Discovering Another Mad Dash (Oct 14): Heading Home and Finally finishing this TR #1523 (05/03)

(Continued from Previous Post)

More from the Hyperion

It was a very lavish mini-musical production and I was having a ball photographing Aladdin. How about I just let the lens genie do the talking for this post?

1103Disneyland232.jpg

1103Disneyland252.jpg

1103Disneyland261.jpg

1103Disneyland289.jpg

1103Disneyland310.jpg

1103Disneyland311.jpg

1103Disneyland312.jpg

1103Disneyland313.jpg

1103Disneyland318.jpg

1103Disneyland320.jpg

1103Disneyland324.jpg

1103Disneyland327.jpg

1103Disneyland331.jpg

1103Disneyland335.jpg

1103Disneyland338.jpg

1103Disneyland342.jpg

1103Disneyland346.jpg

1103Disneyland355.jpg

1103Disneyland361.jpg

1103Disneyland363.jpg

1103Disneyland364.jpg

1103Disneyland367.jpg

Thank you for choosing "Magic Carpet" for all your travel needs. Don't stand until the rug has come to a complete stop.

That scene without the flying carpet was a little lacking to me. But safety first and it all worked out happy ever after anyway.

princess::upsidedow

Wow! :worship: Your pictures are awesome as always!!! Wasn't that a great show!!! But, you had a different Genie and Aladdin than I had and I was there the same week. I hope your Genie was as good as ours!!!!!

DSC01189.jpg

Have just caught up again.

WOW, thanks so much for sharing the photos of the 1901 lounge. That is awesome. That ball of ice (it looks like a baseball :rotfl:) was absolutely amazing! That is something that I would LOVE to have seen and experienced.

Loved the Aladdin photos too, that is such a great show. I miss DL

Very nice pictures from Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular and the Lounge. It has been a long time since I have seen Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular at DCA. I will read more later on.

I hope your Genie was as good as ours!!!!!

Looks like you got some nice shots of your Aladdin show yourself! Thanks for sharing.

Yes, it looks like we had a complete different cast to yours. Our genie was great....not in Robin William's league (no one is in his league).....but still great. :goodvibes

A whole new world......... :thumbsup2 Great job on the pics and Cliff Notes version of Aladdin. Love it!

A whole New Hope! ;)

Thanks.

Oh how hunky is Aladdin and his abs...

Yup. He was pretty reasonable eye-candy. :lmao:

Have just caught up again.

WOW, thanks so much for sharing the photos of the 1901 lounge. That is awesome. That ball of ice (it looks like a baseball :rotfl:) was absolutely amazing! That is something that I would LOVE to have seen and experienced.

Loved the Aladdin photos too, that is such a great show. I miss DL

:wave: The ball of ice was a little smaller than a cricket ball.

Very nice pictures from Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular and the Lounge. It has been a long time since I have seen Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular at DCA. I will read more later on.

Thanks Bret. Really appreciate you checking in here when you can (and I know what a busy schedule you're currently keeping).

OK, back home and all caught up! :thumbsup2

Here I thought we had a special menu eating at 1901, but as I looked it up on allears, it is the same menu as the Carthay Lounge. I wonder if they have the cool ice spheres too! :confused3

Your photos of Aladdin came out so much better than mine! So many of mine were blurry. Great job!

OK, back home and all caught up! :thumbsup2

Here I thought we had a special menu eating at 1901, but as I looked it up on allears, it is the same menu as the Carthay Lounge. I wonder if they have the cool ice spheres too! :confused3

Your photos of Aladdin came out so much better than mine! So many of mine were blurry. Great job!

Welcome back!

Thanks. We never did get round to taking a real close look at your camera settings. Next time!

My only shopping time in the Park

When we came out of Aladdin, the sun was beginning to set. Where did the day go?

1103Disneyland370.jpg

Alison needed to go check on something for Fran. And it was in the park across the way. So, we started to make our way out.

1103Disneyland371.jpg

1103Disneyland373.jpg

The thing that I enjoy most about Disneyland is that you can walk between parks.

1103Disneyland374.jpg

We made our way to Crystal Arts for a little shopping and then headed over to the Disney Gallery. Whilst Alison was checking out the item, I took the opportunity to check out the Castles exhibition.

The Gallery was completely decked out with prints….

1103Disneyland377.jpg

…..and models of the various Disney castles.

1103Disneyland375.jpg

This one was amazingly intricate. Someday, I’m going to make it back to Paris and when I do, the Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant will be top of my list of attractions to go see.

1103Disneyland376.jpg

I was super tempted by this mug; but in the end I decided not to get it. Looking at this picture, I kinda wish I had gotten it now.

1103Disneyland379.jpg

(Continued in Next Post)

(Continued from Previous Post)

Night time at DCA

It was completely dark when we emerged from the Gallery and with a couple more Must-Do’s to complete, we headed on back to the other park.

In retrospect, we didn’t really plan our in-and-out of park hopping well, did we?

Anyways….

I did stop to take one very rushed shot of the Carthay Circle at night…..

1103Disneyland385.jpg

Even at this time of night, the PP Photographer was still out and about near the Storyteller’s statue. I snuck one in betwen groups.

1103Disneyland381.jpg

We headed on over to our destination.

1103Disneyland388.jpg

The night neon lights in Carsland is amazing.

1103Disneyland408.jpg

1103Disneyland407.jpg

I think this was the only time during the day where I wished I had more time and my tripod with me.

But as there were quite a few people around, it was probably best that I didn’t have a trip hazard with me. With luck, the crowds might die down by October next year.

1103Disneyland395.jpg

I used to work in the Petroleum industry; so this amused me mightily. Afterall, it really is an organic product; so there is no false advertising here.

1103Disneyland392.jpg

And the orange colours around the Cozy Cone area were lovely, even at night. The hues of the flowers and the orange cone lights were just delightful!

1103Disneyland399.jpg

The Leaning Tyres of Luigi was another display that amused me. I looked hard at this picture to see if there was a hidden mickey….couldn’t find one!

1103Disneyland410.jpg

Even more spectacular than the neon lights are those craggy voluptuous buttes all around Carsland.

1103Disneyland415.jpg

And thanks to I’mMickey passing on a tip to KCMike who passed on the tip to me…I was cheek by jowl with a trashcan. Literally! Without a tripod, the trashcan was conveniently located for some long exposure shots.

1103Disneyland418.jpg

1103Disneyland420.jpg

Thanks Mikes!

We headed out the Pacific Wharf exit side.

1103Disneyland421.jpg

1103Disneyland422.jpg

I still had two Must-Do’s to complete!

Such a quick day - I could hardly believe it when you said the sun was setting already!

Love your night pics of Radiator Springs, and you got some awesome pics of the Paris castle model!

Oh PIO, you're making me so envious. I really want to go right now. You're right, the neon signs are awesome! And the scenery so spectacular at night. I had not seen night time photos before so thank you for sharing!

I also love being able to walk between the parks- its heaven. :thumbsup2 Your night shots are amazing. I have got to get my butt there! :hyper:

Very nice pictures from CL at night PiO. Glad that you and Alison had a great time.

I love DLR/CA at night. Your wonderful photos are making me want to be there right now :-)

I want to be there right now too.

Such a quick day - I could hardly believe it when you said the sun was setting already!

Love your night pics of Radiator Springs, and you got some awesome pics of the Paris castle model!

Thank you. It was a quick day!

Oh PIO, you're making me so envious. I really want to go right now. You're right, the neon signs are awesome! And the scenery so spectacular at night. I had not seen night time photos before so thank you for sharing!

There are some very good TRs here with even better night shots.

(But thanks!)

I also love being able to walk between the parks- its heaven. :thumbsup2 Your night shots are amazing. I have got to get my butt there! :hyper:

Thanks!

If you do get your butt to the buttes, I hope the rest of your body goes along too. ;)

Very nice pictures from CL at night PiO. Glad that you and Alison had a great time.

Thanks Bret. :wave2:

A little Danish culture – Must Do #4

The night was fast coming to an end and there were still a couple of things that I needed to do.

We headed towards my Must Do #4 – another one of those newly opened things that I hadn’t yet experiences.

As we walked in, I was handed one of these.

1103Disneyland424.jpg

And it took us slightly more time than it has taken you to read this to get here. Only just.

1103Disneyland425.jpg

Disney duty done, we clam-bered on board one of these.

1103Disneyland430.jpg

Johnathan Livingstone Seagull and I have been having 5 minute interludes in Melbourne. For those of you that haven’t seen these….

He and I shared a Bird in Flight moment in 2011….

2011June27SummerScavengerhunt005.jpg

2011June27SummerScavengerhunt013.jpg

And we followed up with a Bird in Bath fling in 2012.

0915ScavHunt081.jpg

0915ScavHunt087.jpg

So, I thought that I might have developed a special affinity with seagulls; but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t convince Skuttle to do anything! He just sat around with that instrument of his.

1103Disneyland428.jpg

We headed in the Down Under (the sea) direction.

1103Disneyland431.jpg

The Little Mermaid is a tale written by that most famous Danish author and fairy tale writer…..Hans Christian Andersen. Like with all other fairy tales, Disney has taken them and put their own mark on the stories. I love the story….I just don’t remember Flounder nor Sebastian in my childhood version.

1103Disneyland433.jpg

The new attraction was filled with animatronics animation.

1103Disneyland438.jpg

1103Disneyland440.jpg

I’m sticking my neck out here….

1103Disneyland443.jpg

…and may get flamed for this view….

1103Disneyland437.jpg

…but this is not a very exciting attraction, is it?

Don’t get me wrong, the details are lovely and what you would expect to see from Disney. But almost everything seems so….static.

1103Disneyland444.jpg

I know, I know. It is meant to be the best of the AA that Disney has ever done. Maybe it was the hype…I just expected more.

So….call me an Urusla…

1103Disneyland454.jpg

….but I wasn’t entirely enchanted by this ride.

1103Disneyland456.jpg

If I have offended any of you, I apologise. I’m only writing from what I know and felt; and I wish I had felt differently…but I didn’t.

So was there a happy ending for me?

1103Disneyland461.jpg

1103Disneyland467.jpg

Perhaps even a start of a spark?

1103Disneyland463.jpg

I guess you could say that. This was the closest I was getting to any fireworks shooting this trip.

1103Disneyland465.jpg

And Skuttle? Maybe there might be another Jonathan Livingstone Seagull waiting in San Francisco for me.

1103Disneyland468.jpg

Have just thoroughly caught up PIO.

I have to say Aladdin was a trip highlight for us when we went to DL in 09. The genie is absolutely hilarious and I love how many of the jokes are current to what is happening in the world.

I think you have definitely put your camera to good use during the show, stunning captures.

I think you totally should have bought that mug, silly woman. It's adorable.

The lights at night at Carsland look spectacular. I mean really really amazing. And the desert mountain thingies (for want of a better word :lmao:) look so real and wonderful. You have really done an amazing job of capturing the feel of the place at night.

Thanks for all of the imagery, I'm loving it.

Exceedingly late catching up but not too late..wonderful pics and story as always. I always think you must be a great person to have as a friend-you'd always be laughing when with you but you are so caring too.

On Ariel we also were underwhelmed- the displays were colourful and detailed but yes felt too static-like we were slowly just riding past dioramas-it didn't have the "pizzaz" most of Disney has though I can't quite put my finger on the difference to say, the older dark rides. The scenes all seemed very plastic models or something and I think the ride could date or look tatty quickly if its not refreshed frequently. I can't wait to get to Carsland one day-they have done such a good job with the theming day and night. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter