Discovery Cove and Bush Gardens Tampa Questions

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Jenbear, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Jenbear

Jenbear Earning My Ears

We just booked a trip to Discovery Cove and opted for the free ticket to Busch Gardens Tampa since we've never been there. What are some of your opinions about each of these places? Liked or not? Was Discovery Cove worth the price? (it now includes breakfast, lunch, snacks throughout the day, plus the BG ticket) Any info would be great! :sunny:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. isla bonita

isla bonita DIS Veteran

We have never done the DC yet but we have yearly passes to both SW and BG. We have had the best time in BG.

You have to try Katonga the story telling show it was beautiful and also Rhino Ralley it is the best ride not crazy like Sheikra just surprising.

4. flatline

flatline I'm Kind of a Big Deal

discovery cove, definately worth it.

we've got passports for SW and BG as well, going to BG tomorrow. it's always overlooked in comparison to the Orlando parks, it's one of our favorites.

5. Jenbear

Jenbear Earning My Ears

What was your favorite parts about DC? The swim with the Dolphins? What other rides etc are good at BG? We are going to Sarasota the following week and thought we would drive up one day to Tampa since its only about 45 min.

6. LakeAriel

LakeAriel DIS Veteran

Discovery Cove is a wonderful trip! Loved the dolphin swim but also the snorkeling etc. Be prepared to arrive early get a spot to relax in and enjoy the whole day!

7. flatline

flatline I'm Kind of a Big Deal

BGT's a nice mix of animal attractions and some serious coasters, with nice family entertainment and attractions in the fold. it's a very easy drive from Sarasota.

8. momof3disneyholics

momof3disneyholics <font color=royalblue>Maternal Unit Extraordinaire

Discovery is not worth it in my opinion. Yes, you get to swim with the dolphins but it is more like a meet and greet and a photo op than anything else. You only get 30 mins to actually swim with the dolphins. That to me is not worth 297.00 w/ tax per person. There are alot better opportunities in Florida to go swimming with the dolphins that are alot cheaper and give you alot more time with dolphins.

9. MAGGIED

MAGGIED DIS Veteran

We enjoyed Discovery Cove very much - yes your time is limited with the dolphins - but the rest of the facility is so beautiful...we enjoyed the lazy river, the snorkeling, laying on the beach...the food was great - the staff most helpful....it was my daughter (age 16) my niece (age 24) and myself - we had a great day while the guys were golfing.

10. LakeAriel

LakeAriel DIS Veteran

I THINK the price is a lot higher then I paid 4 years ago. Has the price skyrocketed?

11. Jenbear

Jenbear Earning My Ears

When I booked it last week it was $279 plus tax. It included breakfast, lunch and all snacks and drinks for the day. Snorkling gear, sunscreen, picture and choice of ticket to Busch Gardens or Sea World to be used within 7 days prior to DC or after. It's not cheap but something different I think.

12. Figment22

Figment22 Hulk, MIB and MLB Fan!

I wasn't aware that there were other places in FL where you could do this. Could you point me in the right direction to some of them please?

TIA

13. momof3disneyholics

Yes, but you can go to Typhoon Lagoon and go snorkeling, lay on the beach, and the lazy river for $37.22.
    I did Discovery Cove last year for free ( I won a contest for selling alot of them) and I felt so gulity for booking so many after I had gone because it really isn't worth the money.

14. momof3disneyholics

I have all of the information at work. I will bring some info home tommorrow and give you some info on them.