no one in our group was going to do a dolpin interaction and wanted to make sure we could still get the cabana and package, so we can book early, and was told that they used to require a swim but no longer do.

Maybe don't go for the big elite package and just to the premium? We got to see the Sloth at checkin so that was a pretty neat experience.

I don't know if you can pick and choose which animal they bring by, sorry we usually just go with the premium package :)

Looking forward to our trip again this May!

Hi, thank you for your response, mjohnson96! :) So they told you you no longer need a dolphin swim to rent the cabana? Did you end up renting one?? That would be absolutely great to not need the dolphin swims...we are trying to not spend quite as much as we did last time :eek:

I am definitely considering the premium package because I mainly just want the cabana and what is included what that...I just really love the animal interaction...when we went last summer, the sloth was not out at check in. :( Hubby and I LOVE sloths, and the idea of seeing one up close (I know you can't handle, but I am just talking about being up close and not behind glass :D), sounds amazing to us! lol Sooo...if there is even a chance of a sloth being one of the meet and greet animals I am considering that package (I'm hoping that the sloth will be out at checkin, but I don't feel I can count on that since he wasn't for us before). I will probably call this week to ask about the animal meet and greet possibilities.

Congrats on your upcoming trip to dc! I hope you and your family have a wonderful time! :wizard:

Yes, we did get one got our trip again. It is so nice to have with the baby and my parents love to just get away. Our cabana attendant last year was super nice and helped out a lot. I was upset since even though I asked not to he booked all our swims at once, had a baby with me, they did and they could not move them I was thinking I was just going o be out of luck and would miss out. No one else did but he told us they can call someone to babysit during the dolphin interaction...so just made my day.

Received this this week from staff at DC when asking about cabanas and picture packages...

Thank you for contacting Discovery Cove. We always enjoy hearing from our guests, especially when we can be of assistance in planning their day.

Private cabanas can be reserved no earlier than 3 weeks in advance. They include a shaded structure, table and chairs, lounge chairs, and a beverage refrigerator all tucked within the lush landscaping. They are $175 per group of six ($186.38 including tax), and can be added to your reservation by contacting the Reservations Center at 1-877-4DISCOVERY or 00 800 33 44 1818 from the U.K. or 1-407-370-1280 from other international countries. Groups larger than 6 guests may require the purchase of an additional cabana.

We provide a videographer and photographer in the dolphin interaction to capture your special moments. After the interaction is completed, you will be given an opportunity to view/purchase any photos or videos. The photo package prices and individual prices are:

Ultimate Package $219
7- 6 x 8 Prints (may be different or same images)
1- 4x6, 2 key rings, 2 wallets (all same image)
1 - All-image Digital Photo CD
1 - Interaction DVD**
1 - 16 x 24 Poster
1 - Photo Album

Adventure Package $159
5-6x8 Prints (may be different or same images)
1-4x6, 2 key rings, 2 wallets (all same image)
1 - All-image Digital Photo CD

Basic Package $89
4 - 6x8 Prints
4x6 and 4 wallets (all same image)

Additional Items
6 x 8 Print $25
4 x 6 Print 2 key rings(all same image) $25
16 x 24 Poster $35
24 x 36 Poster $45
Interaction DVD** $75
Digital Photo CD $150

**DVD video footage is only available for up to 30 days after your visit date.

Be sure to ask about our NEW 5x7 Black Marble Tile Etchings!
Have your family etched into stone by our new, state-of-the-art laser system.
Only $29 with a package, or $39 by itself!

Private cabanas can be reserved no earlier than 3 weeks in advance. They include a shaded structure, table and chairs, lounge chairs, and a beverage refrigerator all tucked within the lush landscaping. They are $175 per group of six ($186.38 including tax), and can be added to your reservation by contacting the Reservations Center at 1-877-4DISCOVERY or 00 800 33 44 1818 from the U.K. or 1-407-370-1280 from other international countries. Groups larger than 6 guests may require the purchase of an additional cabana.

This may be a silly question, but are the cabana prices the same regardless of the season? Do they increase during peak times, or are they consistent year round?

We are going during the last week of August......Aquatica cabanas are lower priced that week than during the previous weeks of the month, so I wondered if DC worked the same.

This may be a silly question, but are the cabana prices the same regardless of the season? Do they increase during peak times, or are they consistent year round?

We are going during the last week of August......Aquatica cabanas are lower priced that week than during the previous weeks of the month, so I wondered if DC worked the same.

I called Discovery Cove today for some information, and here is what I was told:

Cabanas are $175 per day plus tax (accomodating up to six guests) and the prices are consistent year round. As previous posters have indicated, they can only be reserved up to three weeks in advance. The customer service rep guestimated that there are about 13 cabanas for rent within the park.

If you want to guarantee a cabana sooner than 3 weeks in advance, you can rent the cabana with their celebration package (called the "Premium Package" on the website). For $229, it includes:

•Personalized buoy
•Gift bag
•6x8 photo
•Photo frame or plush toy
•T-shirt
•25% off the Ultimate photo package
•Private cabana including table and chairs, chaise lounges, rolled towels, stocked refrigerator, and personal locker
•Underwater camera

You do not have to be doing the dolphin swim in order to rent the cabana package @ $229. You just won't get the pleasure of having the dolphin deliver your bouy.

Hope this will help someone else as well :goodvibes .

mjohnson96, I am so glad you were able to get a cabana! I know you and your family will have a great time again :cool1:

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina, thank you so much for the information! I was wondering if purchasing a package how early in advance we could book it. :)

Thank you for your responses!

I emailed dc this weekend with my questions - about the dolphin swim and package, the different animals for the elite package, and when the sloth is possibly at dc. I just wanted to share the response on here in case it helps anyone else.

the response email:
Thank you for contacting Discovery Cove. We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with world-class customer service.

The idea behind saying that you require a dolphin swim with either the elite or premium packages is so that the whole experience can be made more special for the guest, by getting the dolphin to personally deliver the buoy with the message on it. We would of course be more than happy to go ahead and make an exception for you, and have the buoy waiting for you on arrival inside the cabana.

The other animals which we have available for our small animal meet and greet can be a bird, Owl, Sloth, Anteater, Armadillo, or Kinkajou. I'm afraid we have no way of knowing beforehand which will be used on the day, so are therefore unable to offer any guarantees.

The Sloth (Lucky) comes out and visits us frequently - it can be either in the morning during the check-in period or mid afternoon when guests are starting to leave the park.

I hope this answers all of your questions but please do not hesitate to contact us again, should you think of something else.

We look forward to your visit in October.

Best Regards,

Guest Relations

Great info! I am so excited about all this! :woohoo:

I added the Premium Package today to my existing dolphin swim package previously booked. The DC staff member said we could add the Ultimate Photo package when we arrive and receive the 25% discount then that is included in the Premium Package. We were already planning on reserving a cabana and choosing the Ultimate Photo package but this way we pay roughly the same price but get a few extras with the Premium Package.

Cabana - $175.00
Ultimate Photo - $219.00
Total including tax - $419.61

Premium Package - $229.00
Ultimate Photo w/ discount - $164.25
Total including tax - $418.81

Additional items in Premium Package vs Cabana by itself -
- Personalized buoy delivered by animal
- Gift bag
- 6 x 8 photo (In addition to photos included in Ultimate photo package)
- Photo frame or plush toy (toy is a stuffed dolphin)
- T-shirt (Indicate size when reserving Prem Pkg)
- 25% off the Ultimate photo package
- Underwater camera

If you're gonna do both, it's a no brainer. Call early because the cabanas are limited.

I added the Premium Package today to my existing dolphin swim package previously booked. The DC staff member said we could add the Ultimate Photo package when we arrive and receive the 25% discount then that is included in the Premium Package. We were already planning on reserving a cabana and choosing the Ultimate Photo package but this way we pay roughly the same price but get a few extras with the Premium Package.

Good thinking...never thought about it like that before. Now I can justify my extravengance :)

I called Discovery Cove today for some information, and here is what I was told:

You do not have to be doing the dolphin swim in order to rent the cabana package @ $229. You just won't get the pleasure of having the dolphin deliver your bouy.

Hope this will help someone else as well :goodvibes .

Hey everyone,

Just a quick heads up on booking the cabana if you are NOT doing a dolphin swim (just a day resort package).

Originally, I called DC (spoke with a young gentleman) and gathered the information as posted above. I didn't book on that call as I wanted to discuss it with DH first. He thought it was a fair deal so said to go ahead and make the reservation.

So......a couple of days later, I call DC with my credit card in hand and was told (by an older lady with an english accent) that I had been given incorrect information. Because we had day resort packages only (no dolphin swims) we could not reserve a premium package w/the cabana. We were forced to wait until 3 weeks out and hope that a cabana was still available for our date at that time (unless we wished to upgrade at least one of our ressies to include a swim, making us "eligible" for th e premium package). She also confirmed that 5 of the 13 available cabanas were already reserved for our date and we still have 4 months to go. :eek:

Needless to say, DH and DS were hugely disappointed, as we had become rather comfy with the idea of having a place to escape the summer heat and/or rain, assuming Mother Nature isn't kind.

I decided to make one last effort and sent a friendly email yesterday to their customer service department, explaining what I had already been told. I explained that we were returning guests (second visit this year, our visit in January having the dolphin swim) and asked if there was any way to get that cabana rental secured for our August visit. I received a very nice reply this morning from a lady named Louise who expressed her apologies for the incorrect information conveyed yet AGAIN. She explained that YES you could reserve the premium package without any dolphin swims, and that there seems to be come confusion among their staff as to the ability to do so. We just won't have the buoy delivered to us by the dolphins (they will place it in our cabana instead). She left her number in the email, I called her up, and she was able to reserve our premium package/cabana with my credit card info.

So....just in case anyone else without a dolphin swim has any difficulty booking the premium package, I thought I'd give you the heads up. If, at first, you don't succeed.....try, try again.

And as for our buoy.....since we really don't need or want it, we have asked DC to add it to another family's dolphin swim who haven't booked the add-on package. Hopefully this will add a nice surprise and spread a little joy to another guest. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter